Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I think we know who is the winner. is time to close THE POLL!!!

1 Like

Demigods get source powers from their parent.

idk about closing it altogether…maybe just wait until it hits like 100 votes? Or like by the end of the weekend?

Either way, it’s really interesting to see that Uncledaddy just isn’t as well-regarded Tunapops, but at least he got a respectable amount of votes compared to SparkySparkyPopPop.

Ohhhhhhhhhh I completely forgot our MC is going to get lightning powers and that they haven’t even displayed such abilities yet.

Then yes, that would be rather advantageous to have access to yet another powerset.

The only other thing I imagined the blue pill to be was a divine suicide pill, which doesn’t make any sense…unless you’re supposed to shove it into someone else’s mouth.

I don’t know about that. in mythology demigods never got their parent power, I believe. they always got superior strength and other stuff.

I believe @Rohie said that you will get some kind of Source power from your Godly parent–like how Santi can heal people and Adonis influences your emotions.

Looking forward to electrocuting Sage!

3 Likes

that’s some minor stuff. we may be able to drag our feet on the ground and zap people with our awesome Static Electricity from Zeus.
images (2)

11 Likes

Wall of text ahead

(am a bit out of it since it’s an ungodly hour and I have a backpacking trip to the mountains in a few, so a rambling mess of where I try to verbalize my feels on this)

Agreed. But I’m not opposed (completely that is) of having a toxic relationship – or if you want to use the term abuse but am wary of using it until the whole picture is laid out – being there so long as you call a spade a spade, you know?

Like having a non-con/dub-con/whatever have you in fiction is not inherently bad but you have to be very careful with how you handle the issue. Does the narrative condemn or exonerate it? How does the author frame the issue? Who “speaks” in the cast for it? Does the victim have a voice here?

The bottomline is if it’s handled with respect to what it is then that’s fine. But the discomfort, at least regarding this one on my end, is definitely because we were introduced to Priscilla as someone definitely not into Zeus nor wanting to be pursued by him. Her disdain and unease is very palpable so the jump between that and the declaration that she does in fact “love” him is something I’m wary about right now

Like am fine if you have a relationship like Priscilla and Zeus as, just don’t call it love. For example, on Zeus’ end, if you love someone you don’t treat them as a toy or something to be owned (because people aren’t objects right)

So for that example, I’d call that obsessive/possessive desire. Definitely not love but the relationship exists and operates on those aspects and that’s actually fine. These are negative qualities in a relationship, definitely not the healthy at all, but that’s their relationship. One that we know is not meant to be romantic or at least described as being “in love” – one-sided or not

6 Likes

WE NEED TO MAKE THIS, PEOPLE! NOOOOOOOOOOOW
Cue to TV intro*

16 Likes

I don’t want my Bearer’s ability to be shy dorks effected by how high their Allure is. Let my unintentionally charismatic Bearer Evander be able to be adorkable with Calypso despite his high allure…and let him catch her occasionally off guard when he does instinctively pull out those smooth moves :grin:.

From a gameplay standpoint, I liked the fact that Poseidon’s children were originally more capable of being diverse in their stats due to him being the default father if the Bearer doesn’t kill Saxon.

From a story standpoint, I liked how much of a in between he was from Zeus and Hades. Saint had described the God of the Seas as someone who can at times be as loud as Zeus, but also something of a shadow like Hades and a lot of his behavior showed this. Though very much on the fence about the Bearer, he seemed to be the most genuine of the possible fathers and his awkwardness yet sincerity toward the Bearer that was his child felt endearing. I was also interested in seeing how this relatively neutral God dealt with being the father of the Bearer and how his indecision could cause some issues (also wanted to know what his idea of a Hero was since a high enough bond with him has the relationship stat say ‘he believes you can be a TRUE hero). Also, he was he father who ironically felt the most able to offer some semblance of a stable family bond.

The other reasons I have does stem more from the nature of my main Bearer Evander, and how Poseidon felt like the best fit for him as a father for the theme I was going for with the young Demigod. Evander see having Zeus as a father does change a few things with how he’ll approach his relationship his father this time around: with Poseidon, he saw the genuine nature of the God and was more than open to the idea of creating a connection with Poseidon (the God clearly had no idea how to be a father, but Evander has no idea how to be a son, so he felt that they were on even ground in the family situation). Evander’s too intuitive to ever believe that Zeus actually cares about him at this point, so he’d be far from trusting toward the King of the God and the possibility of Zeus behaving as though the Bearer is a personal possession to do his bidding will quickly provoke a much less agreeable reaction from Evander (he’s laid-back but FAR from compliant, especially toward people he barely knows and who are making unreasonable demands).

7 Likes

With Danny Trejo as Ares
Carlos Estévez as Dionysus
And Arnold schwarzenegger as Hercules.
Guest starring Angelina Jolie as hera.

5 Likes

My male bearer Damon, is ambivalent about Zeus as dad. Zeus has information that Damon wants.

This

And what the MC mother wrote on the journal.
“As I said, the god is strange, but he does have a pleasant aura to him. Zeus is bright by necessity, as a way to show his power. Poseidon is bright by nature; he can, and so he does. Simple”
“I dread the next time I have a vision involving him. His eyes are too forgiving, and I do not deserve to be forgiven.”

8 Likes

Am I the only one who is willing to give Zeus a cautious chance?

6 Likes

…yes! my friend.

2 Likes

mayyyybe…

Notice I am saying cautious!

We KoWn hahahah
joker (1)

1 Like

That’s good.

My Damon was willing to give him a chance, but then he blew it when he couldn’t even pretend to care about having a relationship.

‘Right, loved my mother. What’s my brother’s favorite color? Hobbies? Favorite food? Righty or lefty? Favorite class?’

Making Zeus the god of impotence and male pattern baldness might very well enter the to do list.

1 Like