A Warmth in the cold, volume1, new content uploaded, stat_chart now up, please post any issues found

Ah. K. Thank you for the clarification. Also I’ll try not to use screen shots in the future & type out what the glitch says if that will help your phone/ computer

2 Likes

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, so I re-uploaded the file with some alterations. The orientation choice has been altered, as there is now A third option, as well as reworking the flavour text so it’s a bit more like Who you would rather spend your time with. Also altered it, so hopefully it’s a bit easier to tell that everything is taking place in a specific setting now.

5 Likes

New content has been added, now you actually get to meet the RO who braught you to the room.
As always, please give feedback so I can make this a better read for everyone.

Error. startup line 1819: Invalid indent? Expected an #option here, not *set

That should be fixed now, there was an extra tab there for some reason.
Also, if anybody has found an air where they are running through Artemis‘s path, and then the character seems to change, I found, and am looking into it.
From what I can tell, for some reason it’s going to the wrong label, even though I have the label correct. Got to do some tinkering, should be fixed soon.

@ArchivistAlpha096 found this: startup line 1766: Non-existent variable ‘l_scent’

startup line 2207: Invalid expression at char 99, expected no more tokens, found: CLOSE_PARENTHESIS D]

I loved the story.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Please keep the good work​:kissing_heart::+1:
(English isn’t my native language sorry if there are mistakes.:flushed: Thank you

If possible, would you be able to say what the error is instead of sending a screenshot? Speech software doesn’t really deal with them very well, unfortunately.

1 Like

startup line 1766: Non-existent variable ‘l_scent’

startup line 2166: increasing indent not allowed, expected 0 was 1

I like what I have read so far, hard to follow sometimes, but it sort of fits with the confusion the MC is in, I do get an error when I select body type after the shower, tried athletic and average so far same error, something about closed parentheses.

1 Like

It all should be fixed now, thanks for all the feedback.
As of now, next update will be to the stats page.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.

This is my second Series, also for those who saw my post about character descriptions, this is the book I was speaking of.

After a fight with your parents, you go to sleep with the last thought on your mind being that your going to fix relations when you wake up the next day.

Only problem is that when you do wake up, let’s just say things don’t go quite as planned.

Will you be able to get home again? Will you even want to get home again? What will your reaction be to aspects of your own self that you did not know you had? All questions that will have answers here.

There are 4, and will only be 4, romance options. That being said, this is a romance focused game, and you will, by virtue of the mechanics have to choose a romance path to in book 1, though how you go about it afterwards, is currently up for debate.

Also, for anyone wondering, the options that lock you in will be clearly marked.

Updates should be ruffly every month or so to 6 weeks unless something big comes up, not counting stuff like typo fixes, or slight alterations. Though, if enough people ask that I record every little thing, I can do that easily enough as well. Other than that, Updates will be posted in the title, in this format:

A light in the darkness. Updated 5/01/2021.

Here is the link to play:

https://dashingdon.com/play/arcsmith/a-light-in-the-darkness/mygame/

I hope you all enjoy!

48 Likes

@ArchivistAlpha096 Found this:
startup line 427: Non-existent variable ‘input_text’

1 Like

I hate to be that guy, but if your plan is to publish this game under Hosted Games then I would recommend finding someone to edit and check your English grammar and spelling, as there are rather large mistakes through your demo as well as in your description above.
That being said I’m interested where this is going and what might happen once you wake up. Though Artemis is a bit of a perv as Allin? keeps on saying (I think its Artemis) and kinda deserves to be punched

31 Likes

I’ll have a look, thought I fixed all the spelling in the demo. As far as Artemis? Yeah, she Kind of is, though there’s a very very good reason why she is the way she is right now.

1 Like

Not sure what to make out of it with the description so far but I’ll give it a go