Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Thank you so much you beautiful angel!

So in her latest tumblr post, Rohie mentions:

“I have my own idea’s of the next two flashbacks, but I’m open to suggestions! There are so many cool possibilities; King Arthur, Romeo & Juliet, etc.”

So folks, what myths, tales, or characters would you like to see?

5 Likes

Galatea and Pigmalion :star_struck: (idk just why or how…but yeah)

I think I’ve mentioned it a good deal of post before, but I would love to see the Bearer being Orion, one of the few male hunters that Artemis tends to bond with a good deal of versions of the myth. It would be a pretty perfect situation to have the Bearer being able to interact with both twins and forming some type of relationship with them during the process.

Other than that:

Too many other myths too count. :laughing:. The Bearer is certainly able to be in a number of interesting situations, and I can’t wait to see what lives they lived in the past (hoping for a variety of myths that extend beyond Greek mythology, but I certainly don’t mind going to familiar roots in anyway either).

And it will be interesting to see how the ROs react to things once it hits them that the person they currently have feelings for has lived many lives and (possibly) been loved by both Gods, Heroes, and everything in-between.

I am a wolf, fellow forum dweller. :grin::wolf:

White-wolf-o

8 Likes

I would love to do King Arthur and mordred/morgan le fey. Lots of dualism there.

3 Likes

I’m actually wondering about the cycle just before the current one. On the whimsical hand, this would have been the nineties. And all that that implies fashion-wise. On the morbid hand, I want to go visit my own grave and incognito meet my previous parents to ask about their child who died at like 19.

1 Like

… Hamlet… Arthur…

I like this one too. Plus it gives guys a better chance for that bow…

I really want that bow…

Oh yeah and back up plan for immortality :blush:

1 Like

King Arthur would be a good one. Beowulf would be nice as well!

As interesting as it sounds, King Arthur really doesn’t fit as well (assuming that we’re going by traditional mythology). I’m pretty sure he died older than 17/18, and it would require him dying by Mordred’s hand (who, as I understand it, was his illegitimate son, if not a child of incest). Any other sort of founding myth would be cool, though.

It would be cool to see some folktales from the book one thousand and one nights, my personal favorite would be Aladdin’s wonderful lamp kinda have the MC be Aladdin and the sorcerer be the bestower or switch them around , another folktale from the book that could also work would be The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor

Nominates the MC being part of the Mahabharata as someone important to either family like what happened in the first flashback

6 Likes

Oh my God that is exactly what I want.

I’d love to see MC as Draupadi to be honest.

That’d be interesting too :~) Honestly, I’m less interested in something like Romeo and Juliet that’s so overtly romanticized. But! I do like the idea of being smth like a cult influencer, or whatever, I’ve always been interested in that. Or someone important frm a period in literary history! Especially Postcolonialism.
I love, love the idea of there being a religious facet, though, so anything of the sort at all, TBH.

2 Likes

It would but then I guess we’d be Grendel only to be slain by Aeson’s Beowulf. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’d really like to explore tales from non-European civilizations. I’m not very interested in stories that have been popularized to saturation point, like Romeo and Juliet, and I’d rather explore different cultural and social settings that don’t have a very strong presence in mainstream Western media. Imo the Mahabharata is probably one of the most powerful epics in history which includes topics which are considered controversial even today.

1 Like

Maybe some Aztec or Inca myths?

You know how cruel and sanguine the Aztecs were right? I mean they had their own soccer league played with the skulls of their enemies.
Still I suppose we could be a native only to be killed by Aeson as a conquistador, how’s that for you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Or the MC as the Conquistador and Aeson the native?

Aeson seems to always hold the stronger position on the social ladder and in the wealth and power dynamics though. Likely the Bearer is always cursed to have to “grin and bear it” and be the “underdog”.

6 Likes

What happened between the Aztecs and the Spanish was horrible–I’d rather that not be a flashback lmao. I feel like by making MC and Aeson either a native or conquistador would be romantizing what happened there…
I mean, as a player that would make me, personally, uncomfortable. I don’t want a Pocahontas situation but with the Aztecs.

10 Likes