Afterlife (WIP)

@Fairygodfeather

I appreciate the time put into these now; time coding/writing is vastly incongruent with play time.

Minor update:

• three page extension to the center path.

It is! I know that I was stunned by how much time I could spend for so little actual result. At the end of my game I was so frustrated that I only have what I thought was five minutes worth of gameplay.

Link?

Your asking yourself for a link?

Edit: or your asking for fairys which I believe s/he took down (Julia Ceaser)

The one where I’m not crazy.

@WolfieGrey LMFAO I thought the same thing… That’s something I would expect from myself.

Ahahhaa! I thought you were asking yourself for a link, @ADNox. I took the game down because I don’t have time to polish it. However, I wrote an article about writing it, so it’ll probably go back up again eventually tied to the article. There’s not a link to the article yet either.

I was just empathising. I know it can be frustrating doing so much work and then very little in terms of gameplay time. It gets worse the more choice you introduce since people won’t even see everything you worked on.

like the concept and what is written so far
:slight_smile:

It’ll get majorly worse when I do free-roam updates; they’re almost episodic.

@Fairygodfeather - message me a link when the article’s done?

The center/right path has been updated and a character (romance, I dunno?) has been introduced. It’s mostly a dialogue menu that runs off a ton of if statements; the conversation can change slightly based on choices and order.

I’m also adding a faction and relations guide to the stats that may be bugged right now. Use stats at your own peril.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165835318/web/mygame/index.html

Question: is Nox too eccentric?

@AdNox Oh! Ad Nox. Nox. :slight_smile: Is that deliberate? There’s no such thing as too eccentric, we’re dead after all. I found Nox amusing.

Sure thing about the link.

@ADNox Is it supposed to say “Unless you wre a total jerk when you were alive don’t expect a invitation to the havens any time soon” (I was paraphrasing) when talking to Nox about the havens.

No, and fixed.

–had to remove the relations thing or make separate stat windows, so it’s gone.

I would love to test this~

@Fairygodfeather

An intentional act of ego, yes.

@RoseQueenKamijo

There’s a link above, but wait until the next update and I’ll be expanding on Nox’s dialogue menu and adding several mini-scenes.

I just added and tested about 95 lines of pure code for the next update’s framework, but I need to change all the todo’s to text.

Update:

• The second and final portion of the dialogue with Nox is half-done; astral projection and energy transference train-lines are written. This is all through the center hall.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165835318/web/mygame/index.html

Requests:

• check for continuity errors, awkward wording and frequency of page breaks.
  • is the energy transference line too innapropriate? Not innapropriate enough? :wink:

@ADNox Like the story so far, really good and it’s a nice change of scenery. But what if you’re a sad or ‘dammed’ ghost who’s just trapped in their own despair? That would seem very interesting!

@Adnox That scene makes Nox come across as a rapist. I found it extremely uncomfortable and certainly inappropriate. Was that the vibe you were intending to go for with him?

Pantsing someone is rape?

@ADNox I guess people see things in different lights, I guess Nox may come off as creepy to some doing those sort of things. I’ve never seen anyone unzips someone’s pants in a pantsing so I guess people wont be able to know the whole reason why Nox is touching on these couple and rubbing the guy’s thigh I believe.

I didnt think he was gonna rape anyone, I didnt get that vibe but I did go “The fux is he doin’?” when he started unzipping the guy’s pants.