1542: Rise of the Witchhunter is the tentative title of an action-adventure RPG combining a historic presentation of the 16th century with supernatural mythology.
You play as a Witchhunter of the Roman Inquisition. Bearing the Mark of Cain, you are part of a brotherhood of men uniquely gifted with the ability to see, hear and confront demons. Using holy artifacts and occult incantations you can take the fight to the demons - or corrupt your soul to make use of their power.
- Play a Witchhunter from various European nations such as Denmark, Hungary or the Netherlands.
- Choose a unique background for your character such as “Chosen One”, “Heartbroken” or “Souldebtor”, each with an exclusive side quest.
- Buy your own mount; an Arab Thoroughbred, a Friesian Charger, or maybe just a donkey.
- Influence historic events like the Siege of Malta or the Battle of Lepanto; meet historic figures like Martin Luther, Heinrich Kramer or Charles V.
- And much, much more
You can play the first two chapters for free here:
This game was strongly inspired by:
- Medieval 2 Total War (Use of epithets/priest traits)
- Europa Universalis IV (Politics/History)
- Movies: Boondock Saints, Stigmata, End of Days, Black Death
- The Japanese anime “Hellsing”
- NBC’s tv show “Constantine”
- The character “Ray” from the game Call of Juarez.
- Choice of the Vampire & Choice of Robots (Gameplay)
- Music: E Nomine, Gregorian, E.S. Posthumus