Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

…So THAT explains just how on Earth Zeus can still catch so much tail despite his proclivities literally being public knowledge.
…Oh Gods. Fridge Horror at it’s finest…

Fascinating! And endearing. ^^ :relaxed:

So…maybe Bruiser With A Soft Center would be closer for Damon?^^X)

Vess: [shudders]
Vess: How terrifying.
Vess: And also impossible.
Vess:

@AllForFire THANK YOU FOR SHOWING AN INTEREST I AM VERY HAPPY TO GUSH ABOUT MY BEARERS, THEY ARE MY BABIES

I always kinda imagined Vesper as being more inclined to drink than my other two Bearers (Alex…I’m on the fence about, but Helena is definitely too goody-goody to ever do anything), it’s just…the Bearer is canonically 17…and American…and I didn’t know how well that would go over, lol. And then it sorta spiraled out into Vesper just becoming a straight up alcoholic who stashes vodka bottles under her bed, and I think that’s great.
When you dad’s Zeus, your mom somehow loved him enough to have a second child that you’ve never met, and your aunt turned out to be your sister who was also in love with your mother, and your uncle is the father of the love of your life…well…drinking is an understandable response.

And YES. @Okami-Nora’s Damon is a friggin ladies’ man, omg!! I love him, he’s the best! :smiley:
We joke about @Fay’s Nyx climbing him like a mountain, huehuehue…but then we remember that Nyx is too lazy to climb stairs sometimes, and it just makes things funnier, lol.

@AllForFire You should tell us about your Bearers, if you have any! We love hearing about them.

7 Likes

You are most certainly welcome. ^^
I always love to talk OC shop with like-minded darlings such as you and your compatriots.

And yours are certainly some of the most fleshed out I’ve seen, for a CYOA game and especially one that isn’t even finished. Kuddos to both you all AND the author.

And why yes, of course I have my own baby! Whom I will love to introduce to you all shortly, once I get back from some other immediate buisness.

Here’s something to give you an inkling already though: before the overhaul, Phoebe Angelis was a daughter of Poseidon.
That should already raise a pretty clear indicator flag of: “Has orders of magnitude less drama and hang ups than about 70% of the Bearers you’ll find on this thread.” XD
Cheers, BBS!

1 Like

That IS great indeed.

When you put it this way, it gives me headaches.

Also, you people write anything? side stories, scenes, fanficts? Anything you would be willing to let people like me read?

:fox_face:

PS

Just realized i could have done the same. Instead of playing the game twice keeping an eye out for some helena i never saw there. Guess thats the consequence of staying up for so long :sleepy:

4 Likes

:rofl: Ts’all good friend. Happens to the best of us. ^^X)

2 Likes

@rose-court @Fay @Okami-Nora
Welp, sadly the buisness I had to take care of lasted longer than I thought, and it is getting around time for me to hit the hay, so sadly proper full introductions for Phoebe will have to wait a small while longer. Sadface.
But! As an additional appetizer, allow me to posit what the skinny of her reactions towards some of yours would be. Now, the actual fullness behind what I’m about to say has quite a bit more nuance behind them, so take them with a grain of salt for now, but in essence:

Helena: would love to be the Big Sis Helena would want her to be…but would also be the first to quite literaly slap some sense into her about her delusions. Tough love, ultimately, but Phoebe would NOT indulge in her quite clear madness, and she doesn’t beat around the bush with this sort of thing. Or much of anything, really.

Vesper: She’d try to be understanding, and may even see where Vess is coming from, but ultimately, Vess’s seemingly utter detachment from, well, EVERYTHING, would likely end up causing Phoebe to actually sneer in disgust. Being depressed and miserable is one thing. Being a stubbornly emo uncaring lush is another. And Phoebe HATES booze too, so that’s already not helping. X)

Alexander: The moment it becomes clear to Phoebe that Alex is not JUST a douche, but a supremely and aggressively ignorant, violently egocentric and psychopathic douche, she’d drop any and all respect she might have started to have for him. And may also be inclined to punch his lights out. Which considering Phoebe’s a 6 foot tall amazon (details coming later :wink: ) with years of brawling experience and a decent handle on her magic, she has more than a fair chance of succeeding. :grin:

Evander: Uhm, excuse her, but where has this adorable little bro been all her life?!

