A Witch's Path (WIP)

I ALSO SHIP THE STARCO!
(Tom ad Star shall never be…sorry my friends pats the demon on the back Sorry Bro)

1 Like

(Thomas “Tom” Lucitor[10][11] is the demon prince of the Underworld and Star Butterfly’s boyfriend.[12] Originally introduced as an antagonistic character to Marco Diaz, he has since become a recurring character and one of Marco’s friends.)

5 Likes

Tom is a good boyfriend. :smiley:

5 Likes

So quick update guys. My friend/editor/coder read some of the demo idk if he read the whole thing or just skimmed but you know? Anyways he thinks I should add classifications of magic in the stat screen of the MC. With the classifications of:
Charms: enchanted items
Incantations: typical verbal Spells or rituals
Blood Magic: Rituals with crazy dangerous steps. With high dangers but high results.

He thinks this will add to the your MCs character and help define what kind of witch you are.
Anyways let me know if you like this idea and I’ll just add it to the stats screen and points to the choices.

31 Likes

And Claudia is your favorite from Nigh Coven, am I not right ? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah (20 characters!)

Maybe. If you already made most of the game without the use of this mechanic, I think it doesn’t really have a point.

9 Likes

We won’t know till we play it? It might be good with or without it so.

12 Likes

I am not really bothered TBH…Though some sort of classification system may be a safe thing to add to the stats page.

1 Like

Lol no that would be Jane :sweat_smile: she’s like one of the first characters I made for this so she has a special place in my heart.

1 Like

Also adding Enchantments and Curses for parts of the story where your MC can help a passing pedestrian or join in the fun of the Night Coven and give a random person pimples or something lol.

4 Likes

I know I know. I thought the demo was 100% perfect but my friend thinks it’s got some polishing so rather be safe than sorry.

I’m sorry if this bother you but how long do you think the demo will be out ?

10 Likes

It’s a demo. It doesn’t need to be perfect for release. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s there to give us an idea of what is to come. Many things can change from demo to finalized game.

And this friend…this is the same one who is “helping” you code? The same one who is too busy because he wants to play games? Are you sure he’s actually going to help? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: You might want to .look into getting assistance from someone else. It sounds to me like your friend has other priorities, and I would hate to see all your efforts be wasted because it sounds like you have put a lot of time into this. It’s something to think about at any rate. :thinking:

26 Likes

This project is going to have a hard time progressing if this disinterested friend is the only one who can move it along.

I would either try to learn the coding or seek other help.

22 Likes

Isn’t CSIDE for people who aren’t good at coding? I thought this made it a lot easier to make stuff.

Choicescript itself was designed for those who aren’t good at coding. I’m seeing a lot of self-made barriers when I see people say “I’m not good at coding so I can’t code my game”.

6 Likes

As everyone else has said before this game is interesting through summary and ideas alone but if the public is able to get theiir hands on it and inspect it for bugs, spelling mistakes and errors it could become an amazingly great wizard/witch game.
As i for one loves details when it comes to fight scenes an example for lets say earth manipulation.

Instead of simply saying you wrap the assassins up in stone and crush him in seconds due to your efficiency with earth magic before moving on to the next scene which i see in a ton of games or You could instead set up an encounter like this (more or less words and detail depending on the situation).

You recite the spell and disable the magical binds that hold Sasha. Behind you she screams as you whizz around and stare at the incoming green glowing short sword and the masked man wielding it. You can hear your heartbeat pounding as the world gets slower and slower but despite the danger you feel oddly calm, safe and protected due to knowing and feeling that there is rich soil underneath and surrounding the abandoned cabin which suxdenly shoots up through the floorboards and forms into a thick clumpy hand that latches tightly around the blade with enough pressure to snap it in half. Though before plant roots can come out of the dirt hand and wrap around the attacker’s arm he dashes back and discards his useless weapon while flinging five green glowing knives at you and Sasha which are stopped by the earth arm getting in the way which allows you to see the soil turning black and starting to fall apart letting you know that you don’t want to be touched by whatever weapons he has.

Though that’s just me i would like to see how you have written the mc spells during and out of combat to provide feedback and such.

1 Like

So is this forum finished or something else

1 Like

Forums are like volcanoes, there is active, dormant and extinct. Mount Witch’s Path is simply dormant.

12 Likes