Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

One would tell Priscilla that they wish they could have had a future together. That they understand her life was set in stone for her in a prophecy, which makes them sad but they love her. If it pained her to leave them then they want to make it better for her conscience.

If it was in person then they would be awkward AF, lost and conflicted. It’s easy to respond to something written years ago but a person… Oh, hello mother that’s dead / that I thought was dead / apparition of mother that is dead. Um… why are you here? Am I dead!!!

The other would probably not care about the journals past the initial look through and would give them to Saint or leave them in the dust. He’ll do anything to convince himself that he cares for no one and will get out of here first chance he gets, even though there is nothing out there for him. He’s angry but he can’t bring himself to be angry at her just for giving birth to him. Neither of them could choose their lives after all. Although he’d be the sulkiest, most brooding child glaring from the corner there would be occasional soft, almost wishful glances until he catches himself and broods once more. This can be applied to the journals, especially if they have a heartfelt message at the end. If he could question her it’d be barked and short. Why? Why did you leave me? Why is there so much responsibility on me? Why do I want to hate you but can’t? How? How do I go from here?

For what they would like to hear…
Guidance. Is there anyone they could trust or ways they could win the trust of others? … Potential blackmail? What would make her proud of us? A little ‘I wouldn’t blame them if they hated me’ would be an excellent guilt trip.

Teach them her pragmatism, tell them you regret having to leave them, how you’re going to live your life after Olympus.

It’d be cute if she wonders what we’ll be like in her journals, if we will like the same things as her, have a favourite time of day, season, or landscape. Something wistfully maternal that she will never see. Would make my depressed bearer even more depressed :joy:

2 Likes

This choice doesn’t work

An echo doesn’t make a sound unless someone makes a sound first. Nor will you ever fully know where the echo will come from. But when it happens, you know that someone has heard your words or some place gives you a chance to truly hear your voice with your own ears.

As I did say though, Echo actually has the most sensitive senses compared to Mia and Evander…too sensitive in fact. Echo can easily get very overwhelming through sensory stimulation because of just how sensitive they are to the world and people around them. So they have such a strong preference for sight because it allows them to detach themselves from a situation to properly assess it without being overwhelmed by their other senses.

Echo is something of a paradox in a way: they seem to be the most emotionally detached and vocally silent of the former Trio of Poseidon. But are probably the most intimately connected to Life in its many forms and manages to do one simple thing despite those overwhelming senses: care about each and every one of it. My non-official headcanon for their first scar is that they had tried to reach out to help Saxon because he seemed in pain, but got a good slash for it and was forced to fight for their life.

Echo actually sort of makes me a little sad when I think about them :sweat_smile:. What draws them the most to the group is the group’s hurt because they want to stop the hurting somehow. But Echo is so clumsy and blunt that their actions sometimes give the opposite impression. But man, when a expression of emotion manages to slip on their often seemingly stoic face, the emotions on their face is just so pure and genuine; it leaves no room for doubt that they really care and are trying to help.

Still not sure who would be a good romance for them (if I’ll do a romance for them at all). :thinking:

That said, the Trio of Poseidon all absorb the world with unusually strong senses; they just have particular preferences with what senses they use to approach most situations.

Excuse me, how dare you??

Aeson is the type of man that would send us pictures of fluffy puppies.

So it doesnt matter if he’s secretly following us everywhere we go, he likes puppies. And if he likes doggos, then he’s best boy

And he got ’em abs

2 Likes

@Fay

How are you even sure that Aeson has nice abs? He has yet to appear shirtless in front of the Bearer.

For all you know, those supposed perfect abs of his could be a myth. :grin:

3 Likes

I’m so conflicted right now. Holy shit.

Unless we go to daddy Zeus and threaten ask him nicely to give Aeson flawless abs.

EDIT: and if he doesnt have abs, then he’ll make it up to us by posting pictures of puppies. The best way to mend a broken heart is by watching dog vines.

2 Likes

And this would likely be the first picture he’d send to the Bearer under the caption ‘puppy’. :joy:

12 Likes

wha-?
how is that not a pupper, tho

EDIT: I JUST NOTICED THE LITTLE BIRTHDAY CAKE NEXT TO MY NAME OMG I WISH IT WAS REAL

5 Likes

OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY I DIDNT NOTICE. :tada:

Also; cerberus can be a cute puppy sometimes! When he’s in a leash, and caged…

Lol just rub his belly dogs love that stuff.

