A Mortal Hero: Patron of the Gods (Demo updated 10/10)

Everytime the scene include Caleb, I’m dying inside of how cute he is.

Summary

This scene remind me of the video of the baby deer.

8 Likes

can’t help but raise your voice to match your mother"s

Mother’s

Can you also implement a save system ? I replay the flashbacks every time cause want to pick all the options but I have to replay the whole thing again (not that it’s a bad thing but sometimes I pick an options I don’t like and have to go back)

4 Likes

Progress Update (06/03)

Mercury’s Limbo scenes are rewritten! And I’ve gone through to edit some various typos in the Memories! I’ve started rewriting Hemera now and I’ve written a few lines for waking up after the limbo scenes. As of right now, I’ve written about four thousand words this week!

Now, for some replies!

The people have spoken! Strawberry shall be added!:laughing:

This is kind of the point of the scene; there isn’t really a response that will make the MC’s mother try to comfort them or tell them she loves them. This scene is meant to push home a narrative that the MC’s mother is very far gone down whatever path has led her to be consistently gone from her family. I will, however, add a few options to try and evoke these feelings from the MC’s mother. It may even help further this narrative. Thank you for your feedback!

That’s something I’ve been working on! But…I’m not very confident in my coding skills when it comes to this type of thing. I promise I’m definitely trying to work the save system in (I might go code lurking in some of the WIPs that have save systems just to see how they did it when it came to coding.)

24 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thank you. Have a round of applause! I shall be eager to pick my favorite flavor of Ice Cream in the future!

5 Likes

There’s a save plug-in that can be included by default in Dashingdon. It’s found here:

4 Likes

I can understand that view point and I can only imagine how our patron might react if they ever met our mother especially some of our more volatile patrons.

1 Like

that moment when you and a character share the same name

2 Likes

Holy craaap. This is soooo sooo good. You play on my heartstrings like a damn harp musician author!!! i cried. Like literally cried, it was just too close to home. I mean my parents are still together but they always fight pretty heavily. The amount of protectiveness that i feel for my siblings are through the roof irl too even though im the youngest. My older sister…just really knows how to act like a dumb bitch sometimes hahaha but i still love her, i wanna kill her but like DAMN i would kill an entire generation of family for her. I am sooo soooo in love with caleb. i wanna protect him foreeeeveeeer. Jesus christ, that flashback with our mom and dad was too heartbreaking. At first i was so pissed at our dad but when i played through the mom’s memory, i sorta get why he acts like that now. ughhhh. im drowning on feels now srsly. I love it. I hope to see more in the future! :heart:

8 Likes

Oooh this is so exciting! I love this game!
I was so disappointed (in a good way) when the demo ended :blush:
The way you implemented the height customisation is so casual too. The scenario is so simple that is doesn’t distract from the story at all, it’s just one of those normal everyday happenings.

Sorry if it’s a bit odd to get overexcited about something so small, I was just really impressed about how fluid it was :sweat_smile:
That not to say that the rest of the demo isn’t of course! It’s all refreshingly captivating.

Also, just a little thing (sorry):

3 Likes

Actually that is used correctly. Since that is the contraction for you are while your is used for more ownership sentence structure. While You’re is being used in the sense of action. Very common mistake! Plenty make it.

3 Likes

Ohh, I kinda read it as ‘You are attack an innocent’. Does that mean it should be ‘attacking’ instead? Or am I just being weird and misunderstanding? :relaxed:

5 Likes

Progress Update (06/10)

I’ve had a busy week personally, so I haven’t been able to get much writing done. I’ve started going through to edit Mercury’s Limbo scenes, looking for typos or contingency errors, and fixing any of the problems I find. I’m working through Hemera’s Limbo scenes and rewriting those this week!

Thank you all for the kind words and hope you all have a great week!

27 Likes

I got sucked in, and couldn’t believe it ended where it did. Definitely looking forward to this!

1 Like

If I could I would destroy the gods.

You’ve got my attention with this project. Kinda sad to not see Athena as one of the patrons but hey, there’s a ridiculous number of deities to choose from so some were always going to be missed out. And I’m totally happy with Amaterasu as a patron (Although it took me a more than a moment to remember that the image below was not the Ammy we were dealing with here.)

3 Likes

If that’s the form that Amaterasu decided to take while meeting her Mortal Hero for the first time, chances are a couple of them would want to pet her (and she might be unamused by that). :joy:

Though there might be a chance that she has a wolf as a pet (or maybe a tiger; I can see her with a tiger). :thinking:

7 Likes

I have now decided I want to know how the ro’s would react to being petted.

7 Likes

Progress Update (06/18)

Hello everyone! I’m sorry for postponing the progress update for a day but work kept me pretty busy this week and I wanted to wait until I could focus to type this up.

With Mercury’s rewrite done I’ve gone through for my second session of editing, just purely looking at code this time around. I’ve also gotten about a fourth of the way through Hemera’s rewrites. For some reason I’m having a hard time with writing her Limbo Scenes so I may postpone hers a bit and get to work on Guanyin or one of the other Patrons. All in all, I’ve written about two thousand words this week.

I will be taking a breather from writing, maybe this upcoming week or next week, just so I don’t completely exhaust myself. Hope you all have a great week!

30 Likes

Progress Update (06/27)

I just realized I didn’t post the progress update here, I’m sorry!

I’ve gotten through about half of the Guanyin rewrites and edited a few things in the prologue, including adding strawberry as a flavor in the flashback to the carnival! I’ve gotten such a writer’s block for Hemera and it’s persisting into this week ( ╥ω╥ ) Since I did manage to get through so much this week, I am going to be taking a small break this upcoming week. I won’t be working on the game but I will be active on the official tumblr!

Thank you all, have a good week!

37 Likes

This is a gem! I’ve played through what’s available at least 5 times to try out the different personalities and patrons. I have to say Raphael is my absolute favorite.

5 Likes