Children of Iseir: The Flames of Rebellion

I love it a lot. For some reason this game reminds me of the game alter ego. Not the story but how it’s written when a choice effects character stats.

@choiceofkylen
Thank you for checking out my game, I’m glad you’ve like what I have so far. There’s definitely more to come so check back often.
@Victoriya
Awesome! I loved that old dos game. Anyway, thank you for the comment. Time to burn more of the midnight oil…just have to get this intro done (:expressionless:

Rob im not sure if this is supposed to happen: Fix strengths questions 2 strengths only 1 weakness Redefine strength variables Change strength allotments Write Introduction Rewrite some choices (Danir interaction) Write Name Summary Set up Stat Page(s)

:slight_smile: thanks for the heads up alexxo97. Those are my notes on what I need to work on.

I will have a new version of the game up on the website shortly. Unfortunately I didn’t get very far with the story. I did get half of the first draft on the intro done, the weakness section of the custom name selection is finished and the personal stat screen is working. Revisions to the some of the story have been completed. Minor grammatical errors and typos corrected. Still quite a few changes to make. But you are welcome to check out the next version, and as always comments and suggestions are encouraged. Thanks!

I have to say that I’m looking forward to the completion of this game more so than any other. I love it already! Maybe because of the character detail, and also the fact that I’ll be able to play through childhood and get a chance to fully develop my character step by step. Not many CoG have that option, I understand that it probably makes creating the game more harder and takes longer,but I appreciate that your gona take the time to do all this. Awesome game! Keep up the good work. Oh & also love how the stat screen is, sooo detailed… Haha

Thank you for your comment huhwhat check back often for an updated version of children of iseir.

i really enjoyed playing this game can’t wait for the next part.
when will the next part be out ?

Where’s the updated version? Is it the top link?

@xPoisonThornx
I’m glad to hear you’ve enjoyed the game so far. I’m hard at work with some of the basic coding and fleshing out the stat screens. So unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to continue writing the story. I’m hoping once I get some of these systems in place I can start making good progress with the writing.
@Epicazeroth
It should be the only link on the page. The updated version is still very much incomplete.

I will probably wait to post another update until I have a bit more of the story down, still messing around with coding, it’s a lot of trial and error at this point, considering I have very little experience with Choicescript.

Quite story/lore question what what goverment like this player culture pre and post conquest?

The naming gimmick is kind of silly, personally. I would recommend separating names and stat customization entirely, but I suppose I can do that anyway.

@rogar
Forgive me I’m not quite sure what your question is. The story primarily takes place after the Voltnar (player’s civ) is conquered by the Altim. I hope that clarifies it a bit for you, I know that it is still a little unclear as the intro is only half complete.
@Ramidel
Ok, I can respect that. Rest assured though that there is still plenty of stat customization to come. As I mentioned in an earlier post I intend to allow the player to guide their characters through infancy, to childhood, adolescence and onward. Your character’s young years are the most impressionable so many of your early choice will result in rather dramatic changes in your character.

@Rob I love the idea of been able to play thought childhood/adolescence and onward i can’t wait :smiley: !

Tell me about pre conquest and post conquest Voltnar society from goverment to people faith. If could my good sir.

@xPoisonThornx
I’m glad to hear you’re looking forward to the game. Keep an eye on this thread for the next update, hopefully I’ll something a bit more substantial for you guys to play through, and thanks for your support! You guys really keep me motivated to keep plugging along, especially when I break the same section of code for the umpteenth time :-))
@Rogar
Valtnar society pre-conquest existed as a fairly peaceable collection of family clans. Each clan ruled over a smaller section of the land they called Iseir. A High King would be elected by the chieftains of each clan upon the death of the previous High King. Although the Valtnar kingdom exists in a rather peaceable state they prize martial ability above all else and many disagreements can be resolved through personal combat, High King’s may even be deposed off in this manner. Small squabbles still exist between the clans resulting in some minor bloodshed but after the conflict you can often find the warriors on opposing sides sharing a mug of redroot liquor together. Pre-conquest the Valtnar worshiped an entire pantheon of gods, the key of which is the father of the gods and the patron of the Valtnar Tryrem. The gods are said to reside at the top of Mount Avar, or Tryrem’s Tower, the highest peak on the continent of Elria. After the Altim invasion worship of the Valtnar gods is outlawed. The clergy of the Valnar known as Divine Shepherds were required to take an oath renouncing their gods and proclaiming the Altim gods and Altim Emperor as the only true divines. Many Divine Shepherds, or informally Keepers, denied and were summarily put to death. The ones that did still secretly conduct traditional Valtnar religious ceremonies. The clan chieftains and many of their closest relatives were put to death or went into hiding after the invasion. Local Altim lords with contingents of Altim soldiers were stationed in many of the larger settlements and conduct their particular province rather autonomously. They do report to and send taxes, and conscripts to the governor in Seafoam Rock. The Altim have been colonizing Iseir, but because of wars at home this is not going as quickly as they would have liked, because of these wars they are also conscripting young Valtnar warriors to fight for them. Whew…ok I know that was probably a little more than you were asking for, but I hope that answers your question. Thanks for taking an interest in the game.

Even with elected ruler, they show type test ritual, to prove to god there worth of throne. The king rome before took the throne had with eagle to show he has gods blessing, if not he loses all right to kingship. Holy Roman Emperor need to be crown by the pope.

When high King chosen does have to climb mount Avar, Medite and fight tought beast on top mountain to show he has full bless of god?

So far the sheer amount of character customization is quite appealing. The little touches with the siblings are quite nice, but the brother just seems like a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. My main complaint is that the writing dumps a lot of exposition on you in a short time, perhaps it could be spread out a bit more?

I really enjoyed the current version of the game. Having alot of choices to what you look like makes it pretty enjoyable and the “relationships” bar is something for us to look after too.

Can’t wait for the next release :slight_smile:

@13ventrm
I tend to agree with you about the amount of info coming at you in such a short time. It will be something that I look closer at and try to find a bit of a middle ground. The story naturally steals bits and pieces from existing fantasy and fiction, I think some concepts do need a bit of elaboration for the reader to get up to speed. But then again maybe I am not giving enough credit where credit is due. Suffice it to say I will definitely be looking into spreading the info dump out a bit. Thank you 13ventrm for your comments, they are much appreciated. And on the matter of Danir, well you’re right he is a bit of a jerk, but as you will come to learn he has his reasons, and you as the player may get the chance to give him cause to change.

@rogar
You make a good point. Perhaps the High King will need to foster some sort of relationship with the Divine Shepherds to stay in power. I will have to think on it. But as far as climbing Mount Avar, that I will save for a different story :wink:

@TwitchPhD
Glad to hear it Doc, keep an eye on this thread for the next release. Thanks for checking out the game.