Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 3 - releasing 3/3/2022

__
For some reason, the option “We are here now, and we’re in charge. Eli and his son can stay if they accept it. If not, we’ll deal with them.” gives a +20% increase to ruthless twice.
__
At the start of chapter 8 when the group mentions the silverthorne militia and parker is in the group he ‘steps forwards.’ when he is wounded but “hobbles forwards, wincing with each step of his injured leg.” when he is not wounded. So I think the description go switched wrongly.
__
When assigning members to tasks it says that only 2 people can be added for the level 1 trench but the option does not gray out at 2 people so you can add 3 people to that task. This also happens for the science lab.
__
When deciding to strengthen the gate there is this sentence “Metal will need to be woven into the chain-link fence or two by fours will be used to barricade larger areas where the gate is missing.”. I am not very sure about this one but I think ‘and’ sounds more correct when replacing ‘or’.
__

Since there is an option for whether you met Jude and stuff I think that there should also be options for for whether you met and spoke to the River Dogs or not. This is because there are options for mentioning them when talking to Casey with the CB radio but since there are no options at the start to choose whether or not you previously met them those options will never be seen.
__
There is something called social_skill which is basically your strongest social skill out of the three skills. I have a character that has the same number for both persuasion and intimidation and most of the time I use persuasion and prefer persuasion but because of the way the code identifies social_skill it always opts for intimidation instead of persuasion. This particular thing happens when threatening Shirley and multiple times in Part 2. Would it be possible to change it in a way so that I can decide which skill I want to be the social_skill if the social skills have the same number?
__
There is this choice “Attack one of them to put fear into the others.” which should very likely increase the ruthless stat but it decreases it instead.
__
To be continued?

2 Likes

Everyone has a romance scene except Kelly.

2 Likes

“That’s Alex,” Kevin says, taking a wrench out of a metal toolbox. “Her group moved in here. I didn’t have a choice in that decision either.”

I’m playing a guy.

I can even remember that guy’s name.

Conversation with Amir, should be “can’t”.

As you prepare to go to sleep, Tommy enters the apartment over the garage. You the apartment over the garage you set up as your living quarters. Tommy is already there,

I assume this is showing me the text both for sharing with Tommy and not… :sweat_smile:

Tommy lies back and stretches out. He slips off his shirt and you peek over at his toned chest and defined ab muscles.

He takes off his shirt and unbuttons his pants, keeping his eyes on you the whole time.

How many shirts is he wearing? :dizzy_face:

10 Likes

Should be “squints”.

Also, if we are rooming with the nephew as well as someone else, there should be a mention of that, and a changed scene. Or at the very least, a mention of him leaving before PC and LI get intimate.

5 Likes

Only Kelly and Gina are female ROs who don’t have a completed romance scene. They are not yet added in beta.

2 Likes

This is an interesting exception to the rule. I don’t know of the odds of you having two social skills equal to one another. There are a number of situations where I give you the opportunity to be persuasive or intimidating or use leadership, but they tend to slow the game down. I could vary them, but I don’t know if I want to write that much code for 5% of the characters who have equal social skills.

However, if there are specific cases you can point out where this becomes extremely important, I would be willing to add a choice in the case of a character with equal social skills.'s

Yes, there this is definitely something I want to add.

Yes, I need to add this. Thank you.

9 Likes

@JimD I have a suggestion would you add a cheat menu?

6 Likes

Can we room with survivor families as well as the nephew? Ex. Madison and Brody, Reilly and Nora? I believe that they would also yield different scenes.

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s very important but when trying to help your nephew up the hill in Part 2, different social_skill have different effects on your nephew with intimidation being more negative than the rest. This also happens when making your nephew kill a zombie for the first time. Another thing that could be considered somewhat important is your social_skill when threatening Shirley in Part 3. Intimidation will have negative effects regardless of you succeeding in the threat while for the other two skills there is no negative effect when you succeed and has a reduced negative effect compared to Intimidation when you fail to succeed.

2 Likes

I just checked. If you choose to go after them with a group, then Jaime comes along no matter what and always gets you spotted, even if you’re trying to be stealthy…

Yeah, what I mean is that if a group goes out, all the noise they’d be making traveling through woodland brush, and the flashlights being used (because it’s almost midnight and dark out) would give away their position for at least a dozen meters. Regardless of whether Jamie tags along, a group is going to get noticed by humans, and would probably attract every zombie within, say, a mile/km radius, since lights in the dark are very attractive.

2 Likes

Hi! @JimD I have a quick question. When we build infirmary the texts says we need someone who knows medicine to use it. Is it possible to assign MC or do we need to train someone from our group?

4 Likes

Bailey has medical experience

7 Likes

So does Lopez and Nora

2 Likes

Silver-corn Militia

This still makes me laugh.

He drops to the ground, folding his legs, and punches the ground.

Eli stops next to Kevin and looks down at his son on the ground. "Why you sitting on the ground?

@JimD I think I’ve raised this before but I gotta ask why Kevin sits on the floor the way he does in front of the whole group.

Jaime clears his throat. “We’re staying?”

Rachel puts on a curious face. “As opposed to what?”

I can almost see and hear Rachel when she says this. It’s so her. I love this woman.

Summary

Got a crash while trying to load a save

Everyone else look disturbed by your words.

*looks disturbed

She pulls you off to the side, clear of the rest of the group. “I seriously would love to, but I’m afraid how it will look to the others. I know that shouldn’t matter, but this is an important moment. To survive this outbreak, every move we make must be perfect. Perception is part of it.”

