Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

… Now I know who I’m romancing first :eyes:

3 Likes

Found something

4 Likes

Nice Work! I like it!

1 Like

and after awakening in the hospital in chapter 2, when taking the last option an error occurs something with the variable slumber

1 Like

Ok, tumblr mobile ate my damn reply so I’ll just post it on here.

Helena, my sweet, little, needy, abandonment issues-having Bearer would ask something along the lines of:

“Did you ever think about me? Did you really have to leave me? …Do you love me?”

And Helena would definitely kill (well, she’d punch someone real hard) to hear Priscilla say that she loved her (and idk, maybe make her feel better about the whole abandonment thing because that’s kind of eating her up inside).

Vesper wouldn’t want affirmation or validation, she’d definitely prefer advice or clarification more than anything.

“How did you deal with knowing you couldn’t change anything? That you didn’t have a choice? That everything was put into motion long before you even existed…or in my case, because you existed…? Do I even have any control over my life? My thoughts? My feelings? Do I even really love him, or is it just–?”

I’m not even sure if she’d care if Priscilla loved her or not, because…well, Vess is kinda dealing with deeper more existential questions that may very well undermine any love and affection Priscilla may have had for the Bearer.

And Alex…

“So…do you have anything that can help me or…?”

• “No? Well, this was a giant waste of time. Thanks for having as much affect on my life in death as you did in life. Now if you’ll excuse me, I got a real life to get back to instead of wandering Hades for eternity. [clicks tongue] :wink: :point_right:t2: :point_right:t2: See ya never!”

or

• “Yes? …Alright, cool. Well thanks for being marginally more involved in my life as a dead spirit than you were as a living person. [clicks tongue] :wink: :point_right:t2: :point_right:t2: See ya never!”

So yeah, Alex runs on spite and unless Priscilla actively helped him in any way, he’d completely stonewall her.
Besides, he’s already got a mom and he’s pissed as fuck at her too, Priscilla doesn’t stand a chance.

5 Likes

Did a rough sketch of my Bearer Evander during break; figured that I’d share it (one day I’ll color him in properly :sweat_smile:)

8 Likes

Cool Drawing Bro! (20 awesome characters)

1 Like

:blush::blush:

I could really feel the emotions through the writing. I really can’t wait to how the game turns.

1 Like

I’ve been working on a short story in pieces (this cold or whatever I’ve got is not helping, and me working late nights [routinely] probably doesn’t help), but it’s the weekend, so…

(Assuming that how this happened was already addressed; otherwise, he’d really want to know.) Evander would surely feel a little awkward at first. Being used to hearing about her second-hand or reading parts of her journal, he would be confused about how to react. He’d definitely show it in his voice. But, seeing as she isn’t Zeus, He’d make a couple of things clear: he probably would never be able to see her as his mom. Of course, he sees her as his mother, but Athena (as Aunt Alice) was the one who filled that void. Even so, there isn’t much for him to forgive. Apparently, things aren’t as quite clean-cut in Olympus as he would’ve hoped, and, in his own way, he understands why she couldn’t be there. But he has a certain pride in being her son and wished he had known her while she was still alive. Although, he’d like to know more about her relationship with Saint–at least some indication that he was loved.

He would love to have as much advice as he could possibly get from her. Her take on the prophecy (the idea of whether or not he really will end up on the side of Cronus or if there is some sort of double-meaning; he’d rather not have to betray the gods unless there was no other choice) would probably be its’ worth in gold. Some kind of confirmation about which of the gods are worth trusting in (as in, least likely to betray us, isn’t simply looking to take advantage of us, and what Zeus likely really meant with the promise of immortality). Maybe break out of the paradigm that the gods who stand with him automatically have the best plans for him. And, YES, knowing that she loves him would absolutely make his day. He knows that Athena and Hades feel that way about him, but there’s that underlying desire to know that his birth mother feels that way about him.

:grin:

2 Likes

this is sooooooooooooooooo goood. this :smile: smile :blush: on :heart_decoration: my :heart_eyes: face :sunny: will :kissing_closed_eyes: not :couplekiss_man_woman: so :purple_heart: easily :unicorn: be :heart_eyes_cat: wiped :heavy_heart_exclamation: away :100:

2 Likes

My Bearer would honestly be floored upon meeting Priscilla. But if she could get herself together, she’d probably want to know where the hades she was and why she never came to see her, especially if Priscilla had the capacity to.

Kasia would ask if she ever loved her and Saint. She’d also want to know what really went on between Priscilla and Zeus.

