Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

MC: throw them in the river!! If they float they are worshippers of the devil!!..if they don’t, may god have mercy on their soul

2 Likes

For all my wire tapping of @Rohie’s laptop totally legal fine-toothed combing of the in-game text, we have very little to go on when it comes to trying to figure out Cronus’ motivations.
Lemme present all my findings to everyone

(NOTE: I won’t be posting the direct quotes as this post is long enough as it is. If you’d like me to find them, just say the word)

WHAT WE KNOW:

• He’s the father of the first six Olympians
  • Currently imprisoned in Tartarus
  • The Essence is what turned the tide of the war against Uranus
  • Because of this, Cronus killed his siblings (except Rhea, apparently) and stole their Essence
  • He fashioned the Essence into two sources and hid them in Tartarus
  • The only reason we even know where the sources are is because Hades found it after the Titanomachy, after Cronus was already imprisoned in Tartarus
  • Cronus cut off his dad’s balls. Just figured everyone should know that Cronus always meant business when it comes to his enemies. Sorry you had to read that, my dudes.
  • Cronus can be forced to throw up with an special emetic INTERESTING

WHAT WE DON’T KNOW:

• We do not know if he took the Essence from Rhea and himself, actually. The text isn’t explicit about it, but the current generation of gods are explicitly stated to have a minuscule amount of Essence to them so there is reason to speculate.
1 Like

Other interesting bits:

Rohie’s history book section tells us that the Essence flowed greatest between Gaia, Uranus, and Nyx. We know what happened to Uranus. Gaia I presume “died” – or at least bowed out peacefully given her role in the war and was never heard of again – but Nyx? She could theoretically be around

Cronus was mentioned to have harvested the Essence from his siblings but Nyx isn’t his sibling (she’s his aunt). If she’s still here, then there’s another reason why Zeus and co are very desperate for the MC to ally with them

[And why her name makes him anxious as hell]

5 Likes

Right! This would have been a great theory tho :cry:

Has this been updated?

Not since last year and still bugged so old data is still around

That’s one of the reasons why I like the name Nyx!

3 Likes

Well we know Cronus is still around. Nyx might be around as well. But is there other Titans still living after the first Titan War? I’d be interested to meet Atlas and legitimately piss him off by making fun of him being the one having to hold up the Earth. I mean, c’mon! We know Atlas can’t do jack squat while he’s too busy holding up Earth on his back and you just can’t pass up the opportunity to do it lol

2 Likes

Mmmmm. I don’t think so? Or seems difficult to imagine considering that in order to have that level of essence, you’d need a lot of dead titans and the fact that the first titan war was you know :))

Unless Cronus actually imprisoned some in Tartarus

1 Like

I’m just spitballing here but what if Cronus isn’t the only surviving Titan in the story? As we know, some Titans were slain in the first war (possibly giving Cronus a chance to get the Essence from their dead bodies) while there were some surviving Titans like Cronus and Atlas were punished accordingly. And I’m looking up the Titanomachy right now and it says that most of them were imprisoned in Tartarus while Gaia gave birth to Typhon out of revenge for the imprisoned Titans. So my new theory about them is that some of them are still around but they might not have as much Essence as they had before. And we know if Cronus rises again, the Titanomachy starts all over again so maybe Cronus and the traitor god will start it again by freeing those who are imprisoned in Tartarus, while Olympus’ only real line of defense would be the Bearer who is now in possession of the Essence after getting it from the Bestower. That might explain why the gods are desperate to recruit us to their side. I don’t think an entire army of demi-gods would be quite be enough to take down an pissed off Titan leading an army of controlled puppets, a traitor god that undoubtedly will be unleashing his/her full powers with the possibility of more pissed off Titans joining Cronus to take their revenge on Olympus.

1 Like

I completely forgot that Atlas was a Titan, thanks so much for bringing him up!

Surely Atlas would still be alive, or else Hercules’ Labor of the golden apples went very differently.

This may also tie back into something that’s been nagging me since I put together my little What we know/What we don’t know post a ways up, but we don’t know if Cronus harvested the Essence from Rhea.

On the one hand, the Olympians are said to only have a minuscule (actual wording!) amount of Essence to them, which sounds as though Rhea and Cronus didn’t pass on that much from them, yet the Titans were only the second generation of gods, one would assume they had a ton of Essence to spare.

