Battle in the Ruins of a Dead Civilization (an off-site small contest for fun and glory)

If you are looking for readers, it is best to ask for one here and then take it to PM–if you have a beta thread, and want a whole thread for comments on that beta, then yes, definitely, you can make a specific thread for that. Just put the link to the beta (or alpha, or whatever!) in your first post.

3 Likes

Well, It will be difficult to link something from Infinity Story to here. But thanks for the clarification.

If someone is Interested Please pm me.

2 Likes

Ok, we are in the final stretch now. How is everyone doing?

My story has shifted quite a bit since its genesis. It was initially intended to be a bit more esoteric, but after a while I decided to clear away much of the smoke and lay it bare. I have a little bit left to go, but I am reasonably certain it will be complete in time.

Well, that’s what the optimistic portion of my mind is saying, anyway.

5 Likes

I wont be finishing my story on time. I’ve neglected it for the past little while in order to study for/fret about school stuff. I’ll still desperately try to finish it this week, but meeting the deadline is a lost cause at this point.

On the bright side, I’m going to take my failed entry on as a side-project. I’ve been looking around on CYS quite a bit, and was thinking, in the spirit of this contest or whatever, I might post the eventual finished project there.

Looking forward to reading all the finished entries though.

5 Likes

I am about 85,000 words now and I will finish in time as I am currently writing all the endings. So I suppose Monday or so will be finished. Still, a really bad quality so my score will be abysmal.

6 Likes

I will have to unfortunately retract my participation in this contest due to the fact that schooling has caused me to barely get any work done on this.

But I may continue it at some point.

2 Likes

This means that 97,700 words later I ended it.

I CAN’T BELIEVE IT.

12 Likes

Truly earning that Fleet Admiral status.

2 Likes

The problem is Due Cys has given me support in grammar beta testing etc… I agree to present my game by their side. However, My game is not worth winning or anything like that so Cog still has all the options. Guys So my cheers to all of you!!

3 Likes

I am officially giving up; after going a little bit into it I realized that:

1. My story is way too predictable
  2. I don’t really like it anymore (aside from writing fun early ending scenes. I never get tired of that).
  3. I have a hard time ignoring points 1 and 2 when working on it takes time away from more profitable endeavors.

That being said, I made my entry public and turned on submissions, so if anyone wants to make a mountain out of my molehill, be my guest.

https://infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=165231

6 Likes

It is with great trepidation that I humbly request testers/proofreaders for my story. I acknowledge that the deadline is nigh, but I still must ask. The story is not yet complete, but only the final segment is yet to be written. I am confident that it will be completed soon.

The story is medieval fantasy with a shadow of Lovecraftian horror standing over it. You play as an adventurer sent to a remote village in order to determine why their exports have ceased. What lies within?

I would be eternally grateful to anyone willing to read through what I have written so far, and give feedback on it. At this point it is far too late to fundamentally change any major aspects of the story, but I am greatly interested in what people like and dislike. PM me with your account name on infinite-story and I’ll give you reading permissions. My account name on there is TheCharredScribe.

Fair warning; the story itself contains a bit of graphic violence. The Halloween spirit possessed me this month.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate any help that you may give.

7 Likes

I wish you luck :hugs:

5 Likes

Work has well and truly screwed me over and have been swamped this week so I wont be able to finish my entry. Sorry :frowning:

4 Likes

Well, present for a contest is hard and all we have real problems. So nobody should feel bad about not finishing it. The work you accomplish is something that is invaluable. And after all, this is for fun.

6 Likes

Very true. Just frustrated as I set myself the target of finishing the flash fiction for a competition this short If and episode 3 of UnNatural. only managed the flash fiction as work has run my ragged.

Congrats on finishing your entry. I wish you luck in the contest.

6 Likes

I need more than luck, I need a miracle. No, I presented to this to improve and set a goal and planning and execute it before a deadline. And I aced that, still I would have liked to have a better English language level for my game being better than how it is but well, it is what it is

5 Likes

Oh Mara If your english was better, I fear no one would stand a Chance against your Story. It is really innovative and creative. You know I like it very much.

4 Likes

You achieve that by what you’ve just done. You wrote the game from.start to finish. You only will get better by writing and that is what you’ve done. You should be proud of what you’ve done :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have put my link in Cys already and is being days public but I put it here too for the record. My entry

https://infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=165300

5 Likes

My entry is here:

https://infinite-story.com/story/intro.php?id=19885

The story is titled “And All Things Will End”. Good luck to all the competitors!

8 Likes