Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

What a good post this is (someone also asked me to write for cotg/vonlunteered but I forgot which one this was)

1 Like

@gia this is adorable. thank you for your effort :two_hearts:

1 Like

U KNOW I OVE U BBY :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

This was very cute! This is actually right up my alley. (Now everyone knows which SO I like the most if I haven’t announced it already lol)

Since I’m playing as a girl and I’m East Asian I appreciate the imagery with Aeson as the sun and the Bearer as the moon. They’re soul mates and I thought of yin and yang. Yin represents the moon and the female aspect. Yang represents the sun and the male aspect. (There’s more of course but you could look it up.)

7 Likes

breathes deeply clutching my heart

5 Likes

Ya’ll. The Santi asks thar Rohie did :((

1 Like

After w̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶d̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶M̶a̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶m̶e̶s̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶p̶l̶i̶z̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ reading the whole tumblr page…I never thought I would say this when his character was first mentioned/presented, but Santiago is pretty much me. Even the random little details. (ಠ_ಠ)

3 Likes

You’re all so cute, lmfao. Thank you :heavy_heart_exclamation::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::heartpulse:

2 Likes

Santiago De Vera, son of Apollo.

All credit for this beautiful piece goes to the wonderful badaymo :~) A link to the post on tumblr.

6 Likes

I wonder, when you have the full power of the essence, would you be able to make yourself (and aeson) a soul like everyone else’s? Or would that be a cop-out (or just not something it can do)? Cause I think that would be the first thing i would try in the bearer’s shoes.

I always thought you would rot (your body, internally) because the Essence is too powerful to take in in a human/mortal body.

1 Like

That’s essentially what Zeus says, right? Without the gift of immortality, you’re pretty much screwed.

1 Like

So you kind of need it if you wanna keep living, lmao. :sweat_smile:
That’s kind of a d***head move? Because they make the Bearer choose between making a deal into taking part in the Trials, or they either die lol. AND they could die during the Trials too.

(I feel like this has already been discussed.)

Probably. We’re almost at the 12,000 mark here, and there’s been plenty of (repetitive) discussion.

As for the rest… They’re the gods. It’s been almost 2,000 years since Christ was crucified and they don’t really seem to have changed much outside of taste in music and fashion sense, to say nothing of their response when the Bearer appears.

3 Likes

Not to mention that if the Bearer demands the Gods make them an offer to participate in the Trials, Zeus offers immortality… then the Bearer learns that’s the prize for winning the Trials anyway.

7 Likes

Well, to be fair, that bit about gaining immortality as a prize was there before the big update. But, if it stays, my MC would feel he got a bit of a raw deal.

4 Likes

For any of the Persephone fans here

2 Likes

If anyone knows the answer to this:

“In order to get Zeus as a father, you must kill the Seeker (Saxon) on the rooftop in Ohio, and have allure as your highest stat.”

I know you can increase your allure stat by 2% or so when you take some extra time to look your best on your first day of school, but does anyone know how to up your allure stat before you get dragged to Olympus? TIA

I honestly despise the whole kidnapping affair, yet somehow my favorite Greek mythology headcanon has become Hades/Persephone, but my modified, improved version.

I’m all for Persephone following Hades to the Underworld out of her own volition (maybe she wanted to escape Demeter and discover herself and make her own choices, and the Underworld was the only place Demeter would not search?). I’ve read stories where Hades kidnaps her and then she falls in love, but the Stockholm syndrome connotations make me feel a bit ill. I prefer a free-willed, fiery Persephone who chooses her own Path and a strict, seemingly severe yet gentle, kind-hearted Hades who names his puppy ‘Spots’.

@Rohie’s interpretation is very real, and while we all disapprove of Hades tricking Persephone into eating the pomegranate seeds and essentially making the choice for her because “she was too scared to face Demeter”, I think it is a masterful portrayal of his character. It shows how he turns his loneliness and desperation and yearning inwards until it becomes less love and more selfishness. Yet he (probably) also knows that if Persephone wishes she can reverse it through the pantheon. He has a distorted view of boundaries, but he still has them, and I’m really curious to see the depth of this internal conflict.

I really do miss the chance of having Hades as my dad.

4 Likes

Ways for Allure to rise up (During Childhood)

• Be a cheerleader

• Choose guitar/violin

• Give Bully kid a taste of his own medicine

Also, you can put it up by choosing that you charmed the Chimera with singing and choosing option of your heart pounding stronger during the stay in the hospital.

That said, that information might be a bit dated at the moment; there’s a good chance the @Rohie may have changed some of the original requirements that effects what father the Bearer ends up with (also, the current demo build has the Bearer’s father always being Zeus anyway).

4 Likes