Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Odd, I’ve only ever seen one whole anime in my entire life. :thinking:

That, and all the other animes that I’ve seen bits and pieces of haven’t had the joke I described (as far as I know).

I think it’s just one of those jokes that happens a little bit everywhere but for whatever reason always gets attributed to a single um…genre(?).

Like the joke that teen dramas always have 30 years olds playing the teenagers when really, it happens all over the place in media, not just teen dramas.

Anyway, let’s get back on topic because I had a horrifying thought earlier and I need people’s input.

If Saint looks exactly like the MC (face wise, of course), would any of the ROs just look at Saint and be like, “Oh no…oh good gods he’s cute why did I just think thaaaaaaaaat nooooooooooooooo!”?

1 Like

Someone: If I can’t have the original (Mc)
I can settle for saint and just Pretend it’s the original and not some copy
Saint: hurtful, I’m right here…
Someone: shhh {MC}

4 Likes

Well. It’s more of the reverse if MC x Santi happens since according to the tumblr, Saint used to have a big crush on the guy

On more MC related questions: Hogwarts House/Wand/Patronus?

3 Likes

Great question!

Helena:

I know for sure she is Gryffindor because she truly does value bravery and doing the right thing at all cost–though she would still fit in nicely with Hufflepuff, Gryffindor is her true home.

Her wand would be a 10-in Ash with a unicorn hair core that is slightly yielding.

Her patronus would be a husky.

Alexander:

Slyyyyyyyyytherin.

His wand would be 15-in Ebony with a dragon heartstring core that is unyielding.

His patronus would be a black bear.

Vesper:

I’m actually having a lot of trouble trying to sort her. I’m stuck between Slytherin and Ravenclaw. Any thoughts?

Her wand would be a 14 and 1/2-in Hawthorne with a phoenix feather core that is surprisingly swishy.

Her patronus would be a nebelung cat.

1 Like

Just me…trying to ‘better’ the world.

GUESS WHO JUST MADE POTTERMORE ACCOUNTS TO SPECIFICALLY ANSWER THE HARRY POTTER QUESTIONS??

Yo.

Okay, so here’s what Pottermore says would be the House/Wand/Patronus for Helena, Vesper, and Alex.

Helena:
Hufflepuff.
Maple wood with a dragon heartstring core, 11 ½" and solid flexibility
Nebelung cat.

Vesper:
Slytherin.
Fir wood with a unicorn hair core, 14" and supple flexibility
Black Stallion.

Alexander:
Slyyyyyyyyyyyytherin.
Fir wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13" and reasonably supple flexibility
Goshawk.

Summary

Helena being sorted into Hufflepuff wasn’t that much of a surprise. Honestly, I was caught between either that or Gryffindor.
I was honestly surprised at the results for her wand and patronus (I had originally pegged Vesper with the nebelung cat!), but they do seem fitting if you think about it.

I had already been caught between sorting Vesper into Slytherin or Ravenclaw, so I’m not too surprised.
I was however, surprised at her wand core and its size, like damn. She even outdid Alexander “Hey Look At ME” Angelis, impressive. And her patronus also makes sense.

Alex, Alex, Alex…I was not even surprised at him getting sorted into Slytherin. He’s the most Slythering Slytherin to ever Slytherin.
His wand wasn’t all that surprising, except it’s not as long as I expected nor did I expect it to be so flexible! And his patronus…it’s so damn fitting.

6 Likes

I’m doing that now so here are the results for Sophia!

Wand: Pear, Phoenix core, 12.5", slightly yielding flexibility

On the Details/Meaning of This

Pear: This golden-toned wood produces wands of splendid magical powers, which give of their best in the hands of the warm-hearted, the generous and the wise. Possessors of pear wands are, in my experience, usually popular and well-respected. I do not know of a single instance where a pear wand has been discovered in the possession of a Dark witch or wizard. Pear wands are among the most resilient, and I have often observed that they may still present a remarkable appearance of newness, even after many years of hard use.

Phoenix: This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

House: Hufflepuff

Patronus: Fire-Dwelling Salamander

Symbolism as Per Mugglenet on the Patronus

Fire-Dwelling Salamander – This small, fire-dwelling lizard is born out of flames and lives as long as the flames that spawned it, though it can survive outside them for up to six hours if fed properly. This Patronus represents a person that was born and/or has lived under pressing circumstances but overcomes every obstacle, getting stronger each day. People with this Patronus love challenges and are good at handling stress.

Overall: I feel this is very accurate and I could go into a very long post as to why but I don’t want to bore you guys with my rambling

6 Likes

For Veronica, she’s a Hufflepuff and her wand is 11 inches, english oak wood, with a dragon heartstring core and surprisingly swishy flexibility. Her patronus is a weasel.

