Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

To be fair, the Bearer is really only a child, acting in the heat of the moment. You get to choose how you feel after the fact, guilty, etc. As a young adult, you can make different decisions, develop character growth. If you surrendered then, the game would’ve been over.

3 Likes

@lokidemon007

Yeah, I don’t think Hestia is really the traitor, and I would go so far as to rule her out entirely. Because of her extreme dearth of stories, readers won’t have a clear picture of who she is outside of her occupation and probably virginity (it is possible that the importance of virginity to Hestia has been conflated with her Roman counterpart’s, we just don’t know), so for Hestia to make a narratively satisfying betrayal Rohie will have to build up her personality from the ground up so that readers don’t feel completely blindsided by what is essentially a stranger.

And considering that the game is…a third (?) of the way done and Hestia hasn’t made a second appearance, I’m going to very confidently say that she’s not going to have a large part in the game at all, juuuuuust like in mythology, lol. So, that smirk may very well stay as enigmatic as her irl figure.

Hercules makes an appearance??? Oh, god I hope Hera doesn’t drive him mad again so he’ll kill the MC. I mean, it’d be a ridiculously cool boast for the MC to be able to say that they beat Hercules, but still.

I just hope Herc is nice.

@Okami-Nora

I don’t think our ideas are mutually exclusive.

The way I see it, my MC’s desire for a family in the form of Zeus is a very human thing, in that it doesn’t seem like any of the gods express similar desires for father figures. Of course, their father was Cronus, but then again my MC’s father is still Zeus, so…

Either way, I think a Bearer who actively attempts to form a family with the gods would cause the gods to forcefully acknowledge their lack of a humanity the way you’re thinking.

Of course, it would be nice if any form of positive interaction on the part of a Bearer to a god makes them realize this as opposed to a strictly…familial intention, and I think Rohie’s already hinting at this with the MC’s talk with Aphrodite.

1 Like

Even as a child, i believe that my main character should be given a choice on how to react on such situation …well , he already made a choice on who was his girl friend , shouldn’t he be allow to show how much he value his girl friend ?

the game shouldn’t necessary be end if my character chose to save his girl friend, perhaps by saving his girl friend, my character lose a hand or an eye …thus making him weaker in the future, and my character can be forever think back whether it was worth it to lose a limb or an eye by saving his childhood girl friend , even if this girl friend leave him afterwards … i think it will be more intriguing for the character build-up … of course it all depends on our choice , personally i believe if the story was build up in such way, it can generate more interest and talking-point at first glance to attract the readers…

Let say that my character already lose a limb in the beginning, then in future he face another similar hostage situation … how will he react this time? ls he willing to sacrifice more ? How much a Demi-God willing to sacrifice for mere “mortal” … should a Children of the God willing to sacrifice more for mortal(s) as compare to his/her father ? These can all be sentimental talking point(s) for a children of the god right? :wink:

3 Likes

I’m personally looking forward to having more interaction with Zeus.

4 Likes

I didn’t see them as all that mutually exclusive either. Often times, some get uncomfortable around young children because of how genuine they can be, making certain people really reflect on something unpleasant about themselves that they normally would just brush aside. I can see a Bearer that’s earnestly reaching out to create a familial bond making some Gods uncomfortable because ‘why? Why are you looking at me like that? With such purity, such genuineness to connect when it’s…not possible. I’ve…lost the the ability truly connect…too long ago. It is the one thing I cannot offer you.’

I just prefer to have Evander unearth those realizations with some of the Twelve through (at most) a platonic manner if a positive or neutral relationship exists between them, like a soft rain gently falling on a person. If the bond with the particular god lean more toward the negative side or is a negative neutral (something I see inevitably happening with Zeus), his reflection to said God about their aspect of humanity will be more akin to the waves: calmly lapping at the feet until a spontaneous, powerful tidal wave suddenly crash into you with a unexpected force.

Well, I mean, our father’s Zeus…of course I’d pick the mortals over him right now.:laughing:

While I still feel a great deal conflicted about having only Zeus as a father now, I do want to see how often it will be possible to be willful toward him or flat out reject him when he tries to treat the Bearer (or Saint) as a possession who is at his beck and call. So I guess in a way I’m looking forward to the interactions?:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Okami-Nora

Here’s my main bearer. @darkwolf made the image for me.

3 Likes

He looks awesome. :smiley:

How does one make such a picture look that though? It’s a really interesting format.

1 Like

I don’t know how @darkwolf76 did it. What do you think Damon thinks of Zeus?

As for names for my female bearer, I’m torn between Nyx and Anastasia.

1 Like

Ooohhhh, character guessing! My favorite pastime! :smiley:

Just saying this now though, this Damon is your character; you know him better than I ever will be able to. All I can really do is guess from the information about him that’s available to me. Much like how there are things about Evander and my other Bearers that I haven’t shared yet (I swear, if you guys saw the amount of information their character sheets have right now…:sweat_smile:).

