Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I think you may be judging Priscilla a bit too hard. We don’t know a lot about her situation but we do know she was essentially a prisoner. We also know, as most prisoners tend to, she absolutely hated it. I for one can’t imagine been forced to stay in a place full of powerful gods that use me for whatever goals they wish to achieve. As the years go by that must be maddening.

We can only read two journal entries but hopefully the third one will shed further light on her situation. But I can’t bring myself to fault a victim to do everything in her power to escape. I may disagree with her methods that’s fair but desperate people tend to do desperate things. I have a feeling Priscilla may have been desperate for quite awhile.

If anything it just makes me dislike Zeus even more. Really can’t stand the guy.

16 Likes

With regards to the height, a tall male MC is the same height as the tallest male demigods, Santiago and Aeson. The other stuff is your own perception.

5 Likes

To be fair she might have only done so realizing it was her best bet to get off Olympus

Except the prophecy doesn’t specify that the MC be the child of Zeus, so yes choosing Zeus was her choice, as evidenced by the fact that the game will have non Zeus choices for father.

And if there is a prophecy requiring Saint’s particular parentage nobody knows about it.

As for force being a factor, the whole point of having the kid be the child of one of the Trinity was to manipulate the bearer into feeling loyalty to Olympus. Be loyal to me because I raped your mother goes well into too stupid to live territory.

So that leaves Priscilla choosing to father children with an emotionally abusive narcissist.

So I repeat, my character lost respect for her he found out his mother let herself become another notch on Zeus’s bedpost.

4 Likes

I have this weird feeling that Priscilla’s been lying lied about something

1 Like

The gods seem to imply she did something awful, don’t they? At least that’s the impression I got. I can’t really fathom what tho. Maybe she lied about the prophecy somehow or tried to manipulate them?? Idk it seems like something she could do.

Maybe she gave them a false line or two on the prophecy… Hmmmm… That would be pretty terrible…

6 Likes

One thing that springs to mind is keeping prophecies to herself.

Knowledge is power after all.

Perhaps Olympus is dancing to her tune even now.

4 Likes

As they said, cunning…

Considering the whole universe’s fate depend on it, pretty terrible is putting it mildly.

That’s actually something I’ve always wondered. How do the Gods know they can trust whatever comes out of Priscilla’s mouth. Even if she wasn’t openly hostile towards them, it still seems like a lot of trust to put on someone. Is there any way to tell if she’s lying? Can she even lie?

She gave the impression she didn’t really care about what happened as long as she was free but maybe she’s playing a long game. It would be pretty funny if by the end we figure out it was our own mother who screwed us over :smile:

8 Likes

Persephone had a higher body count than Hades ever did

2 Likes

Just wondering but has the requirements for getting a certain god as you dad changed

It’s easy to search that answer, but yes. Currently, you can only get Zeus as your father. In future updates, only Poseidon and Zeus will be options. Hades is no longer a father option.

1 Like

Yes, which is why requiring the willingness to murder to get Hades never made sense to me. It’s like requiring a fear of water to be Poseidon’s kid, or being asexual to be Zeus’s kid.

Then again if I had my druthers the game would make it Priscilla’s choice shown in a flashback or journal entry rather than just assume that the kid must take after their divine parent.

Sure, kids usually take after their parents, but not always, especially since the MC was raised by Athena and Hades (partially).

4 Likes

Well, to be fair Hades is the God of the Underworld.

I do agree that kids don’t have to take after their parents but this is a game and the possibility of having Zeus or Poseidon as your father adds replayability. I think that’s worth losing a bit of realism.

3 Likes

He rules over the dead though, he isn’t the personification of death itself.

But no @stsword I REALLY like the idea of seeing Priscilla’s personality and taking after her

I don’t think the idea was ever that you completely take after your godly parent. It was based more on personality traits shown by children of the various gods, in lore. Poseidon was never really big on violence, in general, which is why he usually stayed under the sea (unless I’m really forgetting my lore). Hades never cared one way or the other, because for him, death comes for all and isn’t exactly permanent (also, fun fact, the Underworld isn’t “Hell” – the Underworld has places for particularly good people, which could be described as heavenly, and places for bad people, as well as places for those who couldn’t pay the toll for River Styx. Underworld = Hell Olympus = Heaven was some BS built up by Christianity when they were trying to kill off pagan religions). Zeus has always had a bit of a temper, so obviously, he’d like death.

At least, that’s pretty much how I’ve always viewed it.

3 Likes

God of storms, got blamed for all the typhoons, earthquakes and storms, associated with destruction, almost sunk Jason, is as horny as Zeus…

6 Likes

As mentioned in the game itself, Poseidon is the god of earthquakes. He’s got a body count that puts epidemics to shame.

Whereas Hades, god of the underworld, is just known for minding his own business and lurking invisibly.

So if a child of Hades takes after him, it would not be as a killer, but as a master of hide and seek. Hades is the god that is sneakier than Hermes the god of thieves.

But even if the MC took after Hades in the sneakiness department, the MC was raised by Hades for 6 years.

Or if the MC is studious, so what? The MC was raised by freaking Athena, the idea that she’d put up with academic slacking boggles the mind.

Or that matter, the MC is a perpetual reincarnate, why believe they are a tabala rasa at birth when their soul has billions of years experience under its belt?

4 Likes