GAME HAS MOVED TO ITCH.IO
In the forest of Bres an otherworldly sickness corrodes the soil and changes the creatures within. “A parting gift from the fallen angels,” say the citizens of the Hyaku Region and the mark on your hand confirms it.
Though the scent travelling in the air is sweet and enticing, everyone knows better than to get closer. But the mark, it pulses, it burns, the pain spreading as fast as the corruption of the forest does.
Your masters are calling, and it seems like this time you cannot escape them.
- Explore Kyou, a japanese inspired country, and discover the secret behind the sickness corroding the land.
- Choose from four different animals (serpent, dragon, wolf, cat) to make your familiar. Each of them has a different personality.
- Romance a forgotten childhood friend, a headstrong knight, a runaway performer or a fellow witch.
- Find a way to erase the mark on your hand once and for all, or perish trying.
- Become Kyou’s hero, or its tyrant.
- To be implemented: Receive letters from your allies.
- A test page from which you can alter stats.
- More features may be added as I continue to write the story.
I pulled two tarot cards for each character, it’s more or less accurate.
Miwa Imamura | Strenght in reverse, 6 of wands in reverse
“You are, love, my will to laugh, the goodbye I won’t know how to say, because I’ll never be able to live without you” Tú - Shakira
Born in the warmer northern coasts of Kyou, Miwa is a performer with a muddy past. She’s cheerful and free spirited, her want for excitement and impulsiveness unsuitable for her state as a runaway. In exchange for your help, will turn into a helpful ally, vouching for you and keeping you safe and away from judgemental eyes.
She, much like Hazuki, has a liking towards the finer arts and enjoys luxury and fancy clothing.
Hazuki Tamashiro | Death, 6 of swords in reverse
“You and I, maybe it’s not so illogical. Tell me it’s not.” Dime que no - Jesse & Joy
Lord Sakuma Tamashiro’s firstborn. He, much like you, has demon blood, though its dark divinity has long since faded.
Raised in near seclusion, Hazuki has foregone the study of combat in favor of more artistic and intellectual pursuits, just like his father did before him. Sensitive and a bit timid, Hazuki is often described by those that know him as caring and good natured, yet only a dim reflection of his younger brother, Hayato, who is to inherit the Lordship.
When around those he trusts —like Masa— you can see inklings of who he really is, intelligent and a bit too trustful, at times mischievous even.
Klaus/Katja Rassé | Death, 5 of wands
“He knows no one shines forever, they change with the weather.” On the Arrow - AFI
K is a vampire from the distant land of Aveli, recently moved to Kyou. Normally uses their charming wit to get out of difficult situations, arrogance seeping at their words, a certain warmth imbued in their voice when talking to you.
Often the first to jump into danger, disregarding their own safety. Some could say, based on this, he has a dying wish, and they wouldn’t be wrong.
Your paths have crossed few times, yet slowly pieces of memory make their way to you, not all pleasant.
Masami/Masaru Shiraishi | 5 of swords, the sun
| She | He |
“'Till now, I always got by on my own. I never really cared until I met you.” Alone - Heart
Yamato Shiraishi’s child and Hazuki’s retainer (and unwilling spouse-to-be).
Known for being stubborn, headstrong and fiercely loyal. Will not hesitate to attack when presented with an opponent or potential threat to their newfound friends, though we all know they secretly enjoy all the adventuring and fighting that ensues.
Possible extra RO: ??| 7 of cups rev, judgment rev
“I fell for you like autumn leaves, never faded, evergreen.” Beating Heart - Ellie Goulding
??? is the image of the proper lady: quiet, poised, beautiful. And that’s where the image ends. Honest to a fault, proud and curious to boot, her unusual upbriging makes her a rather interesting companion.
About update frequency
The demo will be most likely updated once the chapter is finished. If you want to get earlier access to the chapters, consider becoming a patron!
The thread, on the other hand, will be updated depending on thread activity (I don’t want to fill it with only my own posts to the point it seems like I’m spamming) and progress made during the week. Monthly progress reports guaranteed!
Do follow my tumblr for sketches and occasional extras (along with the weekly updates). Also you can ask me questions if you’d like.
Beta vs. Alpha
There are two version of the game available, the Alpha version and the Beta version.
- Only available to tier 2 patrons and above.
- Monthly story updates.
- May contain placeholders of new mechanics.
- May be a bit buggier than Beta.
- Updates happen less often, but once it is updated, the update will most likely be very long and you will be able to play uninterrupted.
Last story update in Beta: 24/2/2021
Total Word count: 106769 words (exc. code)
CURRENTLY REWRITING: Chapter 2
- Chapter 1: Festival of souls
- Chapter 2: A night without moonlight
- Chapter 3: A figure looms in the dark (missing half of the chapter)
- Chapter 4 (On hold )
The story is set, as you’ll find out, on a Japanese inspired country named Kyou, following our MC as they attempt to survive the pursuits of the demon that marked them, the servants of the Goddess, unsympathetic humans and avoid being consumed by the osen.
This is a standalone book.
In regards to feedback:
- Are there any typos? Weird phrases? Confusing paragraphs? (I know there are too many commas, I’m trying to remove some of them.)
- Do things make sense, based on the information presented to you? Do things happen out of order? Do characters forget about previous events?
- Are there any pages that are perhaps too long? Or paragraphs that need to be broken down?
- Other suggestions are appreciated.