But if I’m going by those words in the picture…I’m not sure what your Damon would think of Zeus. The fact he believes he can’t escape his destiny could indicate that he’d feel resigned about certain matters. But he also went to Olympus searching for family, peace, and himself…and it’s hard for me to picture Zeus being able to offer any of that to him.

Family? The King of the Gods (as of now and who knows if it is even possible for him to change) doesn’t even know how to love someone in some healthy manner. And if Damon learns from Saint himself how much of a neglectful father Zeus is, that could drop his interest in wanting such a man in his life.

Peace? The Twelve are involving the Bearer in a war. And Zeus very likely expects a great deal from the Bearer and won’t be opposed to putting pressure on him.

Himself? The fact that Zeus views the Bearer in the same way he saw Pricilla (as his personal possessions), only makes me think that Zeus will likely disrespect Damon’s sense of self on a number of occasions (he’s already doing it by thinking of those connected to him as possessions).

Of course, these are just guesses; there still a lot about your Damon I don’t know about. What does he believe makes a group of people family? What was his childhood like? How did being on the run from the Seekers so long change him? What some key aspects of his personality? What are his personal values? There’s a good deal I don’t know about him, so all the stuff above is just basic guessing on my part.

As for you naming dilemma, how do you usually choose names? Do you choose a name for the way it sounds or do you choose it for its meaning?

@darkwolf76

Is it ok to ask how you made that piece on the Bearer?

1 Like

I used various photo editing apps , maybe four? I got the pics from internet.

Sure! What’s the face claim for your character, and can you give me some basic information about them?

2 Likes

@Okami-Nora

He has family in Athena and Hades. A way he finds peace is playing the piano. I like the idea of the name being so terrifying, that few dare speak it. So I usually go with Nyx.

1 Like

Oh, you’re willing to take a request? I’d like to make one then for Evander (if it’s ok with you).

I can give you some of his basic information…but I don’t know what it means to face claim’ something. Can you explain that? :sweat_smile:

@lokidemon007

But what makes someone a family (or a close friend) to your Damon? The amount of history they have together? The idea that they know him in ways that very few people really do? Something even he’s not sure he can put into words (he just knows who he considers his family)? What is it about the piano that gives him peace? Would he ever share the sense of peace he feels from the piano with someone he feels is close enough with or does he prefer to keep this peace a private sanctuary for himself?

And how does your female Bearer feel about having the name Nyx in this case? Does she know the kind of meaning that lingers in that name? Does she behave in a way that supports the deadliness most people would associate with the name Nyx or does she act in a way that causes people that know the name’s meaning to pause and go ‘you don’t act like how I would think someone with that name would’.

Also, how do you think your Damon will feel about having Zeus as a father from what you know about him?

Sorry if I’m bombarding you with these questions; I take character building really seriously. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t mind.

Damon is cautious in regards to Zeus. Willing to give him a small chance, but still sees Hades as more of a father, even though their time together was short. I really want the option to declare for Hades at the ceremony.

Hades and Athena are his family. He’s unsure about Saint. It’s also something of a feeling he can’t explain, how Damon defines family.

As for his piano playing giving him peace (I’m hoping we get a chance to play it again) it’s more of a private peace for him. He might play for Athena and/or Hades.

Nyx is considerably more ruthless than Damon. She plays the violin. Her faceclaim is Nina Dobrev. She’s not as defined as Damon at the moment. She might also be trained in magic, but I still like the idea of her as a fighter.

What do you think so far @Okami-Nora? That was a lot of fun! :grin:

2 Likes

It’s a particular actor or actress that you associate the likeness of your character to. It can be from a particular role they play or TV or film or the person just in general. I need a face claim for your person because I pull images from the of them from the web to make the picture. So if you cab find a particular actor or TV/movie character that looks close what your bearer looks like, let me know. If the eye color on the face claim is different then your character, I can change it for you.:blush:

1 Like

I’ll give you some comparison facts about Evander in trade for your notes on Damon.:grin:

As I stated before, Evander (and my other two Bearer that made up the Trio of Poseidon) all one particular trait in common: strong intuition. So strong that they tend to grasp certain matters quickly and often tend neutral in some way. So Evander will pick up quickly on how Zeus sees him in the beginning and that alone will make him not trust the God as he is right now. He won’t be hostile toward Zeus nor deceptive toward him, but he’ll quickly destroy any illusions the man ever had about Evander being his latest possession to claim and he’ll be perfectly honest to the God that he’ll never have a claim on him if he chooses to stay that way. Evander is too warm-hearted, too genuine, too…human to put up with Zeus for too long.

