Afterlife (WIP)

Sounds good, looking forward to it, like the concept

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165835318/web/mygame/index.html

Yeesh, I -think- it’s error free now except where the text dead-ends.

Correction: one premature end survived. It’s fixed now if you refresh.

Also, the central hall is waaaay shorter than the other two right now.

Our apologies; there was a 404 error while loading game data. Please refresh your browser now; if that doesn’t work, please email dan at fabulich.com with details.

refresh starts over from beginning

Where? It’s only a demo, so that’s intentional at ‘Next Chapter’ points.

The center is very short, the right is somewhat longer, the left is longer if you aren’t rude and question the gatekeeper. The left will never overlap with center/right again, when I upload the next update. It has independent scenes.

Ah okay, I didn’t know if I had bugged it up or not but so far looks great

Only been working on it for five days, on a phone, and most of it has been spent chasing down errors.

Well I like it and the whole ghostly powers idea really attracts my attention

I like your game. @ADNox

Good so far

looking good, can’t wait for the next update :smiley:

It isn’t too linear so far from two paths overlapping?

It depends how you end up going further down, I think it’s alright right now

I like it so far, you could do a lot with this.

I added a *goto_scene line and the next button on the first page broke. Did it for anyone else?

Minor update:

• Added two small new scenes and rewrote others.
  • Trimmed the text.
  • Reordered the stats page and added ‘Presence’ as a visible stat.
  • 404 now just end in ‘todo’.

Questions:

• how’s the writing style?
  • any requested scenarios? Personally, I want to do a bunch of prankster-poltergeist scenes; something to offset the morbidity of the beginning.
  • How does the light path’s question database (be a smartass to reach it) read? I’m -horrible- with goody-touchy-lovey.

Your writing style is really good, you kept me interested and curious to see what the next page had in store for me. I played the light-side part of the beginning, which I believe is really well made, especially with the part where you ask all the questions and you are offered another choice, wherein you accepted the fact that you were really dead.

Food for thought: why not add a Dreamer, or someone who can see spirits, as a companion? I know many would say it’s a rerun of Ghost Whisperer, but it would be really nice if you could interact with a living human being more than just by startling them or scaring them. Especially if they were a part of your former life. You could actually integrate this as a part of your quest to understand why you died. Just a thought, though.

And yep, it would be awesome to do some poltergeist action just for the sake of it, I mean it’s a perfect win, you gain experience and have fun at the same time :))

You, my friend, are the reason I joined this forum. Please do count me in.

@Desanion

The Dreamer’s planned, but it’s a good ways down the revenge/mercy plotlinr. I need to work on the free-roam/redemption/corruption line since they dead-end so early right now.

Ah, the teasing of a game that’s so very short. I liked what I’ve played so far, the setting’s fascinating and I’d love to play more. I’ll save my feedback until you’ve written more though. Keep going!