Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

If you want to :)) I’m still waiting for better signal before I log back in pottermore to take the Ilvermorny quiz

EDIT: Sophia is apparently a Pukwudgie if it’s Ilvermorny

[Apt since it represents the heart and she’s very much that]

Uhm. excuse me?
Are you perhaps my long lost sibling?
Ayy, my Ravenclaw fam :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Btw guys mugglenet has meanings for the patronuses if you want to check that out

Any thoughts on the Scooby gang though? I know Rohie answered this q ages ago but what do you guys think their houses/wands/patronuses would be

1 Like

How I initially sorted the gang:

Saint: Gryffindor
Calypso: Gryffindor
Adonis: Hufflepuff (with Slytherin tendencies)
Aeson: Gryffindor (also with Slytherin tendencies)
Sage: Gryffindor
Santiago: Slytherin
Avery: Hufflepuff
Psyche: Ravenclaw

My main MC Lethanavir is a Slytherin, but leans very strongly towards Ravenclaw. Horned Serpent for Ilvermorny. I haven’t taken the test in a while, but I believe his wand was ashwood with a dragon heartstring core, unyielding flexibility, 12 1/2", and his patronus was a wolf. Haven’t analyzed the wand or patronus in great detail quite yet, but the short snippets on pottermore were accurate enough. Might change them later on.

Has anyone sorted their MCs using the sortinghatchats method? Lethanavir would be a (petrified) Slytherin Primary with a Ravenclaw Secondary who often models a Slytherin Secondary.

6 Likes

Iro:
Hufflepuff
wand - redwood, unicorn hair core, 14½" , rigid flexibility
patronus - Osprey
Ilvemory - Puckwudgie

Nyx: (we all love that name :wink:)
Ravenclaw
wand - aspen wood, dragon heartstring core 12 ½", unbending
patronus - Pheasant
Ilvemory - Wampus

And since I forgot to introduce them earlier, here’s just a very short summary:

my bearers

Iro:
iro mini
Iro is emotional and impulsive. She is not the cleverest person (poor Athena failed with this one) but she is honest and kind. She values family and friends above all else. Her worst fear is being abandoned and alone so those years on the run were especially hard on her. She forgave Athena and Hades rather easily because she is very forgiving with people she love. She didn’t believe Saint at first but now she is very curious about him and wants to get to know him better at least.

Nyx:
(don’t have a picture yet)
Nyx is proud and ambitious person. Although she is very charming and sociable, she doesn’t trust easily and hates to be dependant on other people. It is also very hard to win back her trust if one loses it. That’s why even if she loved to see Athena and Hades again, she is a bit wary and a little hurt that she’d been lied to. She views the whole situation as a big opportunity and believes she has something to gain (power/allies/fame).

3 Likes

Another Nyx, and another member to the RavenClaw family.
Seriously, we could run a city with citizens named Nyx.
The Nyx apocalypse

4 Likes

When the Percy Jackson fan fiction crosses over with the Harry Potter fan fiction.

7 Likes

I agree with your sorting of he Scooby Gang, but I’m gonna need a loooong long time to analyze the woods to find their wands.

and re: sortinghatchats I love that method! I feel like it gets a much more complete picture, even for canon HP characters!

So Helena would be a Hufflepuff primary (I’m not gonna argue with Pottermore, lol) but with a STRONG Gryffindor secondary.

Vesper would be a slightly petrified Slytherin primary with a Ravenclaw secondary.

And Alexander, oddly enough, would be an almost fully Petrified Slytherin primary (like, 95% petrified, but he still has the capacity to not hate Saint if he learns about Zeus’ neglect of him) and with a charred to a crisp Hufflepuff secondary.

1 Like

Hmm, Kasia would probably be a Hufflepuff Primary + Ravenclaw Secondary.

Choosing the Primary was hard since she both possesses a solid moral system and a deep affinity for people. :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this link! Dolphin really does define Kasia so well.

Kasia’s a Pukwudgie too!

1 Like

Oh, same here! Its kind of a funny name though, Pukwudgie.:sweat_smile:

Guys, guys, guys! I only just saw!

The MC can quite possibly (maybe definitely) have flings with Aphrodite, Apollo, and Hermes.

Alexander’s gonna have a gatdang field day omg.

I may also have to make another MC who’s just a happy-go-lucky hedonist without all of Alex’s angst.
Considering the way I’m reacting, maybe I should just name them after myself… :thinking:

1 Like

Hermes and Aphrodite are newly confirmed. I remember the…debate that ensued when Apollo was announced :))

Though tbh the mental image of a god hanging outside the equivalent of a fantasy high school for the MC like

[Granted they’re forever good looking and young/young enough but still]

[All of them have their kids as potential RO’s for the MC so the squick is very real on my end]

6 Likes

On an emotional level, I agree with you.
But on an intellectual level, I remember that most of the ROs are my MC’s neices and nephews to begin with so…there’s kinda no way to win, is what I’m saying. :sweat_smile:

This is a giant, interwoven garbage family and I plan on being Queen of the Garbage People.

To be fair, Rohie said that none of them share DNA – unless you have the same mother – as the gods themselves don’t have it. Brother/Sister or Husband/Wife are loose terms to best describe their relationship but not exactly what it is

So the RO’s are safe. You’re not related to any of them.

Now on the other hand, as a parent-god, what are you doing ogling someone from your child’s peer group

[The only way this works is if the MC and said god had a relationship in a past life and this carries over. But then again the MC isn’t exactly their past self either so the question still stands on what those three were thinking]

7 Likes

True, true, but to me that’s part of what makes it so appealing.

The Olympians are such terrible people (garbage people, one might say), that one (or three) of them chasing after their kid’s classmate is so hilariously in-character that I just can’t help but find it entertaining.

Like watching a trainwreck.

2 Likes

For Alethea, she would not have flings. XD

She’s an old fashioned person. :joy:

10 Likes

Well she sounds just lovely!

So who’s the lucky person that is going to woo (or be wooed by) Alethea?

Most probably Aeson based from what I read so far. :thinking:

Wow.

I would never have thought to learn about the existence of such food abominations while also seeing many cross over from the world of Greek mythology to one of witchcraft and wizardry.

This always happens when I’m off the forums for a few days. :sweat_smile:

Still more interested in the Demigod ROs than their parents; can’t picture any of my Bearers looking for a fling with any of the gods. I am curious about Apollo’s past with one of the Bearer’s past lives, but that’s more to see how he reacts when he realizes that the person from his past is somewhat connected who the Bearer is in a sense. Still feels too odd to have a romantic encounter of any kind with the Gods as the current Bearer.

I wonder if I hold out hope enough, maybe Psyche will become a potential RO herself…probably not. But hey; I can dream. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In this case, let’s gives Ares some credit: he’s not interested in any way about bedding his Century Favorite’s classmate/friend/potential second love.

As if that’s not bad enough, the fact that it’s not actually common for them to take a interest in the Demigods of the Institute makes this very much come off as a case of these particular Gods simply acting on a casual whim of interest towards the Bearer (though what triggers the interest in general is anyone’s guess).

And then there’s the fact that it’s possible for their child to be possessing more genuine feelings toward the Bearer themselves by the time it’s possible to trigger said flings (though any Bearer who would even entertain the idea of a fling with the parent of the RO they’ve expressed some form of interest in should very much get what coming to them).

3 Likes