Damon: They’d be Bros (or is it Sibs in this case) in a heartbeat. Two big, buff, honest piles of toughness with fluffy golden cores underneath? These two were practically MADE to be Best Sib BFFs.

And there we have it for now! I would have included Fay’s Nyx…but i actually havent yet seen/found the entries that goes into details about her. Perhaps you might glean your own estimations from what I’ve already said, and enlighten me?^^ Pretty please?

Cheers, hope you enjoy and that this makes you want to meet Phoebe fully, and let me know your initial thoughts!

1 Like

This kind of discriminatory,
i mean whats the problem with booze?

@AllForFire @hearts (btw, i am super envious of your username and i wish I’d thought of it first but oh well) I actually did write a fanfic not too long ago coughshamelessplugcough.
The Bearer is unnamed, I believe I only mention the gender once, but it’s very angsty and deals mostly with the isolation that a Bearer might feel on Olympus, so…yknow…up to you if that’s your sort of thing.

I’ve also been writing a very dumb, very weird, very hilarious, totally not srs, fanfic with Helena, Vesper, Nyx, Damon, and Evander, but that one has been on pause because of school for the past few weeks. I still plan on finishing at least the first storyline and then cleaning it up before I post it anywhere.

4 Likes

I like it.

Its great.

Gimme more.

1 Like

Relatable. Still doing character studies for Sophia but alas work. But fortunately I can share soon how Sophs looks soon!

lol, that’s the plan :wink:

1 Like

I can invite you to our PM thread if you want to :smiley_cat:

@rose-court @Okami-Nora would y’all mind if I add another one to our satanic cult group?

1 Like

nah, go for it! :+1:t2:

I’m cool with it; it was originally your message group to take a little peak at your fanfic on Damon and Nyx.

I’m still trying to figure out how the heck we went from reviewing your short story, to French homework, to character building, to delving into a alternate universe concept where all our Bearers exist due Cronus’ involvement . :laughing:

4 Likes

With great effort, and lots o’ fun! :sunglasses: :point_right:t2: :point_right:t2:

2 Likes

Crawls in to throw you all part of the character study I have for Sophs if we’re sharing MC’s

I should really wrap this up already. Also warning for minor violence and dark thoughts

The thought is acrid on her tongue. Her arms instinctively fold over one another, hands pressing on her biceps, fingers digging half-circles onto her skin. Four years on the run. Four years after Benjie’s death. Four years after her aunt’s abduction and (likely) murder. My fault. Still my fault. It should’ve been me.

[SHHRKKRK]

[I was going to let him live girl but your friend just had to put up a fight]

[No…No….No no no]

[Your turn next]

Sophia’s nails nearly draw blood. This is not living.

[SOPHIA! RUN!]

And right on cue, on the fourth step she takes, she hears the sharp sting of glass breaking — the floor giving way like a thousand shards of glass. Sophia falls and her reflection glints against the broken pieces. Bloodshot eyes and dark circles stare back at her; the pallidness of her skin looks more sallow than what she remembers.

“You did this,” a thousand voices reverberate through the fragments, her reflection’s gaze pierces through the glass as accusatory as they come. “This is entirely your fault!”

The broken pieces begins to swirl around her, slicing shallowly through her skin. Sophia winces, her hand instinctively flying to her cheek trying to alleviate some of the pain.

4 Likes

Phoebe: “You mean aside from the fact it rots your brain AND your guts, makes people act not like themselves, leads to, causes and worsens far more problems than it EVER solves, and just plain darn tastes awful?
Nope, certainly can’t think of anything that could be wrong with booze. Note the sarcasm. Please.”

I’d be honored! That is if your all 100% cool with it. ^^

Just wanted to come out of my hiatus hidey-hole to say that the idea of not one but six+ Bearers running around scares the living hell out of me. I can’t even begin to imagine how Zeus feels about it and OH GOD HERA.

5 Likes