Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Hades might be the only one who has both Aeson and the Bearer’s best interests in mind. Or at least comes the closest.

3 Likes

I keep having a problem where I always get Poseidon as my father even when my highest stat is wit and I killed sages brother in the beginning

1 Like

The game is being redone.

1 Like

Even Hades has his concerns about the Bearer and Aeson being in a relationship. He’s torn between those concerns he shares with Athena and not wanting to take away a chance for Aeson to be happy.

The full rewrite of the demo isn’t available yet (it ends when the Bearer wakes up and sees Avery attending to them).

Zeus is now the only father the Bearer can have; Hades and Poseidon are no longer options.

2 Likes

Hmh mhmm

3 Likes

Happy thoughts, @Black_Knight, think happy thoughts. :sweat_smile:

Since now our father is Zeus no matter what, it really does give players the ability to be more diverse with their Stats and players don’t need to kill Saxon anymore just to get him as a father.

Yeah, he’s still not the God I wanted as a father either, but we can at least look forward to giving Zeus a hard time and having him learn the hard way that he can’t have everything he wants on command just because he’s King of the Gods (especially if he’s treating the Bearer like a possession that should be at his beck and call).

4 Likes

Couldn’t we just have a scene where we are crying as a baby and there is storm outside. We could have a the choice of what type of storm (or event) and that will determine our father (a taste of our power).

1. A Thunderstorm. (Zeus)
  2. Hurricane or Tsunami hitting the coast.(Poseidon)
  3. Nation wide blackout. (Hades)
    And after that give us a boost to whatever stat each father is more prominent.
11 Likes

That’d be great. Simple but great. I despise Zeus, so I was really torn by this decision of putting him as the father. Then again, Rohie knows what she is doing so…

5 Likes

Honestly…that sounds pretty cool. It gives the impression that the Bearer’s cries cause their father to react his child’s voice and in Zeus’ case, even give the illusion that he actually cares about his child as a living being. Though there was that original opening where the Gods are each giving their blessings to a baby Bearer and Zeus is holding them while looking at them with something akin to affection, which also gave that impression that he cared in some way.

But if I’m remembering it correctly, @Rohie purposely wanted it to be somewhat difficult for players to get Hades as a father in general (not sure about Poseidon’s case, but he was certainly the easiest father to get). And now that there’s been that particular change in the story that heavily involves Zeus, having Poseidon or Hades as a father doesn’t fit too well anymore for what @Rohie wishes to do.

But that is a cool idea. :grin:

1 Like

I would love that! :raised_hands:

1 Like

This works out perfectly then :blush: Well not the Athena part but Sage is golden.

Anyone else imagining Athena disapproving o all our potential partners now?

5 Likes

Athena DOES disapprove of the Bearer developing romantic feelings for anyone :sweat_smile:. The exact words about it on the tumblr were:

And if I’m remembering it correctly, @Rohie also stated here in the forums about the Goddess of Wisdom’s view about the Bearer being in a relationship with one of the potential ROs along these lines: she doesn’t really care about Santi or Avery, raises a eyebrow about Adonis, laughs hysterically at Calypso (due to dark sense of humor and being somewhat amused about the idea of the Bearer being romantically interested in the daughter of the man who wants to end their life), and is just all around disapproving of Aeson (due to you both being the two most vulnerable people in the Hero Trials).

It wasn’t stated what Athena thinks about the Bearer being in a relationship with Sage or Apollo (the Sage one likely due to it being too spoiler-y and the Apollo one due to him being the most recently new RO revealed). But maybe her dark sense of humor also kicks in with Sage and being in a romantic relationship with ANY of the Gods might naturally spell disaster to our Aunt. :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m surprised she doesn’t like Aeson, protecting him is like protecting ourselves…

Little did we know it was aunties fault our friend died

1 Like

It’s not a matter of disliking Aeson (though I don’t know exactly what she feels toward the Bestower); it’s more that Athena thinks that being in a relationship with him puts the Bearer’s wellbeing on unstable grounds. She thinks that relationship makes it much harder to ensure your survival when both you and Aeson are too worried about each other to defend yourselves properly (a worry that even Hades somewhat share).

Though I wonder if Athena has even considered the idea that some Bearers may be just as reckless with their own safety if they see their brother or a close friend in just as much danger. :thinking:

7 Likes

Well to be fair, there probably are some Bearers that would be always reckless no matter what the situation may be even if someone they cared about was in danger or not.

2 Likes

From this day onward I shall refer to Aeson as

dat boi

oh shit whadup
8 Likes

It’s such a dead meme. But I wonder if we ever get an option to call him that in the game. Imagine his reaction.

2 Likes

…I really do have no choice but to put it up, don’t I?

Considering that Aeson only really seems focused on putting up the hero persona appearance, I see only one expression he’d make: complete and utter confusion. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

God, I would pay Rohie cold hard cash if it meant I could get the option to nickname the characters as memes.

Aeson: Dat Boi
Saint: Swiggity Swag I Hate My Dad
Calypso: Mark Me Down As Scared And Horny
Adonis: I’m Always A Slut For Sluts
Santiago: Dumpster Fire
Avery: The Law Requires That I Answer “No”
Sage: You Can’t Hurt Me, These Shades Are Gucci
Zeus: Why The Fuck You Lying Why You Always Lying

16 Likes

I’m sorry, but I think that we all agree that Zeus is a shitty dad. :upside_down_face:

14 Likes