Survival idea

I discovered the other day that I can’t code to save my life! :(( so unless my skills dramatically improve, I can’t make any stories or WIPs. I do have some ideas though so if anyone likes an idea and wants to use it feel free to :smiley:

I had a kind of tokyo jungle game idea where you are an animal of your choosing and you have to survive to the best of your ability.

I had a marine biologist/treasure hunter idea a while ago where you travel all over the worlds oceans, finding sunken ruins and trying to find a legendary treasure.

A Robin Hood style adventure where you’re an outlaw in medieval times escaping the law and either fighting evil or joining it. Little cliche, but everyone loves a good old fashioned story :wink:

A consulting detective story. I was thinking the character to be a bit like Adrian monk (hello to all the monk fans!) or you could make him however you want to be, I didnt really go deep into this idea.

I had some other ones but I’ll put them up later. Anyways, just a few story plots that I’m sure you guys could make much better if you wanted to :smiley: hope u all ok

ChoiceScript has never held anyone back from publishing a Hosted Game. Writing 100k words worth of story, has.

I agree with @Redditz. Compared to the effort that goes into writing a story learning ChoiceScript is as easy as it can be.

If you want to learn ChoiceScript this: https://www.choiceofgames.com/make-your-own-games/choicescript-intro/
is a good place to start.

If you’ve got any more questions or get stuck on your code feel free to throw it on the forum. We’ll gladly help you.

Don’t worry. I began my first attempt sometime last year and I couldn’t code at all. It was horrible and everything was a mess. After regaining interest in making choicescript games during this summer, I read through all of the instructions on the make COG site and it really really really helped. I’m working on 2 WIPs right now and everything is going great :smiley:

I think that in the end, as long as you read the guide provided, you should be fine. Don’t let coding hold you back! It may be difficult at first and some experimentation might be needed but once you get the hang of things, it’s fun!

PS - Those ideas are great! I’m a sucker for some old-fashioned plots and I really love the Robin Hood one <3

I’m fine writing the stories, it’s literally the coding I struggle with but when I get the time to I’ll give it another go. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

One last thing, is it possible to download choicescript on a tablet? If it is it would be so much handier for me.

I don’t know if it is or not – but I’ve got it downloaded to Dropbox, and an app on my iPad that lets me edit Dropbox files. Works pretty well (though it can’t beat Notepad++).