Rachel didn’t mind pairing off initially but now she doesn’t want to. Was this intentional?

Second-in-command: Kelly
Cook: Jaime
Quartermaster: Kelly

I like that we can assign roles at the Junkyard, though 2 of the 3 roles were already decided earlier. I’m not sure this is intentional but as it is, we can assign second-in-command to someone who already has a key role. It seems like a heavy load for a single person, unless this actually has consequences down the line.

He puts his hands on the sides of his hands and stretches his mouth open wide. "I hyperventilated and had to sit in the medical tent for like an hour.

I was taken aback when the nephew said he hyperventilated. I didn’t think he would know what the word means or how to spell it at his age. Maybe he could try to say it and the MC corrects him. That would show that he is a learner but not necessarily gifted (lack of a better term), unless you mean to imply that the nephew is actually that kid.

I’m just as worried as you. We’re going to do our best to make this place."

Missing quotation mark at the start.

“That’s good to hear. Thank you for tying me how you feel about them.”

*telling

A suggestion: I feel that an MC with a high relationship with the nephew and perhaps a high empathy/search skill could also offer praise about how observant the nephew is after telling us how he thought the Silverthornes showed signs of lying.

Something like:

“That’s good to hear. You made a very clever observation about them. Thanks for telling me.”

I don’t think Mr. Eli understand about the infected and how dangerous it is out there."

*understands

Even when those militia people left the hill, Jamie wasn’t worried about them. But then Rachel is always worried. She doesn’t sleep that much and doesn’t eat that much.

Jim you really nailed this. The nephew has brilliant insight. This whole dialogue was written well. It is consistent with the nephew’s age but also reveals how intuitive he is. I thoroughly enjoy conversations with the boy.

She seems sad a lot, but I don’t know how to make her feel better. I picked her a flower before we left the hill. She smiled and put it in her hair but when she walked away, I think she was crying."

Wow. That’s…really sweet. I really want to bring this up to Rachel, seeing that a lot of her is still shrouded.

7 Likes

Probably not, but after the game is all finished I want to go back and add difficulties. Most likely making an easy, normal and hard mode. Easy would be the equivalent of cheating.

I can add it to the wish list but this feature would actually add a considerable amount of coding. I would have to think about whether or not I can spend that much time on it. I do agree it would be a cool feature.

That’s one of the better typos. I use a speech to text program and when I’m in the zone, I don’t read over what I’ve written.

Anger, frustration. When people are that upset they do strange things.

I thought this was based on relationship score. I will check again.

This also gives the option to change those in these roles.

I didn’t mean to do this intentionally, but now I sort of like the idea of one person being overburdened.

I think he would have heard that from his mother and picked up on. I do like the idea of him getting it wrong and being corrected. I’ll make that change.

Yes, great suggestion.

You will definitely be able to bring it up to her.

Yes MC can do being assigned to the infirmary or you can train someone.

These are good examples. I’ll give them a look and make some adjustments, or give a choice instead of just using the highest social skill.

14 Likes

If Jim ends up adding that, which I hope he doesn’t I think it should be up to the choices you make, maybe you ran out of supplies or you made the wrong choice.

3 Likes

Also, if we play as a teenager mc will our relationship with rachel be platonic if we chose her as out RO? Maybe not romantic since she doesn’t have feelings for us atm or will she develop them further into the story?

2 Likes

As you prepare to start your work task for the day, Julian bumps into you center of the yard. “I feel like taking a walk. Come with me.” She takes your hands and pulls you towards the Junkyard’s main gate.

Believe it should Be Jillian opposed to Julian.

4 Likes

Maybe, there might be a time jump somewhere in the story where the teen becomes 18 and Rachel just says “Ok, let’s give it a go!”?

3 Likes

I would sit with him when he prays God. He said it was peaceful, and even if I didn’t believe in God, it helps to set alone and think about life and your family and your friends.

*prays to God
*sit alone

I now sometimes adults need alone time with each other, so if you ever need to be alone with her, just let me know and I can go stay with Jamie.

*know

I don't understand why we call him Lopez. His name is Cristian. I've never met anybody in the @{prof_military military besides you,|before him,} but he doesn't really talk about it much.

Put “army”/“military” before the *if check

Sometimes she’s so nice to me, and then other times she tells me I bothering her for no reason. She treats me like a little brother.

*I’m bothering

He nods and his eyes go wide. "Last time she yelled at me, Brody said it was her time of the month. I asked why May 16 was so important to her, and he just laughed and walked away.

Classic nephew

I noticed during these interactions with the nephew, time doesn’t pass. Is this part of the design?

And old yellow couch with brown flowers takes up the middle of the room

*An

Next you find some kind of scaling device used to take off the skills of a fish.

*scales

I identify with hat, not 'cause I’m any of those things, but I strive to be better.

*that

Rachel blows out a long sigh. "Well said. It gunship of that nature leads to so many questions

*A gunship

I only wanted to help people, because of hurt others for so long."

*I’ve

*set end_ch8_with "Rachel"
*if teenager
  *if main_ro = "Rachel"
    *set main_ro ""
  *if second_ro = "Rachel"
    *set second_ro ""

So in the end, Rachel can’t be (or rather won’t be) a teen player’s RO? I’m glad that Rachel sat down with us to tell all but argh this sucks. I thought teens could still try to build something with her like more of a slow burn Wayhaven style romance, even if it doesn’t lead to night time wrestling.

@JimD could we get a little insight to the teen-Rachel relationship? I feel so conflicted about it.

7 Likes