Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 3 - releasing 3/3/2022

@CreoleGuy519 Aaaah, ok. I honestly haven’t played the other parts in forever so I completely forgot who everyone was. That clears things up nicely.

@JimD

I noticed in Part 3’s beta. There’s a possibility of Brody romancing Bailey if the MC hadn’t done it themselves already.

Considering the fan bases love for Brody’s twin - Maddie. This seems a bit unfair.

College MC’s can romance every female except Madison. Yet Bailey (who’s roughly the same age as College MC) gets with Brody… Madison’s twin.

I choose College MC because that’s what feels like myself when I self-insert. And I absolutely love the story as a College MC. It’s just one problem - Romancing Madison.

My favorite ROs - Are Bailey, Madison, and Jillian.

Could you perhaps allow College MCs to romance Madison early in Part 3? Like maybe the Romance starts from the makeshift prom??

3 Likes

I think this is reasonable at this stage. I think it would make sense at the start of Part 3 to begin flirting with them and building a relationship.

A note to everyone – I will be updating the public beta of Part 3 on 9/5/2021 with chapter 11.

36 Likes

Speaking of Madison, fingers crossed she’ll be in Chapter 11

3 Likes

Same here, we still have some martinis to scavenge. :tropical_drink:

3 Likes

I’m excited about the rivalry that will happen between the College mc and Eli’s child then. :smirk:

9 Likes

On the other hand gay college age mc’s will still always watch Brody get snatched by Bailey.

Fortunately for me I already have a teenage mc and my other mc’s all already have their ro’s too.

1 Like

Not gonna lie I always play ruthless character as mc and when Kevin trying to get close to madison I feel like I wanted to kill him lol

1 Like

There is an easy solution to this. Let Bailey die on the hill. Then you don’t have to watch it at all later. :smiley: If other friends die in the process, well, sacrifices have to be made sometimes.
I’m not saying I did that when my medic was romancing Lopez, but I’m not saying I didn’t do it either.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who wants to recruit the Red Mambas? They’re definitely not as shady as…literally everyone else.

15 Likes

I have updated the public beta version with chapter 11. I’m looking forward to reading all feedback.

https://dashingdon.com/play/jimd/zombie-exodus-safe-haven-part-3-public-beta/mygame/

30 Likes

When I am heading to the military depot and stop off by the cottage, this appears when I say, select any of the four options, - ‘chapter11 line 940: invalid @{} at letter 11; there should be at least one pipe | to separate options’

2 Likes

When I tried to enter the decontamination chamber, I got an error message saying, “chapter11 line 1946: Expected option starting with #.”

Lopez describes his trip to Safe Haven Tristan. Tristan. Using the depot’s coordinates, he located a mountain range in which it was built. Searching the area first by vehicle and then on foot, he found an entrance tucked below a large rocky overhang. No clear path led to the entrance. After a short time searching for other ways into the depot, he left Gareth and took a service road on the opposite side of the mountain range.

Small continuity error, Dante was the one who went to Gareth in my run where everyone survives.

There was also a tiny coding error where Sean is telling Jaime what happened.

I already went over this with Rachel and first name. If they show up here, I'll deal with it.

I don’t usually reply to threads, so sorry for any formatting issues! Regardless, I’m still enjoying the new chapter so far! Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same error for me with trying to enter the decontamination chamber.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m having the same error

1 Like

This is now fixed, and I will work on the continuity error. Thank you!

8 Likes

I was just wondering, (just a suggestion) if you go into the glass room and die, could you write a scene where the search party that comes after you, since you’ve failed to turn up to the rendezvous, finds you as a zombie? If the RO is in the search party, it would be great to see their reaction and whether they could kill your zombie form or not. I would definitely want to see how Madison or Bailey react.

12 Likes

I have a problem with Chapter 11, and it is when I go to the cabin on the way to Lancelot and I run into the “woman with a machete in hand”, no matter what I choose I get this error IMG_20210905_170124|690x335

I do not know why it happens, although I do not know if it is why I am using a saved game from chapter 7, or because of any of my character’s stats

Edit: I’ve tried skipping straight to chapter 11 and going from there but the result is the same so I don’t know what the problem is…

2 Likes

To elaborate on this point, the relevant line is {trapped_by_fern "Now that I'm down,Since I'm here}, which is just missing a | between “down,” and “Since”.

A very low-level possible continuity error in the Fern conversation is that at count = 5 on line 1096, she “maneuvers a finger through one of the bandages on her arm” even if you treat her wound (line 1125), where you might use gauze or leave it unwrapped, depending on your available resources.

Excited to see the rest of the chapter, just posting some stuff as I go.

4 Likes

Only managed to get through to the end of the conversation with Fern, so here are my notes on that:

Comments
*if deep_sleeper
  *set fatigue %+(round((100-sta)/5))

Shouldn’t it decrease fatigue if you sleep more?

If you are going out, check with me for a list of places to scavenge or camps to scouts.

Should be “camps to scout.”

If you have any questions, check with me.

${firstname} is here now, so you can follow up with ${him} if you have any questions,"

Military leadership and Rachel as a second-in-command; she probably shouldn’t be contradicting herself within three sentences… (I get that she could have seen you in that time, but even then, she should acknowledge that she’s retracting her previous statement.)

“I don’t know, Rachel. It may sound good to you, since you’re trained for this, but no one else in our group has your kind of expertise,” Kelly says.

