A Dragon's Life

I like the idea of having multiple types of minions like that, especially ones that specialize in certain things like guarding treasure or spying.

Also, I noted an issue with customization that’s kind of contradictive; You have the option of choosing your dragons’ claws even if you chose for your dragon to be entirely legless.

I should have updated that already. I’ll check that w my copy in a bit & update if needed.

1 Like

anything needed updating?

Not sure how much work I can get done today. Been sick all morning (puking, fever, ect) & I don’t feel like I can sit at my laptop safely for the moment (this is from my phone). As soon as I get better I will be working again (I usually get sick for a day then I’m good, so if I’m not able to work today I can definitely work tomorrow)

4 Likes

Feeling well enough to at least look for bugs for a bit. May not be able to upload today or do extensive work today.

Found an error with the fur. I forgot to set the skin variable, but that’s fixed.
No Legs: that issue was fixed within my own copy, so at the next upload you will see that change
Researching my issue with the scars (scars can play a part in certain conversations later)

If possible, I will do the following:
Add in a few more fight choices. Due to the amount of variables, the fight section will take a long time to write compared to other parts (maybe three days, depending on sick I am & how often I can work, next few days I will be in various appointments for me or my kid)
Fix the Scar “Inventory”

5 Likes

Current fight choices finished (more or less, may make adjustments for stats later):
Go for the eyes
Dodge to the side
Dodge upwards
Sneak attack
Stop fighting

Feeling better today but still sick. Will work when I can & upload whatever I have tonight

Anyone who chooses the “go for the eyes” option & has no spinal adornment, please look at your stat screen & help me figure out how to fix the Scar section. If you have any idea how to fix it, please respond to this thread

4 Likes

I picked no legs for my serpent but it still asked how many claws I have…

1 Like

That issue has been fixed in my copy, so you’ll see it in the next update (pretty sure every creation issue has been caught in my copy by now)

2 Likes

Below is what I’ve finished (but not uploaded). I need to take a break for awhile because of a couple appointments, but will get these uploaded tonight.

Finished:
Go for the underbelly
Go for the legs
Go for the tail
Go for the neck
Shock him
Freeze him

5 Likes

Game was updated this morning

New:
Hatchling fight scene
Scars - Spinal, Facial, Belly scars. Torn wing, Broken horns, Broke claws, & missing scales
Serpents - now automatically have serpent tails
No Legs - no longer ask you about your feet, feet are set to “None”

Coming Up:
Endfight label will be finished & lead into the end of the hatchling scene
#Spend time reading - whats planned is you get to choose which culture you learn about (Pomaiin, Dwarven, Centaur, or Human), which language you wish to learn to speak (Pomaiin, Dwarven, or Centaur. Common language is spoken by humans & most other creatures), learn about magick, or even read about history in general

Note about Pomaiin this is the Elven language, made with the Vulgar language maker

4 Likes

@hexfur
When making a (thick) western dragon is there a way to make it where it has wings that connect to back, walk on two legs and actual arms?(if not please add arms) The closest reference I can think of is the dragon’s in “High School DXD”.

2 Likes

Why pick a name when it gets changed to Unknown?

1 Like

What would happen if i anger the gods?

1 Like

I think they would kill you or curse you

P.s. sorry my english suck

1 Like

The name issue will be fixed in the next upload.

If u anger the gods, they will kill u

Sorry for no post or updates, my family is being evicted from our home & have 2 weeks to leave

2 Likes

:grimacing: hope everything works out about two years ago I had a house fire and I (along with my two brothers and both parents) had to live with a friend for six months so I know thing like that can be rough

4 Likes

Could the be a choice to breath different stuff for example:

Fire:
Poison gas:
Ice frost:

1 Like

So my internet is being shut off at any day now, I will be unable to post any updates for probably a few weeks to months. I will continue working as much as possible during this time, been able to work today some even.

Added in a couple features & choices today that will make things a bit more interesting:
New Ability Mastery - details are listed below
Now you can study with your poison skinned brother - learn about the cultures and races, learn new skills, languages, & gain some insight to this worlds history
Special Skills - listed below, these skills will come in handy in various locations & with various cultures

Ability Mastery - now your abilities have a starting point, as in one specific use, but you can hone your powers to do unusual and new things:
Fire Breath - starts off as a powerful stream of fire (though short), also fireballs. Can evolve to a an inferno breath (much hotter, can breathe out longer with more fire), can eventually breath a fire tornado and may be able to coat your body on fire (think Monstrous Nightmare)
Frost Breath - Starts off with a mist-like breath that freezes small opponents or body parts of larger creatures, can eventually entirely freeze enemies, and at its highest point you can coat your body in ice like extra armor yet still move as agile as ever
Lightning - Start off with uncontrolled energy (you can focus it, but that does mean it will go exactly where you want it), can learn to focus it to one spot, then to multiple spots, then can eventually cover your body in a constant electrical current while still shooting bolts
Healing Breath - Can heal self (excluding scars) & minor creatures, can learn to heal larger/tougher creatures & bring most creatures back from the brink of death, eventually can heal scars & old battle wounds & heal even other dragons completely
Basalisk Stare - turns enemies to stone but does not kill (think stasis or death-like coma), then can turn large creatures to stone faster, eventually can turn dragons to stone & kills all other creatures
Breath of Life - can kill one small area at a time, can poison waterways & larger sections, can decimate large fields (not forest), can eradicate entire forest, eventually can kill living creatures directly
Mist Breath - can create thick fog bank for a small area but cannot completely hide you, creates thicker fog & completely hides light colored dragons, creates thicker large fog banks & can hide slightly darker dragons, eventually completely erases you from sight regardless of color

Special Skills - abilities learned from the 4 cultures (Human, Elf, Dwarf, & Centaur)
Dwarven Smithing - adapted to your size & claws, Dwarven Smithing allows you to recognize ores, metals, jewels, & gems and allows you to turn them into more treasure than before (EX: you find 200 gold in some ruins, you may also find precious jewels you can craft into an adorning crown, a jeweled sword, a diamond hilt staff, ect). Special pieces like this can make you seem more divine, more of a tyrant, or other effects that would benefit you & your followers
Elven Music - dragons cannot play Elven instruments but learning Music allows you to sing in Pomaiin, which is infused with elven magick that you can imbue with emotion. Music in a diplomatic situation can make kingdoms more likely to listen than attack, can stop a fight, or can even cause a fight and raise battle spirits & erase fatigue of your soldiers (yes, there is a part where you could lend a claw to help a human army)
Shaman Healing - a divine gift, this is not a power but a special spell learned from Human wizards history. Can give sleep and peace to wounded creatures that allows them to rest without pain while they heal, gives you knowledge of plants that humans use in medicines, and makes it more likely humans will seek you out for help (healing or wise words)
Astral Reading - a gift from the Centaurs, allows you to divine possible futures just by reading the stars. Allows easier navigation, the ability to judge distances & helps you know how much energy you need to expend, and helps tell humans & other creatures the stories in the skies

12 Likes

All the new info!! Love it!!

Also, that sucks about your internet, I hope things get better soon!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the internet. Hope things turn out okay.

Also, small question, are different stats going to be increased/decreased depending on what you choose when interacting with your siblings (Like fighting with the eldest brother, learning with the poison skin brother, and maybe hunting with your sister if that’s getting a rewrite?)

1 Like