A Regency Tale WIP (Male Version)

@Arcania yep I have, I’ve been ill, but am better now… any opinions on the game?

Quite a bit however I need a break. Was rushing to finish whatever I could to update legacy of the assassins and then couldn’t sleep last night so got like 1 hour of sleep today…exhausted. I will have a full review ready as soon as I can properly give you one. To give one now is to give one that is not to my utmost ability, thus disgraceful.

@Arcania Ah, I see. Thanks for the stat page compliment! It really did take me ages!

@Protagonist At that point in history there were gentlemen who studied science as shown http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman_scientist though it would likely have been called natural philosophy at that point in time http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_philosophy

Very nice! looking forward to it

Just a quick update made, no progress made but almost all paths coded - so new options, including mad scientist one!

The old link still works :slight_smile:

I like it

@shirette thanks a lot! would you be interested in hearing the romance options?

Would anyone for that matter?

yes please

Okay, so far there are 5 female romance options and 2 male ones

Only the female ones can be married, due to regency society, but you can have a committed relationship with a male companion, as well as the opposite: you can have an open relationship with some of the female options (only some though).

Female Romance Options: Part 1

Miss Melody Mallard:

You childhood acquaintance and your friends younger sister, Melody is the daughter of the neighboring baronet. Her family is richer, and she knows it. It’s just a pity that she acts it as well. Although sometimes she seems sad…?

Lady Annette Lyonoir

A daughter of the French Aristocracy, her families fortune was lost when they fled the French Revolution, and the guillotine. Nonetheless her title assures her acceptance into society, and her parents hope she will make a marriage to restore their depleted coffers. Though she speaks little she is a secret romantic who adores Gothic romances

Female Romance Options Part 2:

Mrs Roberta Bow

A wealthy and flamboyant widow, her elderly husband left her with a substantial amount of money, and her consequent independence. She has many minor scandals,and borders the edge of impropriety. Despite being from a poor family who she never discusses, her stunning beauty and maybe her wealth make her a desirable and influential woman. But why is her family such a taboo topic?

Miss Virginia Sedgewick

Though she is only five years older than you, Miss Sedgewick was your sisters governess. Highly educated, she is relying on her education to make a living as a teacher for young ladies. She is determined and strong, even if she appears weak and humble in front of her employers

Miss Denise Fendon

A merchants somewhat browbeaten daughter, and his sole heiress, Miss Fendon, and her future husband by implication are due to inherit a large fortune. However her father is determined for her to marry well, and to established nobility. A quiet and kind girl she struggles to assert herself, probably fue to her fathers influence.

And now we reach the male romance options… There are only 2 for now, but I might add a third is demand is present

Captain Hadrian Driscoll:

A straight-laced captain in the Royal Navy. Sent to sea at a very young age, his social skills have suffered as a result, and he is terrible at assessing an emotional situation. He is handsome, and much to the distress of the young ladies their flirtations go right over his head.

Lord Theophilius Percival

A dissolute Lordling who indulges in all of the excesses known. Due to his wealth he is accepted in society, but no sensible person would let him near an unwed girl, or a wedded one if she is young and attractive enough. He seems to be focussing on the present to avoid the past… though why is unknown

FINISHED… For now… sigh… that was a lot to type!

Any opinions?

I like the females…

Found a typo: “Yes, that *ws* it. Gilmans’ was hardly the most renowned or exclusive gentlemens club, but it did well enough, and the wine was plentiful and the membership fees affordable.”

“Yes, that was it. Gilmans’…”

Very excited!!! I hope this game continues and fluorishes. :slight_smile:

I agree with @Doctor , the females sound really interesting - I think perhaps because most of them have at least two sides to them? A sort of ‘she is this, BUT also this intriguing thing’. The men seem to be much more one-dimensional - perhaps they could have a ‘but’ as well?

@Doctor
Seeing as we both share a liking for the females, it’s time for the lemon-style worshipping, yes? ^:)^

Both the guys sound interesting to me and most of the women, I’d say Captain Driscoll is my favorite just going off the descriptions.

Maybe it’s because I’m more used to the ‘but’ thing @Fiogan mentioned to me usually means I’m going to have to wade through a boring/annoying personality to get to the ‘real’ person inside who may or may not be also annoying and not worth it. BUT I don’t mean that about the women described here at all, just that I’m a bit wary of it because of to much bad anime.

Wow that is nice, they all sound unique and having 5 options for romance is great.