4 Likes

Happy birthday @rose-court. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I mostly imagine Nicholas ranting about how lonely he felt never getting the chance to be with her, that she had been the first out of many to abandon, or be taken away from him.

As far as what he’d want to hear, just that her leaving him and Saint truly couldn’t be helped, that they were wanted, and that she had some grand mission she had to fulfill, or that Fate itself kept her from being with them is what he wants most.

Though as soon as the emotional moment ends, first question is definitely going to be whether or not the Saint Nicholas/Santa Claus thing over his, and his brother’s name was intentional or not. (it’s fun when an unexpected joke happens based on just randomly choosing a name you like)

2 Likes

@Fay @Okami-Nora D’awwwwww. Thanks you two!

:hugs:

2 Likes

@rose-court happy birthday

My bearer is very forgiving by nature, but she also tends to play the martyr, telling people she’s okay and not hurt when she really is. With Priscilla, since this is the only time they’ll probably get to talk, she might simply ask, “Why didn’t you want me all those years? Not even a letter or phone call when I was with Athena? Weren’t you ever curious? Did you ever care?”

She’d not want any affections or advice from Priscilla since she has and can get that other places. She’d want honesty and an explanation.

1 Like

Anytime I see a picture of Cerberus, I am reminded that Cerberus can mean “spotted” and it amuses me that this terrifying creature is basically named Spot.

5 Likes

Just another reminder that Hades is best god.

4 Likes

Hades is great! I’m hoping we can declare for him at the ceremony.

5 Likes

Also… you can’t kill Aeson anyway, even if you did know his weaknesses! You would die! …oh. I guess that makes us one of his weaknesses! :smiley:

…les do it.
I’m kind of boring compared to you guys. I only have one Bearer, her name just changes. I guess I could make them different people? Yeah! I’m gonna do that! …but, they’re both girls. Also, they’re both weebs like me.

Yukano can you be a weeb if you’re actually Japanese?
Some of her friends have, indeed, asked her to marry them after having her food. Although, that’s more because they are massive weebs. Though she can make up a delicious breakfast, lunch, or dinner, her favourite thing to create is sweets. She loves making toffee, marzipan, chocolates (particularly turkish delights), konpeito, and most other things. She can make a pretty mean affogato, she likes to start her mornings with one if she can help it. But her favourite sweet thing to make is dondurma, it’s a Turkish ice cream that stretches!
If you were to ask her regular, human friends, she isn’t terribly fun to cook with; she takes cooking very seriously. But, depending one which of the demi-gods (or Avery) she cooks with, that would certainly change.

