Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I definitely will! From what I’ve gathered, so much has changed! :smiley:

2 Likes

Mia sees Saint as a potential friend. Friends are family to her, so maybe not the kind of brother-sister relationship he wants, but close enough.

Alex latches on to Saint the moment he shows her the picture of him and their mother. She craves any degree of normalcy, and a family represents that.

5 Likes

Helena feels that.
Damn, I wish I could legit reach into the canon and offer an interdimensional support group for our Bearers. They definitely need it.

6 Likes

Yeah, but I think all of Olympus would need to get in on that too.

[puts a sign up that says Bearers Only]

Everyone else can make their own clubs, lol.

6 Likes

Count me in. Lol that’s pretty funny though

2 Likes

I accept that as Canon as well!

2 Likes

This wasn’t already canon?

2 Likes

…that’s not just another Evander, that might be my Evander’s doppelganger. :astonished:

Joking of course; considering that Evander is one of the default names, someone else was bound to use it as well (whether it was for it’s meaning or because the way it seems to sound right for the Bearer).

My Evander is a philosopher and a intellectual at heart. He sees very clearly that virtues and vices are connected by a very thin line, so he doesn’t put much stalk in people being described by any of those words and knows that people always try to bend those words in favor of their personal gains far too often. He does his best to do what he feels is right (following his own common sense), but he’d never really describe himself as a ‘good man’ (he does like to call himself a gentleman).

I also jokingly refer to him as ‘Athena’s Worst Pupil’. Evander is a natural tactician and one who has often given the Goddess of Wisdom a run for her money. But his own common sense won’t let him go too far to the point of using others and risking their safety more than necessary (Athena has even said that it would be the death of him one day; Evander in turn would smile and say 'so you’re telling me to learn new tactics, right?)

4 Likes

Turns to look at my 9 Bearers

Well if there’s enough room, I guess it’s time to do some more drawings of my Bearers once again (though they are always going through minor changes).

5 Likes

fite me 2 image

7 Likes

A 3 way cat fight?

grabs popcorn Go on…

2 Likes

Same. I have my COTG playlist too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right, so Lorde’s Melodrama, Fall Out Boy’s MANIA, and Taylor Swift’s reputation don’t judge me invoke COTG vibes for me.

Lorde in general gives me COTG vibes. Besides most of Melodrama, in Pure Heroine my picks would be “Glory and Gore”, “Bravado”, “Ribs”, and “Team”. Oh, let’s throw in “Yellow Flicker Beat”.

Same with FOB. My picks apart from MANIA would be Save Rock and Roll’s “Just One Yesterday” and “Death Valley”.

With reputation we get more specific. My friend and I well mostly me bec my love for COTG runs deeper have assigned each of the ROs (+ Lavei, Saint, and Priscilla) their own song.

For Kasia in particular, I have a few songs: Marshmello’s “Wolves”, Zara Larsson’s “Never Forget You”, Niall Horan’s “Flicker”, Clean Bandit’s “Symphony”.

Special mention: Halsey’s “Now or Never”.

sorry bet you weren’t ready for that info dump

3 Likes

Maybe calling them doppelgangers would be a stretch, but he can definitely respect such an attitude. His grasp of philosophy isn’t the worst, but his focus was more on historical subjects than anything closer to abstract. Although, as he’s in a more… stable environment, he’d be happy to discuss such things with a willing mind.

(…I.have more of a mind attuned to gathering and holding on to facts than philosophy and the like, as reflected in my MC.)

1 Like

@Okami-Nora your Evander is making me realize how none of my current Bearers are all that intellectual.
The closest one would be Vess, but I’d say that it’s mostly because she withdraws into herself after finding out she’s the Bearer and as a result thinks more than she feels.

Perhaps a fourth Bearer would solve my problems? :thinking: Or maybe I should throw it at Alex and see if it sticks…

1 Like

It’s normal to get the Zeus is your dad-- but then the dad-reveal scene still happens and it’s someone else scene?

Also I had to lock my personality in twice. (Sanguine, if anyone was wondering. XD))

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s normal for now. Rohie hasn’t updated the demo yet to reflect Zeus as the only possible father.

2 Likes

I wonder if Olympus has therapy. I think everybody there would benefit from some, especially Zeus and Hera. Couple counselling perhaps? :sweat_smile:

Throwing my replies underneath to avoid cluttering the thread.

Summary

I think I might’ve found Helena’s breaking point.
“I don’t like Frozen.”
“Yeah? Well I don’t like you!”
stabby stab

Model Linus Wördemann. Especially here and here.

Oh well throws laptop out the window
jk

Oh god, I know exactly what you mean! I’m a huge Coldplay fan (sue me) and a lot of their earlier music applies to Elias. It’s killing me to pick between them.

I’ve been meaning to listen to Melodrama for a while now. I think I’ll have to check it out later tonight!

Oooooh, I have listened to Reputation so now I’m curious what you’ve assigned everybody. I’m not a huge T-Swizzle (am i cool yet?) fan but, damn, is 1989 a bop.

LAY IT ALL ON ME!
But I really do love reading about everybody’s Bearers. So please, don’t apologise!

3 Likes

Everyone has different intellectual preferences; while some may like exploring philosophy, others may prefer doing things like deductive reasoning. It’s all about finding something that matches your character in some way.

Damon: You know, there a easier way to get all that stuff explored. :relieved:

Me: Damon, what’re you- :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Damon: (casually ignores Okami-Nora and motions toward Evander) All you gotta do @rose-court is have Ves hang around him for a bit. Kid’s already a giant bookworm; he could help her find something. :grin:

Evander: (looks bewilderedly at Damon) But you read just as many books as I do. :confused:

Damon: (Shrugs) I already got my hands full with Sunshine. Besides, you really think Sweetheart over there would ever trust me? :laughing:

Evander: I… Guess not. :sweat_smile:

Damon: You two have a good deal in common anyway, with the music and cooking stuff. Shouldn’t be too hard to get her speaking to you. :wink:

Evander: (Still seems a little skeptical about the notion but offers @rose-court a slight smile) If it’s OK with you, can I…talk to her a bit? I can’t make any promises…but I’ll see how it goes :slightly_smiling_face: (begins to walk toward Vesper).

Me: (Narrows eyes warily at Damon) …Dice, what are you up to? :expressionless:

Damon: Nothing (he doesn’t even attempt to hide that sly smirk on his face as he watches Evander start a conversation with the withdrawn Vesper). :smirk:

1 Like

It’s so canon it’s true! :rofl:

Summary

jakeunfollow%20me%20now980x

HOT DIGGITY DAFFODIL

g’bye Aeson you little shit you’ve been replaced in my list of husbandos

Ok but seriously…that is EERILY accurate. Thank you for bringing him to my attention. I’ll be looking to him for more inspiration.

3 Likes