An neverending medieval RPG

Village vs nation.I wonder who would win?

@Zach I met when you capture a certain amount of villages making a unified nation and go to war with others

That might work

Shame on thou for not implementing Same-Sex Relationships! What Are You, A Heavy Christian Fundamentalist?

I’m thinking this is something that’s perhaps a little ‘too’ game-like, seems like something I’d want visual/graphical stuff for, not plain text, as I would in a story. But, ey, maybe there is a market out there, somewhere. Best of luck :slight_smile:

@zane and @Zach, you don’t really declare war on other nations, since all the nations are already at war. There are two nations(factions) that are your enemies, allied with eachother, and you are a citizen in the other nation (in the beginning). The storyline is based on the war between those nations, I admit.

@Zed Instead of making it so that you can marry a person of the same gender, I made it so you can be best friends with that person (doing everything you’d do normally with a person of the opposite-gender which you are married to, except making kids and living in the same house). And no, I’m not a heavy christian fundamentalist. Just that I don’t see why would you actually do that in a game (and who, even specifically).

@CJW, I’d have made it 3D and all good-graphics, if I only knew how to (That’s what I want to learn, although I have no idea where).

This is in medieval times @Zed so same sex dating was not even thought of back then

By the way, doesn’t anyone want to answer my questions above (at the bottom of the third post I made in this topic)? It’d help me out a lot.

@Zach, I don’t think I agree with you, as I don’t think anyone really knows that for sure. Anyways, can we move on to the game chat and not same-gender relationships (just so that we don’t go off-topic) ?

1. IdK
  2. I think for the sailing that you should be able to become a pirate at least for a short time.
  3. The villages were usually named after past rulers or features of that village so i would play around with the geographical features or rulers of a village.
  4. I feel the features gives it a real open world feel like the one your trying to create.
  5. I feel if you play the storyline right and make the open world have different experinces (birth of a child,epic fight,being lost at sea) it would make the game very enjoyable and it will work out

@Zane, thanks for your feedback, especially about the village naming one, I will consider it, at least for some of the villages. And about becoming a pirate, I think the most efficient way of doing this would be having the probability of meeting other ally ships and raiding them, therefore your honor decreasing but your wealth increasing in case you successfully capture the ship.

1. I am horrible with titles myself.
  2. Choosing your villages output as in you can make them slaves who work hard for little pay or work for less time and have better pay but the citizens are happier and less likely to revolt, planning out the attacks on rival villages by various methods.
  3. Name them after places you have visited in other games that you have loved.
  4. Everything so far has got me impressed and excited for your game.
    %. If everything so far turns out as you describe it, then i am pretty sure it will be awesome and be one of the best text adventure game.

what are the skills and atributes?
1idk
2 switching side in conflict (betrail)
3Idk
4 seem cool so far
5 No idea probably either really good or really bad so take your time

As far as title really depends on what you want to make the main focus ie the war, life, polotics ect.

1. All you man,
  2. Diplomacy, realistic diplomacy would be very cool, though I recognize you have a metric shit ton to do, so if you have the extra time, if not I will survive.
  3. Name it after real cities and towns, you need one to be mentioned once and never brought up again, I would suggest a name generator for that
    4&5 If you can put in all this, I think it will be great,

For names of villages you could look up important villages during that time period

Sounds bad ass about time some one went for a game that never ends yea

So lucid dreams

@AlexCosarca – definitely sounds like it will have some elements that no other CoG game to date has tried. I’m excited to see how it comes together.

1. How about “Rule and Rivalry”?
  2. I’m with @Person that diplomacy would be cool (e.g. the chance to call a truce with the enemy/ies or buy them off, leading to a peace that could end with betrayal one way or another). But I also agree that you’ve got tons to do already, and it’s better to finish a game than to keep multiplying ideas…
  3. Go to a map of Mongolia or Kyrgyzstan and gank a bunch of small town names nobody outside those countries has ever heard of. Or more traditionally, a map of rural England.
  4. Not sure what the dreams will add to the game, even the lucid dreams – are they linked to the storyline, and do they affect any of your attributes? If the dreams don’t have some kind of waking-world impact, people might get tired of dreaming most nights; even the “no consequences” aspect of lucid dreaming could stop being fun before too long.
    Also, I’d suggest replacing the hearts on either side of the page display with something more medieval. :slight_smile:
  5. I’ll be impressed if you manage to get it all in!

When you said above, “I don’t see why would you actually do that in a game (and who, even specifically)” – there are tons of non-straight gamers all around the globe who enjoy having the option to play a non-straight character. One of the distinctive things about CoG’s official games is their attempt to shake up traditional gender stereotypes (and the authors have been known to respond to player suggestions on how to do that better). That’s won them more than a few appreciative readers.

Of course it’s your game, and no one can tell you how to write it or what to include/exclude. But this queer-affirming Christian fundamentalist would encourage you to let your readers choose a same-sex partner – especially if you’re not including the possibility of having kids in the story anyway!

@Zach: Same-sex romance most certainly happened, and wasn’t even all that frowned on (probably less frowned upon than it was during the majority of the twentieth century); many kings of England, notably, were well-known for their homosexual liaisons (Richard the Lionhearted and Edward II, to name two). However, both were also heterosexually married.

The main thing is that gay marriage and shacking up are off the table in a historical or history-esque medieval setting, and not getting married at all (unless you’re clergy) is a serious social handicap.