Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Nah. He definitely won’t win any “father of the year” awards, but he could be an interesting character. Plus, he does protect the Bearer from the rest of Olympus, even if his reasons are questionable. But then again, I was never set on my Bearer having a particular father so…

3 Likes

@lokidemon007

No you are not the only one willing to give Zeus a chance!

One of my three MCs, Helena (the happy-go-lucky one who genuinely wants to be a hero of some sort because then at least all her suffering will have been worth it 'CAUSE IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO WOO!) would jump at the chance of having any semblance of a family even if it is Zeus ESPECIALLY 'CAUSE IT’S THE GOD OF THUNDER OMG DUH.

Really though, much as I may dislike him I find him utterly fascinating and want to explore the MCs relationship with Zeus…even if I heavily disagree with everything he has done. After all, when you first talk to him in the demo he seems surprised and vaguely horrified if you choose the “I’m willing if you are, daddy-o!” (paraphrasing), like…god I wanna see that through to the end. Does a hopelessly relentless MC change him in any way, for better or worse? Does he react with the same disinterest he’s given Saint? Does he become horrified at the thought of someone actually looking up to him? Does he strive to do better because oh god, this dumb kid thinks I’m great, I mean I am great but oh ME they want a hug WHY?? Are they disappointed because after all this time, after all he’s done someone is still trying to forgive him when he knows he never should be forgiven?

The possibilities are endless!!

And to turn this back to Tunapops…

@Okami-Nora

Thanks so much for that write-up, I think I get now why people like him. I personally find Zeus and Hades’ extreme natures to be fascinating but yeah, I can see why having a comparatively laid back and emotionally genuine father would attract people. Thanks for taking the time to give your opinion!

And yeah, I guess restricting flirt options by the Allure stat would drastically remove RP options. Consider my earlier suggestion rescinded…I do however still want a hilariously awkward “You’re the Mario to my Luigi” love confession option. The game just wouldn’t be complete without it, imo. :joy:

3 Likes

lol, man, such a level headed response really makes me feel weird about complaining how my MC’s father isn’t also her uncle. :upside_down_face:

I’m just hoping we get access to the other powers. I still want my undead army adorned in gold chains. Then it won’t be that much a loss, Poseidon and Hades are still family. I might just have to work a bit harder at building a relationship with Poseidon this way.

7 Likes

Oh that reminds me, anyone else amused by Zeus’s kids getting lightning powers when in the myths Zeus doesn’t have lightning powers?

Zeus’s lightning was forged for him, they’re magic items.

Then again I thought Hades kids ought to get stealth powers, because Hades is all ninja with his hat of invisibility.

“Athena made us stop playing hide n seek after it took Hades a week to find me. Did you really think it was luck that it took the Seekers three freaking years to get me to Olympus? Son, I don’t play hide n seek to lose!”

12 Likes

forged by three cyclops, if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

Usually cyclops work, yes.

Sometimes Hephaestus was credited as their maker.

An example of how Greeks thought magic was a Charles atlas superpower.

Kind of nicely reflected in this game by warrior MCs apparently being source enhanced too.

needs a charm path for Orpheus types though, but sadly the magic music angle doesn’t look like it’ll get much more reference in the game.

Hera and Zeus are siblings.
Aeson would still be an RO even if he were our brother.
Because appearently, incest ain’t a thing in Olympus.

But then again, the Gods don’t have DNA do they? If they did, then every demigod would be related to each other. Calypso would be our cousin, so would Adonis. So I assume that the demigods only get their DNA from ther human parent. So if Hades would be our father, but our mother is a complete different person from Aeson’s mother, he wouldn’t be considered as our brother right?

2 Likes

Actually, in the Children of the Goes universe, the original Six aren’t siblings by blood either; their creation had just made the humans describe them in that matter.

Also, the only possible way for two Demigods to be related to each other is if they had the same mortal parent. The Gods do not have a DNA, but they sort’ve mark their children with a small bit of their source as proof that the child is theirs. So due to the fact that Demigods only took the DNA side of their mortal parent, Aeson wasn’t related to the Hades Bearer due to the fact he had a completely different mortal mother.