I guess I see their relationship potentially being similar to that of the Emperor and the Nightingale (at least, the version I read as a child). The Emperor was so enthralled by the Nightingale’s beautiful singing and liveliness, he captured the bird in a beautiful gilded cage and tried to claim it as his own. But the bird stopped singing and became miserable, even as the Emperor offered it finest gifts of his lands. It was only when the Emperor truly listened to the bird’s pleas for freedom and he had set it free that allowed the bird to be happy once more and it truly sang for the Emperor at the end.

Now whether Zeus will truly learn to listen and not treat the Nightingale as a possession or whether his Nightingale will die in its gilded cage without him ever once hearing its true song is something we’ll have to wait and see…

Evander loves both his Aunt Alice and Uncle Henry. Knowing he has a brother as genuine as Saint (and now that Saint is not as antagonistic toward the Bearer as he was in the previous version) makes him hopeful that the two will be able to create a sense of family with one another at some point during Evander’s stay on Olympus. Though Saint’s occasional thoughtlessness might irk him at times, he’s willing to be somewhat patient…but by the Twelve, he is going to teach Saint how (because Evander is a dancer himself and he is utterly flabbergasted by what Saint considers ‘dancing’ :laughing:).

Of course, it might be a while before he can say he loves Saint. He’ll admit to caring about the boy, but love is a powerful word that he feels should when it meant at its fullest. So when Evander says ‘I love you’ to someone, he means it with every fiber of his being, right to the core (he’ll only really state this after he’s gotten to know someone at their best and their worst).

Evander is a guitarist who enjoys playing for others to help lift their mood up. But he also enjoys playing some music privately when he’s in a contemplative mood.

I also hope that the Bearer’s experience with music comes up again. Love some intimate moment where someone close to the Bearer finds them playing a tune and something happens.

It’s fine to only have the basic of a character’s build; character building doesn’t happen over night any way. Heck, I’m still building on some of the aspects of my own Bearers to pass the time until the next update.:grin:

Heck yeah, it’s fun! I love hearing about other people’s characters and comparing notes with one another. :grinning:

I’d love to see a gathering of all our Bearer and find out who would get along and who we need to prevent from maiming each other :laughing:.

1 Like

You guys probably will have to keep my MC away from the gods at all costs aside from good old Uncle Henry and Aunt Alice, seeing how my MC would curb stomp Ares and Zeus without thinking twice about it. If he can see he’s being manipulated… Well let’s just say things will not end well for those that’s trying to manipulate him. He will deal with Cronus if he has to but he wants absolutely nothing to do with anyone on Olympus at all, he just generally wants to be left alone after being hunted down for years then suddenly finds out he had a half brother and his mom was still alive for a short while in his childhood. As Zeus being his father, my MC would straight up tell you that Zeus is no father of his, only Uncle Henry was the father figure he had in his life. As for romance options, he’s kinda interested in Calypso but he’s not going to make the first move since having a romantic relationship isn’t really one of his priorities. He can shred on the guitar and his biggest stat will have to be strength since I just find it amazing if you get it high enough, it says you’re basically strong enough to shake the ground when you walk so he’d definitely challenge Ares to a hand to hand fight and legitimately try to kill him.

Yeah… Pretty anti-social and full of hatred… And views his powers as nothing more than a curse and definitely doesn’t want to be immortal but he can see he has no choice.

3 Likes

@darkwolf76

Thanks for the explanation!

I guess the closest actor I can think of who look like Evander is the actor who plays Jon Snow (Kit Harington I believe) from Game of Thrones, and that’s more like how I think he’d look a few years later down the road (though Evander has melting chocolate hair and watery blue eyes). :sweat_smile:

As for basic info on him:

Evander Angelis: The latest reincarnation of the Bearer, this sweet tempered young man has been forced on the run by the Seekers after the disappearance of his Aunt Alice. Due to his gentle nature, many forget that behind Evander’s soft, watery blue eyes lies a sharp, perceptive mind nurtured by the Goddess of Wisdom herself.

2 Quotes that Apply to his nature:

Water is fluid, soft, and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft, and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is soft is strong.

Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

2 Likes

Huh… That’s some pretty great quotes. Now I’m gonna have to think of some quotes that would fit my MC.

Hi, everyone! I still haven’t finished the demo, but i was wondering if anyone could help me out. Sometimes, whenever i choose an option, a pop up box will appear with “XXXX error: bla bla” and then my screen freezes and i can’t continue with my game unless i start over. When i have to choose which person i’ll go with in the first trial, it happened with 2/3 of the options (i still haven’t checked the last one because, well, i am playing it all over again -.-’) and it’s kinda frustrating. Does anyone know anything about this or if it’s been reported already?

It’s already been reported but it’s not finished. Rohie is currently rewriting the story so we most likely will see some changes to the plot.

1 Like