The Untitled Project (WIP)

I just finished a course on the basics of JavaScript, and I’ve always been interested in writing, so I figured, hey, why not give this a shot? I’m still working out some kinks in the plot and such, so bear with me.

The protagonist wakes up in a pitch black place with no memories of who they are or what they’re doing. They stumble upon a door, which leads to a cozy looking office. There, find out that they are in the afterlife, and they are given a job: to haunt humans until they are driven to suicide.

I will try to make this as customizable as possible, down to appearance, fashion choices, sexuality, etc. Keep in mind that if you are playing as a certain gender, there will be NPCs that you are unable to romance.

If you’re interested in coming up with a title for this project, please let me know! If someone comes up with the title I like, you will get a cameo in the game! I will try to update this form regularly, and keep you all posted on how everything’s going. Thank you for reading!

16 Likes

Dark story huh? interesting

There was a recent WiP that had: [quote=“breadsadist, post:1, topic:21751”]
The protagonist wakes up in a pitch black place with no memories of who they are or what they’re doing. They stumble upon a door, which leads to a cozy looking office. There, find out that they are in the afterlife, and they are given a job: to haunt humans until they are driven to suicide.
[/quote]

pretty much - I’d look for that because your work may encounter some of the issues the prior work had. Unfortunately, I don’t remember its name. I just remember waking up, the office and the “job” assigned matched your description.

1 Like

i will keep that in mind thank you very much! :B

1 Like

pretty much - I’d look for that because your work may encounter some of the issues the prior work had. Unfortunately, I don’t remember its name. I just remember waking up, the office and the “job” assigned matched your description.
[/quote]

it does sound like the released game “Gambling with Eternity”

4 Likes

i never played that one, but i’ll make sure to look it over and make sure mine is original as possible! thanks for letting me know!

well, you can make yours more “plot heavy” as the released game had short one playtrough coz its focus is to its branching story and many replaybility… and if i remember correctly, there is no romance i can find there, so i stop playing it after some trying, coz its really not interesting when there is no one you can pursue :sweat_smile:

oh you can play it once for free in here : Gambling with Eternity

1 Like

as my ambition is my downfall (and im trying to forget that i live in america), i do plan on devoting myself to this game. i do hope that you’ll find it entertaining enough to play through it all! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds interesting and i wish u luck :+1::grinning:

1 Like

Finally, I can truly be Evil. :laughing:

Curious.

When will it be set? And where? Will it be in multiple times/locations? Because being this “reaper/guardian demon/angel of death/ghost” thing in Japan would make their job insanely easy. Just follow around some samurai and you’re set. Or if in modern times follow some stressed out workaholics - then you could swing between Japan and South Korea. War would be “profitable” as well, prey on the losing side and the vets.

Does the MC get paid? And what would they need the money for, seeing as they’re dead (a fancy afterlife)?

What exactly is their job title?

Can the MC get fired if they’re not good at their job - because a lot of people like to play good guy in games?

Are any of the romance options alive?

Can we drive Trump to suicide? :innocent:

5 Likes

I’m hooked :open_mouth:

I’d like to see this game in action, it sounds like an interesting idea!

It sounds really good I hope it’s long

i’m thinking 20 or 21st century. the protagonist will live in the afterlife, and location will vary based on who their victim is. i haven’t come up with a “proper” job title yet (like. they’re a ghost lmao) and they do get paid. they don’t have to eat but i know i wouldn’t want to give up eating if i died bc eating is great. they can also buy new clothes, furniture, books, etc. there is a possibility of mc getting fired, that could be a bad ending, i’m still working lots of things out. a couple of the love interests are alive, and i think if i published a game about driving trump to suicide i’d get deported (i would love to though ahh). thank you so much for your intetest ahhh!!

2 Likes

i am planning on making it fairly long! :B

:smirk: just make some easy title like:

The Haunting Job
The Afterlife Work
Afterlife: Haunting Humans

Choice of The Reaper, maybe?

lol, Suicide Squad. OMG.