Barriers: The New Fallout

Continuing the discussion from Barriers: The Fallout (WIP):

Ok first lets get something straight. I know I have a lot of WIP coming out and stuff but give me a chance. Due to my profession I have a lot of free time. I spend a lot of time writing. So please believe in me that I can handle it all.
So to everyone that loves this game it’s back!!!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/34hgvpy8vn9rvtd/Barriers_%20The%20Fallout.html
For now nothing has changed but there will be a major update in 2-3 days
The author had given me permission to write it[quote=“Leopardmoon, post:3, topic:16853, full:true”]
Note from the Original Author: I did give permission for Xavier to take over Barriers so long as I was credited, especially for any of the original writing/coding work I did.

I have no plans to continue Barriers and am willing to let someone else take a crack at it.

Interested to see where it goes~
[/quote]

23 Likes

Not to be rude here, but why did you take another author’s idea instead of coming up with your own? They usually come out much better.

Also, I feel that continuing something where another author left off is going to be…strange. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but…

Anyways, if the original author gave you permission to continue with this, then I suppose it’s alright.

Ah…I should probably stop being so negative.:sweat_smile:

Good luck, either way.

2 Likes

Note from the Original Author: I did give permission for Xavier to take over Barriers so long as I was credited, especially for any of the original writing/coding work I did.

I have no plans to continue Barriers and am willing to let someone else take a crack at it.

Interested to see where it goes~

3 Likes

Because why waste perfect ideas kind Member
And thanks for the luck Kind Member

Don’t mind me asking, but what is your profession? I’m in frickin’ middle school, and I can barely find time to practice for the SATs, or even just go outside for awhile, let alone write.

He had a whole thread about how he wanted authors to give him ideas or something. I think. I know him and Elle (@Just_Because) got into some *cough * “discussions” about that, but idrk.

Savage.

5 Likes

I apologize if I seemed overly presumptuous.

@Goddess, (just wait until you get into high school. That’s a whole other can of worms)

Often, when things like these are put down by one author and picked up by another, they can end up…looking messy. But on the other hand, they could be fantastic.

What it really comes down to is how the two authors voices come together, and trying to smooth out the awkward bump when it comes to different styles.

Things like these can be double-edged swords; but I’m interested to see where this will go.

4 Likes

@Xavier_Kirton I’m glad that this is alive again, I wish you all the best working on your projects! Looking forward to what comes next, from both you and @Leopardmoon.

1 Like

Good luck with the new project, i look foward to it. I believe that it’s great that you are not willing to allow a good idea to go to the famous WIP cemetery, a true wasteland of great projects that ended up before their conclusion, congrats for that. We tend to be highly disapointed when a WIP that we like goes to waste, it’s refreshing to see someone take a step foward and take into their hands the continuation of the project, whatever might it be.

[quote=“ruhenri, post:9, topic:16853”]
it’s refreshing to see someone take a step foward and take into their hands[/quote]
#with the original author’s explicit permission#

Edit: geez, the forum bold is a bit of a shout, isn’t it? Sorry, but we want to make sure authors feel safe in posting their work here, so any talk of taking [someone else’s game] into your own hands absolutely must emphasize that it’s only with permission of an author who really has stopped work on it (cf earlier thread
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/salvaging-or-stealing/1132)

And please note that not all authors are happy to be asked if you can “finish their abandoned wip for them”. Many haven’t abandoned it, they’re just working at a normal hobbyist’s pace; and besides being discouraging, your request may make them worry that someone is going to steal their unfinished material.

Glad this one is working out, but in general, people should be restrained and cautious in how you go about “rescuing” old WiPs.

8 Likes

@Havenstone In any way was I promoting the practice of plagiarism, the steal of intelectual property is a very serious matter and unfortunately our society is being more and more aceptive of its practice. English isn’t my first language so I try to keep my topics short in order to facilitate the process of reading them, if it appeared that I was promoting in any way the stealing of intelectual property, that wasn’t my intention.I will rephrase myself.

Given that the original author gave his explicit permission for the continuation of his story under the conditions mentioned in the original post of this thread, I don’t see any problem in the continuation of the said project by the author that has received the said permission. Congrats to everyone involved in the process for their desire to see the project continue. May it be clear that I’m not in any way watsoever condoning with any kind of plagiarism (which isn’t the case of this project), a serious crime and threath in our society. May it also be clear that I’m not criticising or pressuring any author for the abdication of their rights over the magnific stories that they create but didn’t had the opportunity to finish, it is their story to tell or don’t tell, they should never and in no circumstance be pressured into wave their right to decide the future of their creations.

I’m in my android so I can’t check for spelling errors in my post, my apologies in advance for any error of that kind.

@Havenstone thanks for calling on the problems of my post, I agree 100% with what you said.

2 Likes

Everyone who has been waiting for the next update of this game your in luck I’ve been tinkering/changing/writing for the last month and I’ve finally learned to code meaning that the update for game is set for 8/5/16 (It’s pretty big) Thanks for patiently waiting and for the motivation and special thanks to @Leopardmoon moon for this great game. Have a good day
-Xavier

How did I forget to mention that I modified the name!!:smiley::smiley::smiley::joy::joy:
Also the name is still a work in progress should I use this one, the original one, or a different feel free to leave suggestions​:joy::smiley::joy::smiley:

12 Likes

Closed for inactivity. OP, please let me know if you need this reopened.