Beast High: Origins (very young WIP)

Are humans aware of magic in this universe?

When magic and a human are in the same space does anything special happen? Sponging, rejecting, nothing?

1 Like

I CAN BE A DRAGON!? 8D
aw yesssss

1 Like

@The_Chosen_Plump Anubis would be extremely evil and talk about the souls of the underworld, and Hercules would be showing off yo his studnents and telling them how strong he is. These are the reasons why they don’t teach anything at the school. Cyclops are used as bodyguards at the council, along with elves and Minotours so I have thought about it. Thank you for the suggestion by the way.

@Adam_VanCleave_Perro some humans are aware that magic does exist either because they have seen it happen for themselves, or use it themselves.
If a human cane close to magic I think it would depend on what sort of spell it is. For instance, ice spells will make you feel cold so if a human suddenly got cold on a really sunny day it would just be suspicious. But some humans can react to magic since they have small traces of monster D.N.A in their blood stream, so it just depends.

1 Like

This wip sounds interrsting I can’t wait for the demo, as a side note will there be a lovecraftian inspired monster like cthulhu or the king in yellow etc.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t follow :sweat_smile:? If you mean monster romance yes, there are six Ludios, Slick, Jaime, Alice,Voilet and Shaun(a) which you can find out more about on post 106 in the thread link above :smile:.

1 Like

:joy: I think @jonnyboy666 was referring to the monsters H.P Lovecraft wrote. He had a lot. Oh man… That made my morning. Lovecrafting would be a good word for the writing of ROs though. :laughing:

3 Likes

XD yeah I did mean the monsters from H.P Lovecraft but I am glad about the RO’s… Now all I can think about I can think about is romancing cthulhu… Lovecraftian Love Craft

2 Likes

Oh OK, sorry I didn’t think of Lovecraft earlier my mistake :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

i would be great at writing stories but i just start to become lazy when i try to write and then start dragging things out so all i can really do is give suggestions or give my opinion and the concept of coding is completely lost to me

1 Like

Just so you know, I value everyone’s opinions and consider wether to use it in my story or not since I feel like a change after hanging up my coat in FF writing, which is why my writing style is so different.

1 Like

Had a thought, and I think I should place the ROs up here just to keep them in two places and also make them easier to find :smile:

In lighter news, there are officially six ROs now and here they are:

• Ludio
    Personality: calm, easy going, strong in combat when necessary, hates Alice.
    Species: Demon (normal)

-Slick
Personality: funny, flexible, the class clown, always tries to get Voilet to laugh, can get a bit too annoying, Best Friend of Jaime.
Species: Slime monster (green: life powered)

-Alice
Personality: rude, handy with a gun, loves to cause unnecessary arguments, despises Ludio.
Species: Demon (dream)

-Voilet
Personality: smart, always sees the scientific side of things, revises hard, always pushing away Slick.
Species: Anccient

-Jaime
Personality: energetic, bit of a flirt, loves scares people with his morphing skills, enjoys pranking with his Best Friend Slick.
Species: Wild

-Shaun(a)
Personality: evil, great at thievery, sly, always trying to bring people to the dark side, always has a shrunken on him.
Species: Drelf (dragonet & elf)

Hopes this helps you guys :smile:.

1 Like

Ancient not Anccient sorry had to it made my eyes twitch

1 Like

No, it is Anccient and there is no error. It’s the species name :sweat_smile:, it’s weird but somehow it works in a way…Sorry, I know it’s weird :sweat:.

2 Likes

Are there any long-lasting species rivalries, like maybe between the different demons, or is it just that those two specific characters don’t get along?

2 Likes

well moon if you need any advice or help with your WIP just ask me and ill gladly help

i am not great at coding but i can make sense of sentences of sorts or if something needs to be spiced up :smile_cat:

1 Like

Well, it’s just those two demon characters that don’t get along because their the only two demons in their year and they want to be the strongest. It’s just a demon thing to be the strongest, anyway, just a “friendly rivalry.” :wink:

But there are two species rivalries which are vampires and Anccients because there are turf wars and to see who owned which land over what time period and try to reclaim it, there are also humans and Wilds, since Wilds keep attacking machinery which causes harm on the environment, and don’t allow construction to take place in certain areas. And there are the Drelves which are the enemies of every species there also might be a surprise Drelves RO, but it may not happen unless I find out how to do it, or replace it with Shaun(a) :wink:

@The_Chosen_Plump thanks for the offer, but I have already got a coder who is willing to help out (also who I’ve not seen for 10d :expressionless:) but if you want to look at the two chapters which are complete and planned in a word document fornat I’d gladly PM a link for you :smile:.

EDIT: if anyone wants to view the bare bones of chapters one and two, PM me ok. Also, I am considering the evil Drelf option, no foolin’ and its only because I think that having a mixed race RO who’s also one of the enemies races of the game will be fun to write for. Even more fun than a vampire goblin :smile:.

3 Likes

I read “Voilet” as “Toilet” and didn’t notice until, like, ten minutes later. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Lol.
Anyway, for the evil RO think I think I’ll actually do it since it would be fun to have an evil RO option who is also a mixed race. And to see how thins will work out.

3 Likes

Does that mean we’ll have an option to go evil, or to convince them to become good?

3 Likes

You had my full attention at that point,it’s a nice change of pace to not be the chosen one in a game.

I really hope this WIP comes to fruition.

4 Likes