So I was wondering if Cronus didn’t also take the Essence from himself and Rhea? The text doesn’t say anything about him doing such a thing, but the minuscule comment really stuck out to me.

Now I’m wondering if Cronus really killed alll the Titans to get their Essence, or if he only killed the ones who refused to hand it over? If so…that means that the Essence can be extracted from a being without killing them.

That’s a huge fucking deal guys!

That would mean that Aeson would definitely survive the Transfer without turning into some weird eldritch being (maybe). It would also put the final nail in the coffin to my “Bestower = stop gap” theory, but Atlas and Aeson (and possibly Rhea and Cronus) surviving would also serve as an example that the Bearer could potentially survive having the Essence extracted from them! Perhaps during the climax? :thinking:

Regardless, we would also do well to try and figure out if Cronus can even take 100% of a being’s Essence, or if it’s more like 99.9999%.

It seems to me that taking a being’s Essence, especially a being whose existence is sourced entirely through the Essence, taking 100% of their Essence would be akin to killing them. But say Cronus didn’t want to kill Rhea, so he tested on Atlas to see if there was a way to take almost all a being’s Essence but not kill them, and that’s why Atlas is still powerful but capable of being punished by the Olympians who probably have as much Essence in all of them as he does. Then, maybe Cronus took the majority of the Essence from Rhea (possibly even himself) and voila. It explains why the Olympians have such tiny amounts of Essence, and how Rhea survived, and potentially how Atlas survived.

And again, not to always bring it back to Aeson and the Bearer, but holy crap, once more it would more or less guarantee Aeson’s survival post-Transfer but still leave him with a tiny speck of Essence with which to survive, something that may end up happening to the Bearer…because of reasons??

consider this spit balled because my fingers are tired, lol

4 Likes

It does make more sense once you add more Titans to the big picture here. Butttttt facing those extremely pissed off Titans and the traitor god all at once could prove to be too much trouble for the gods themselves as it’s no doubt that if Cronus does have an army of controlled puppets, it would be up to the demi-god army to face them in open battle which surely will be a slaughter. There’s also no doubt that Cronus’ highest priority in that war if he fails to recruit the Bearer, he’ll come after the MC and Aeson themselves in an attempt to take their Essence (if Aeson will even have any after the Transfer but it’s possible). We also have to remember that one of the gods (can’t remember who) mentioned that such a war between Cronus and the Bearer has the potential to actually annihilate everything on Earth. We probably will end up witnessing some characters being pretty badly wounded or killed since it would be some Ragnarok-level scenario.

The next flashback should have a lot of dark humor.

3 Likes

What if the Bearer had a child in a past life and the child gave birth to a grandchild. Wouldn’t it be weird if we met the grandchild and said: ‘‘Hey, i’m your grandparent, nice to meet you fam’’.

12 Likes

Or the MC start to date grandchild without knowing.

10 Likes

Yeah, but they wouldn’t be related because the person they were in their past life doesn’t make them who they are now.

I also wonder if the bearer or the bestower would get the same knowledge and skills they had in their past lives. Let’s say that we have a flashback, and we were a french guy, would it be possible for us to speak french fluently? I mean, in our first flashback we got to know what was going inside the head of the former host of the essence. Wouldn’t the flashback give us an oppurtunity to know what was going inside of our past self’s head, their emotions, their childhood and their memories? In that case, then we would also know how to use french words and grammar because our former self used to go to school, learn french, speak french to their friends and family.

Or maybe if we were a brilliant mathematican in a past life, would we get to know their secrets and their mathematic strategies and brilliance if we ever experienced a flashback? In that case we would know our former self’s mathematic secrets and how they solved mathematic problems. Experience equals knowledge, and if we did experience our past self’s memories wouldn’t that mean that the information that they learned would be transfered to the current host?

6 Likes

If that was true, then we should be able to speak Greek and know battle tactics. We do get to experience whatever the past Bearers experienced during the flashback, like learning how the Trojan War really went down, but I don’t think we pick up new skills. Korrina/Leon was a master tactician, but that doesn’t transfer to the current Bearer (partially, I think, because we only experience specific moments in their lives). Maybe if the flashback had the past Bearer learning a skill, the present Bearer could learn it too?

8 Likes

who is Aeson’s mother?

Best bet would be Persephone but I really doubt it. The mother probably was just a random human woman that Hades just happened to bang one night.

His mother is a Grecian woman who died when he was 11. Persephone has raised him since, and he calls her Mom.

6 Likes