Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Surprise and shock are synonyms.

So a discussion as to which applies would be a tad silly.

In a sense, they are, but they do have different connotations. Surprised is generally positive, whilst shocked is generally negative. They mean similar things, but they are not exact synonyms.

A discussion on word choice / whether the vibe fits seems fitting to me.

3 Likes

For the Stoic bug, have you tried removing *temp stoic false, at the very beginning of the coding? This might be the reason that the bug comes up. Though I’m not 100% sure, I’d have to add in all the new coding and do a test playthrough myself to see.

1 Like

Picked the second option (this could be a great head start for me")

Hey Rohie, I want to correct my earlier statement. After taking a further look at the coding (I’d just glanced at it for a moment when posting my other comment), rather than deleting the *temp stoic false, the fix would be scrolling further down to lines: 1933 and 1973, and rather than having it just be *if (stoic), change it to *if ((stoic = “true”)), like how you have with ((charming = “true”) or (pragmatic =“true”)) on the lines of coding below.

Hopefully, this is a better fix overall. Sorry for my blunder above.

5 Likes

This is coming out of your paycheck! :laughing:

3 Likes

T.T not meh monies. I needs the monies to feed my gaming addiction. :sob:

2 Likes

Where would I be without you?!

9 Likes

I just hope that my fix above is better than just deleting the line of coding! (crosses fingers that it works, since I haven’t had time to test it myself)

2 Likes

Probably in the same place, but learning more from trial and error?

I cannot wait for more story! :heart:

2 Likes

Sorry about my flooding of posts, but I wanted to add another bugish error I found (no were near as game breaking as the one above on any scale at all) but on line 2340 (in part 3), {name.} should be {name}. (the period was accidentally put into the code, causing it to not work as intended).

Anyways, I think that’s all I have for now. Time to playthrough the game some more. :thinking:

5 Likes

For this one, within the coding it’s coded as, “*endofceremony”, I think to fix this you’ll need to add, “*goto endofceremony

Hope this helps!

Edit;
Lines: 1942, 1963, 1986 and 2009 are all coded as “”*endofceremony" just to be noted. If this isn’t what needs to be fixed, I apologize. (this is just my assumption by looking at the code)

4 Likes

@Rohie

Will there be more flashbacks to past lives?

5 Likes

Yes, one per part, so two more before the end of the game, each giving a little hint to the main mystery/plot.

17 Likes

@Rohie

Have you decided which periods in history those flashbacks will be in?

1 Like

Question has the inspirational speech bug been fixed ?

The first time I introduced the flashbacks, I had a guessing game. Will probably drop hints!

Yup!

7 Likes

I hope it’s better than just dropping the Louvre into the chat and trying to have us all figure it out. I enjoy puzzles, but that was just cruel.

1 Like

I… don’t know if I just missed something further up in the thread, but holy jalapenos!!! Did the conditions for which god was your father change or something? Usually, I can’t avoid getting Poseidon! I mean, I thought their interaction was cute and all, awkward cute, but woah! Ok! Um!!!
[ * Clearly too flustered to be of any use for conversation. ]