2 Likes

Honestly, I was so hung up on having Hades as a father in the beginning because I fell in love with all the myths and tumblr headcannons about him. The worst thing he did was kidnap Persephone while Zeus and Poseidon have so many rapes on their record that it was an immediate nope. Also Hades in Disney’s Hercules was amazing okay I love him

But then Tuna Dad was so adorable in the game, I couldn’t be mean to him. Ever-- I tried! Having the first demo limit us to Poseidon made me want to only have Poseidon Bearers. I’d be happy to have him as dad even though my number 1 enemy is water. I really hope we get to have a relationship with him even if he isn’t our father.

Now Zeus… He’s a massive plonker, which makes him interesting. I don’t mind if we get limited to him but I’m gonna make things as difficult as possible for him in every playthrough. The fact that he’s not even willing to be more fatherly to us hits hard but at least he didn’t try to allure his way through it. Also, Hera is going to be annoying with her ploys… at least I can have more things to complain about to Saint to and relate to each other? I hope we get as many petty but subtle options that say “Gods, I hate you” as possible.

5 Likes

I’m hoping we can talk Hera into divorcing Zeus.

“Zeus has been emotionally abusing you for thousands of years. Kick the bum to the curb already, take some me time, or find a guy who won’t treat you like gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe. I don’t even like you and I know you deserve better than this.”

22 Likes

That would be funny to be the first Zeus kid Hera liked.

14 Likes

… I found my new goal.

7 Likes

to kill all the gods and become king of olympus :thinking:
i rule :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hephaestus continues laughing, crying as he does.

(That is, if the mythology you ascribe to says he’s the son of Zeus and Hera, and not the child Hera had as a literally single parent)

2 Likes

i vote for poseidon 70% of earth is water who rules earth now :grinning:

2 Likes

“Oh I forgot he existed” Hera
“Ouch” mc

7 Likes

Actually, in a good deal of versions of the myth, there is one child of Zeus that Hera took a liking to despite the fact he was born from one of Zeus’ affairs: Hermes.

So technically, the Bearer would be the second kid Hera liked in this case (if it’s even possible to get her to like you).

Oh, and since a couple of us were mentioning water:

I forgot to mention this when I wrote down reasons why I had a stronger liking to Poseidon as the Bearer’s father, but I also liked how he was connected to water due to the symbolism often linked to water. Many cultures tend to link water to life, rebirth, purity, reflection, and a number of other things that I personally felt was the best reflection about the nature of the Bearer (and something I felt Evander would be more strongly connected to for a number of reasons).

Nothing that Zeus (the King of the Gods and the Skies) is linked to really has that same symbolic ‘oomph’ that Poseidon would have as God of the Seas in regards to being the father of the Bearer.

7 Likes

First thanks for making me miss posiden more with that awesome remark. Second Hera and Hermes were close? May I ask what makes you say that?

2 Likes

I’m sorry? :sweat_smile:

In many versions that told of Hermes’ birth, the future Messager God had easily charmed all the Gods were currently part of the group when he was a young boy, including the usually hostile Hera with a abundance of playful charisma and engaging wit even at a young age.

In some versions of the myth of his first meeting with other Gods of Olympus, Hermes had taken down one of Apollo’s cows to make the first lyre and Apollo proceeded to chase after him in fury as the boy easily outpaced due to being naturally fast and laughing all the while. The chase actually went all the way to Olympus, and when the other Gods saw the the grown man Apollo struggling to catching little boy Hermès (who was younger than 5-years-old), they all quickly died of laughter sat the ridiculous sight and took a quick liking to the young god (yes, that included Hera). Apollo himself quickly forgave the young Hermes for taking down his cows when the little god gave Apollo the lyre in good-will and as a peace offering. The rest became history.

Even without counting all this, in the Children of the Gods universe, Saint flat out states that Hermes is liked by pretty much all the Gods due to knowing a great deal about them.

6 Likes