Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

heroic-fantasy
young-adult-fiction
gender-choice
nonbinary-inclusive

I suppose when you think about this from a certain point of view, one could assume that the prophecy would had been referring to Saint but of course we the readers knows this isn’t true but maybe there are some people in the story that could be thinking this way. Just sayin’.

Well, no, because the Bearer and Bestower are born at exactly the same time, signalling their intertwinedness.

I don’t remember if there was a prophecy regarding Aeson’s birth, and his birth parents’ identity, the way Priscilla was.

Regardless, as far we know, no one was born in conjunction with Saint so…

It doesn’t seem like Saint has that odd circle mark on the palm of his hand like the Bearer though, which could be a mark that is linked to the Bearer.

Of course I don’t remember if Korrina/Leon also had the mark on their hand, so that circle mark could just have to do with this Current Bearer.

Also the birth thing: pretty sure Aeson was born the moment the Bearer came into the world.

Of course, this is assuming that the Essence isn’t a bit of a unconscious trickster even in their sleeping state: I still feel like the Bearer or Bestower may have managed to do something of significance that effects the Gods and others in some way (which is heavily implied to be the case with our beloved Bestower Aeson).

Didn’t Hades have the circle mark on his hand right at the beginning though? So maybe that circle mark shows if you’re a god (Demi or full) or not.

I don’t remember Hades having the circle mark. :thinking: But then I also don’t remember if the narrative mentions Aeson or Korrina/Leon having one either. :woman_shrugging:t2:

No, that the the Bearer taking note of of the circle on their right hand

You’re talking about the scene when the Bearer was really young, right?

The man glances at you, bringing a hand toward yours, which is currently positioned in front of your perplexed face. You note the strange shape on the inside of your right palm. You believe it’s called a circle

Ah right, it’s been a while. Thanks for clearing up my mistake.

:smile: You reminded me of

Person of importance: So who is your godly parent?
MC: I’m an orphan. I never knew my mom and I lost my dad many years ago. :pensive:
Zeus [from the top of a random cloud]: QUIT TELLING EVERYONE I’M DEAD!
MC: Sometimes I can still hear his voice.

Is it possible for a child to disown their own parent?

If so then:

Same. a part of me/Leigh will always think: “of all the fucking gods, why does it have to be the serial adulterer [that has to be my father]?”

if Hera stopped being a bitch to Leigh, i won’t mind taking her side.

@Rohie PLEASE LET THIS BE A OPTION. :rofl:

@Anathema Thank you for making that so much funnier.

I wonder how the ROs and Saint would react to hearing the Bearer say that while they’re present. :joy:

On a serious note, it does happen. It often happens with adult children who already have a way to take care of themselves and whose relationship with one or both parents becomes too heavily strained and unhealthy due to a good number of personal reasons for the adult child.

He’d probably double over from laughter. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love how we all disagree on many things: Who’s the best RO, whether or not Athena is a good mother figure, if killing Saxon is or isn’t justified, is Saint annoying or just a good-hearted goof, so on and so forth.

But the one thing that will always bring us, Children of the Gods enthusiasts, together is our collective hate of Zeus :smile:

My Bearers don’t hate Zeus, they just don’t think much of him.

In my case as well, of the entire pantheon, i’d only trust hades

Dont you like aunt alice? :upside_down_face:

My bearer dont exactly ‘hates’ zeus and the gods, he just dislikes them, a lot, since he feels forced by the gods to play nice so as to obtain freedom from them. I think thats plenty of reason to hate most of them. Zeus is their leader so he dislikes him more. Also hes an adulterer

Its perfectly possible to have a healthy relationship with your parents in these cases, when your somewhere and they are far away from you.
Seriously now. It may be a bit weird at first, but once u get used, living by yourself can be a peaceful and liberating experience.
And if you care, the relationship with your parents may actually “improve” with the distance.

I cant ‘not make a speech’ during the cerimony. :confused:
Also, why cant i say something like " im doing this for me, not you" or " you should fight for yourselves instead of fool around and suck up to people like me to to fight for you" ?

:fox_face:

I’ll give Athena the benefit of the doubt.

Leigh is fond of Hades and is willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Athena.

As for the pantheon, you can still like some of them and still not trust them, right?

Is there a reason i keep getting poseidon as my daddy? i have 70 wit and killed saxon. :confused:

:fox_face:

Rohie is going to rewrite the Bearer’s father (hence the other players showing their distaste to zeus) so that part will be obsolete soon.