Also, for my fellow Aeson lovers, can I just…leave this song here.

2 Likes

SO MANY HUFFLEPUFFS I AM GLAD

My go to Aeson song though is Rewrite the Stars (especially in my headcanon that if Sophia ends up with him, she’d be very hesitant to enter a romantic relationship with him)

1 Like

Ooo, that’s a really good song. I think I might have a new song to put on loop for a while lol.

Also:
58 PM

16 Likes

Figure I might as well give it a shot… I’ve posted plenty enough this week, but I guess this can’t hurt.
Hufflepuff (definitely has some Ravenclaw in him and a bit of a Slytherin streak)
English Oak, Phoenix Feather, 13", Supple
Otter (apparently… Not too sure about the quiz I took, but I’ll roll with it)

So far there seems to be a lot of Hufflepuff MC’s and a few Slytherin ones :)) I wonder if we’ll see a Gryff or a Ravenclaw one soon

Also the wands part! Very excited to see whatever else everyone gets – like it’s one of those things that say a lot about the MC they’re playing

1 Like

I’ll join the HP party!

My MC Nyx got sorted into RavenClaw. Seems like i’m one of a kind.
Her wand is: ash wood with a unicorn hair core, 11 ¾" and hard flexibility. (Yikes, sorry my unicorn friends)
And her patronus is a fox, I mean, her wit stats is pretty high so I guess it’s pretty accurate.

1 Like

Quick q: what memory would your MC use to produce a patronus? I think Sophia’s would be when she and her “parents” (Athena and Hades) were together as a family, or finding out about having a bro and having a positive relationship based on mutual respect and affection

I know I haven’t said much of my Bearer. XD Her name is Alethea.

• Hogwart house is Ravenclaw.
  • Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird.
  • Her wand is Hornbeam wood with a phoenix feather core, 12 ½" and supple flexibility
  • Patronus is Black and White Cat!

Her memory would probably the same as yours @squarelyblue . Her time with Aunt Alice and Uncle Henry.

3 Likes

That’s one I have yet to consider – Ilvermorny, I mean – but oh man considering your MC has hornbeam as a wood, what would that singular focus be?

gasp!
I’m a Ravenclaw and my patronus is a fox!
I think Nyx is my favorite Bearer now, lol!

1 Like

Probably before she was taken to Olympus why she was suddenly left alone and why she was being hunted. :thinking:

After that a way to survive the trials.

1 Like

Let’s see.

Helena’s positive memory would be pretty much the same, just one of the many memories she has of being a “family” with Aunt Alice and Uncle Henry. Even after finding out their true identities and how complicated things truly are, she would still love them fiercely.

Vesper’s would be…the first time her music teacher asked if he could listen to one of her original songs. Much as she loved Aunt Alice and Uncle Henry…their relationship is now complicated and strange, so by comparison her musical memory is untainted and pure. She was just so happy that someone, anyone, wanted to hear her songs…

Alexander’s, surprisingly, would be the first time he did a backflip. He wasn’t even ten, and Aunt Alice had been fretting, saying his muscles weren’t developed enough, it would be too risky, “Do cartwheels if you really want to tumble around,” and he’d been so determined that when he finally did, he felt like he could conquer the world.

2 Likes

Okay, so I’m not a Harry Potter fan (tbh I never got into it but I know a bit) but for the sake of categorization I checked out what Kasia would be.

I took the quizzes multiple times lol

Her results:

House: It was a toss-up between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff (more times the results were on the Ravenclaw side actually). However, personally I think basing on her in-game COTG decisions and what I read the houses represent - she seems more like a Hufflepuff.

Her analytical, clever side as of the moment is being overridden by the love that just gushes out of her after being alone for so long lol. Perhaps if in the future she could make intellectual decisions without having to contradict her eagerness to please, then Kasia could come into her own as a Ravenclaw.

Wand: Each time I took the test, I got different answers lol. But the one that I felt was most in line with who Kasia was had the results of: Chestnut wood with a phoenix feather core, 12 3/4" inches, with an unyielding flexibility.

Patronus: A dolphin. (lol Kasia was formerly Poseidon’s kid so this is interesting)

The quiz that produced this result was the only one where I didn’t doubt any of my answers lol.

The memory she used to summon the patronus was Sawyer. Technically the memory was a headcanon but a lot of my instinctive answers were the words Kaz relates to him.

Bb Sawyer ;;

@squarelyblue should I write down the Ilvermorny house too?

2 Likes