Kelly might not be with the group.

Only a few days ago a simple mistake led to our friends getting killed.

Only Eli had to die; the others might not have been in the group for the battle. Presumably there should be some check on the value of junkyard_battle_killed.

*if parker_join
  Parker @{kelly_join and Kelly walk|walks}
*if not(parker_join) and kelly_join
  Kelly walks
towards the front of the Junkyard.

Won’t make sense if you’ve got neither Parker nor Kelly.

It feels somewhat weird that defending Rachel/Jaime when Sean’s badmouthing them will reduce your truth and ideal stats. You could believe what you’re saying, and it doesn’t seem unidealistic to believe in a leader, especially Jaime.

Fifty minutes later, you stand in the equipment room in the main house with Rachel, and Sean.

Presumably there should be some extra text here if none of Lopez, Dante, Tommy, and Bailey are available. (And preferably get rid of that comma… :sweat_smile:)

“I’m not confident in this plan. Sending out individuals to recon each location makes sense in traditional combat arenas, but this is different. These are mostly untrained and unproven civilians who are risking their lives without the benefit of backup. It’s times like this I wish I knew the right way to handle the situation.”

I realise that Rachel is just second-guessing herself here, but it reads like she’s criticising someone else’s plan. Maybe it could be reworded to make it clear that she knows she’s talking about her own plan?

It sucks that I’m going alone, but I’m just going to scout the place and head back quickly. Trust me, I’m not going to put myself at any huge risk to break into this place. I wish more people could go with me, but if everyone leaves the Junkyard we’re open to attack. And if we don’t scout all of these locations soon, other survival groups will find them. This is in the best plan, but it’s the only one that will work."

Should start with a quotation mark. Also, while I assume it should be “This isn’t the best plan”, by definition if only one plan will work, that is the best plan, so maybe it should be reworded.

Why not send this out together to one depot?"

Why not send us out…

Most of the pack is already crossed the road

Should be “is already across” or “has already crossed”

The shambling dead still on the road turned in unison towards the sounds of the engine

Should be in present tense (“turn”).

One slams into your back wheel, it’s body caught as it turns.

Should be “its body caught”. Also, should this count for the zombie kills total? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Take a short walk ahead of your vehicle and look down the road.

This will either read as “You Take…” (if you don’t see the house) or just as “Take…” (if you do). Either way, it should be “You take…”

This lasts a few more minutes before you @{(vehicle = “motorcycle”) climb back onto your motorcycle.|Get back inside your ${vehicle}.}

“Get” shouldn’t be capitalised.

Switching to AM, you scan through more static and pick up feint Country Western music.

Should be “faint”.

He wrote a book called The Three Musketeers you all my like.

Should be “may like”.

A small swarm of infected are blocking me. I figured I’d check in with you while I wait for them."

This sounds like you’re waiting for them to attack you, not move past, and Jaime shouldn’t think that’s good.

I’m guide you reached out.

Should be “glad”.

It won’t be long before the zombies are gone..

Should either have only one full stop/period or should have three.

You’re not driving fast enough for it to cause a problem, but it slows you down long enough for you to spot a cabin set back from the woods fifty paces or so.

Should be a check for if you already saw it. And it feels weird to increase ideal for looting a house that someone may still be living in… Also, I’d like to have the option to visit the cottage just to talk with any survivors, especially since we may have already seen one.

The woman let’s go of you and straightens out your shirt.

Should be “lets”

@{trapped_by_fern "Now that I’m down,Since I’m here}

Should be @{trapped_by_fern "Now that I’m down,|"Since I’m here,} or something similar.

If I can be proud of the stranger that is,

I assume this should be “proud of a stranger…”

I use to respect the military but recently they’ve become bandits.

Should be “I used to…”

You see no reason to tell her this is in your uniform, so you just nod to her.

Should be “this isn’t your uniform…”

If you’re an actor or wrestler, Fern reacts positively, but you lose faction points with her. Also, the check for whether you gave her a false name is inverted.

I was Supposed to be at that event, but I was actually on a date.

“Supposed” shouldn’t be capitalised.

Dexter lifts his head and looks over his shoulder. He stands and walks into the woods.

Dexter only appears if you attack Fern, so when you talk to her, he’s just randomly mentioned without any introduction.

#“What are you doing out here.”

Should end with question mark.

I made it to one of those FEMA camps and stayed with a group of survivors for a few days.

If these are the Silverthorns, the text should acknowledge if you claimed to be a member or already asked her about them.

Out Three Strikes is one of my favorite films of all time. My father was a huge baseball fan and used to coach. We would watch that movie all the time together.

I’ve been on my own since I was sixteen.

I’m not entirely sure of the relative ages of Fern and the actor MC, but it seems weird that she would watch what I can only assume is one of their movies with her father and still have been living alone by sixteen… And did she go skiing with her stepfather before or after this?

“I’m pretty sure Eli has dementia or even Alzheimer’s disease. Kevin is very defensive because he’s protective of his father.”

Would a truthful MC mention that Eli died?

She pauses and then Nods slowly.

“Nods” shouldn’t be capitalised. Also, should asking Fern about the depot be a choice?

Regarding Brody, I definitely think that if student MCs can romance Madison, they should be able to romance Brody as well, even if Bailey’s present.

5 Likes