• Saint - She’d playfully be batting him away from the ingredients or the food, reprimanding him the way Athena would her with a motherly tone. After the first time, she would always have some things prepared in advance so he doesn’t whine all the time. If she ever has to bribe her beloved brother, this is totally how it’s happening. Her smiles are a little tense when he’s in the kitchen with her.
  • Calypso - Since she knows her dear Caly is a good cook, quite prideful, and also quite strong, she always asks her to do the chopping, mashing, crushing, and other things that require some strength. Not the more delicate things, though, like cutting carrots julienne style. When she can’t get a glass jar open, she’ll discreetly get someone else to do it; she’s scared of what Caly might do to the poor jar. Her smiles are their same, general kind of pleasant when cooking with Caly.
  • Avery - She doesn’t particularly like cooking with Avery. Not because she doesn’t like Avery, it’s more the opposite. She believes Avery does enough, and wants to be able to cook for her as a way to give her some time for a break. If Avery insists, Yukano will insist on giving her the steps that take longer, and will stress how delicately one needs to handle this step, just so she can keep her from doing too much. Her smiles are a little disappointed when she cooks with Avery.
  • Adonis - She loves cooking with Adonis. He isn’t amazing, but he is capable, and helpful. She loves getting to see him work with his hands, like when he’s smithing, but in a much more quiet setting. Since her favourite things to make are sweets, she uses the context to playfully flirt with him a lot. She actually does this with all the RO, but more so with Adonis since she knows he’ll reciprocate. If they get together, she’ll actually hold back on this aspect, because she wants him to view her more seriously that his previous relationships. Her smiles tend to be relaxed, and playful when they cook together.
  • Sage - Cooking with Sage is odd. After learning about their shared connection via Saxon, Yukano never thought she’d be doing something so intimate with Sage; creating something with her. Sage probably doesn’t like it as much, because Yukano will often have the silliest smile on her face, often stares at Sage as they cook and refuses to tell her what’s got her so happy. Her smiles are giddy when she cooks with Sage.
  • Santiago - Sweet city of Dis, she is enraptured when she’s in the kitchen with Santiago. She often wonders how anyone could consider her cooking proposal worthy when she sees him prepare food. She particularly likes baking, since she gets to share something so important with him (if her lets her, that is). He probably doesn’t share the sentiment though. Yes, she’s a good cook, but she lets her terrible tendency of wanting to touch his hair control her more when they cook. She seems to think it distracts him, but he’s learned this, and will take the opportunity to tell her that doing such a thing is unsanitary, and will happily lay into her about it. Her smiles when cooking with him are either dazed and brimming with admiration, or pouty and good natured.
  • Aeson - She likes showing off to her soulmate. Though for a long while, she’s teaching and re-teaching him how to operate most of the equipment, she very much enjoys sharing the kitchen with him. He’s much stronger than her, so being able to look out for him in a different way brings her a great deal of joy. She likes to dote on him when they cook together, always demonstrating how to do something; even if she’s already shown him a billion times. If he does cut himself on a potato peeler, and stick said finger into his whining mouth though, she will be slapping that wrist. While she’s washing and cleaning the cut, no matter how small, she’s giving him some kind of lecture on hygiene. Her smiles are bright when she cooks with Aeson.

Kurina
She loves cooking. Though, most of what she cooks doesn’t compare to what Caly or Santiago can do. She’s about Adonis’ level. Most of what she cooks isn’t healthy, though. Since Athena insisted she have a healthy diet, she taught herself to cook foods that were a little more greasy, and just all around less healthy. She can create healthy stuff, though! She just doesn’t prefer it. Like Santiago, she’s better at baking, though for a different reason. Baking is how she vents her anger and frustration. She finds it cathartic, beating the ingredients together with the force of a wrathful teenager, and watching them meld together under an intense heat before either tearing the creation to shreds then melting it with the acids in her stomach, or giving it to people she loves so joy can be found in her rage.

• Saint - Sweet criminy, these two gluttons are related. If you couldn’t tell by standing them beside each other, you could tell when you see them eat or cook together. Don’t cook with them, because you’ll find you’re a little short on something or other; they’ve both been stealing little bits and pieces. Then they both complain when there’s not enough food for the both of them. She tries to bring food in advance, but she ends up eating some of it too, or Saint’s eaten it before they even started.
    I can’t actually think of anything for Kurina and most of the RO. I haven’t played the game as Kurina for a while, so I’ve forgotten most of my characterisations of her.
  • Aeson - She’ll actually try to stop Aeson from helping. She’ll insist that she just wants to show off, and have him be there to watch. But, they both know it’s because she trusts him in the kitchen about as much as she trusts her father… just in general. If he does hurt himself in the kitchen, let’s face it it’s inevitable, she’ll put everything on pause and spend a great deal of time indulging his dramatics. She’s pretty dramatic too. Perfect soulmates. xD

…I got a little too into making headcannons, and for that I’m sorry.

10 Likes

Aaaaaaaaahhhh happy 25th? birthday hun!

my Aeson says hi

imageimageimageimageimageimage

that’s fine! I can tell you put a lot of thought into it, and that’s commendable. :+1:

7 Likes

Oh, happy birthday, @rose-court !

Pan’s cuisine choices reflect his personality, which means a combination of basement-dweller cooking (microwave meals) and the recipes of the hicks from Deliverance. He tends to focus on fresh-caught and fried or boiled meats, including venison (when he can get it), fish, fowl, and small rodents. If he feels health-conscious, he’ll add buttered carrots or sauteed (drowned) collard greens. Part of this is personal preference, but he also grew up with a habit of bringing home mysteriously dead neighborhood pets, and as long as Athena isn’t looking…waste not, want not.

He also makes decent tortellini, which he picked up from a guy in Lewisburg.

3 Likes