She’d definitely would want to know what the Prophecy means for her. Second opinions are appreciated. Her destiny looms over her head heavily, so Kasia would grasp for any form of clarity.

I think Kaz is the type to want advice and affection. So “I love you, I’m sorry” would mean the world. Kasia would actually cry lol

1 Like

My bearer Nyx has always wanted to tell her mother this:

”You have shitty taste in men”.

13 Likes

@rose-court

I just realized that I never answered your questions about how my two misters experienced the world world around them. :sweat_smile:

Damon is very much a guy who is very visual and tactile. The visual part has always been an aspect of him ever since he was very young, one that Athena had encouraged his focus on due to it making him naturally adept at observing. As he got older, he did grow to using touch more often to explore the world and people around him and often conveys a lot more to people through his body language rather than his wise-cracking mouth. As such, Damon is very conscious about what other people’s body language (including his own)is saying and is quick to react to any changes he sees visually or feels physically

At his lowest, his body becomes numb to everything, his eyes becoming more focused on detecting even the slightest implications of threat (basically, goes into a fight mode).

As for Evander (and to extention Mia and Echo)

Evander, Echo, and Mia (my former Trio of Poseidon) were all created with one theme in mind: Life. Water tends to harbor a great many symbolism often linking to important aspects of life, so it had felt fitting to have these three be children of the God of the Seas. As such, they were developed with these titles in mind: Evander (the Lover), Echo (the Guardian), and Mia (the Explorer). So in a sense, because they have a rather strong link to Life, the three of them are the most invested in the world around them physically, mentally, and emotionally. Though if I were to say their preference when it comes to their six senses (all of them have have a strong connection to their sixth sense, so I’m leaving that one out).

Mia is the most tactile of the three, enjoying physically connecting to the things around her in some way, from reaching out gran a trees branch to climb higher to playfully rough housing with a friend to pass the time.

Echo is the most sight-oriented of the three though, technically speaking, they have the strongest sensitivity their sense in general (which makes them feel easily overwhelmed). With their sight, they can keep a bearable distance from things while also observing their environment to spot something out of place or a slight detail that someone else easily passes by on.

Evander is the most sound oriented of his senses. He is often quick to detect even the slightest change in a person’s tone and is the first to hear any shifts in the environment that warn of danger. His sensitivity to hearing is also a reason why he is so musically talented.

2 Likes

Lethanavir’s initial reaction to Priscilla is no different than his usual reaction to strangers, which is one of cool detachment. He feels no kinship towards her and doesn’t care if she loves him or not, because as far as he’s concerned, she is a stranger and he already had a mother figure.

He would like to know how Zeus managed to worm his way into her heart. “You have shitty taste in men.”–as @Fay so eloquently said–is definitely something Lethanavir would tell Priscilla. And while an affirmation of love isn’t something he’s looking for, he would ask her if she regretted having him or Saint (although he would absolutely chew her out for getting involved with Zeus twice). He’s also curious about her family. Does she have any surviving relatives? If so, how did they react to her disappearance? Did she tell them about her abilities?

He would ask about that one event, the one where she apparently caused a lot of trouble.

The most important thing he’s looking for in this interaction is information on the prophecy. Who are the key players? What are the loopholes? Anything that might help him survive.

4 Likes

Being the sarcastic jerk that he is, he’d probably be like “who are you again?”
And she means nothing to him so he really wouldn’t bother to listen to anything she might have to say.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what my Bearers would think of Priscilla.

When it comes to Priscilla, my MC Leigh would react in a more detached way and probably says something that really shows their current mental state.

1 Like

Pan’s view of Priscilla would be best described as a creepy, nonromantic tsundere. On the one hand, he is disgusted by her life choices: affiliating herself with Olympus, lying down for a married womanizer, and so on. (It doesn’t help that her choices made him a bastard.) On the other hand, some part of his atrophied little heart wants affection. Probably.

In short: ‘You’re back. I suppose you got out by (REDACTED) every corpse in Tartarus and–where do you think you’re going?’

3 Likes

Noice.

MeMeeeeeeeee

palpatine

1 Like

I find it endlessly hilariously that Echo is sight-oriented instead of sound-oriented. :sweat_smile:

"So you think you can just waltz into my life after abandoning me immediately after birth and–wAIT DON’T LEAVE ME. "

Priscilla: “I guess you and I have that in common. [cough]stalkerboy[cough]
Nyx: “D-Did…did my deadbeat, deadass mother d e a d a s s roast me???”

5 Likes