Zombie Exodus and Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Hints and Tips

I’m dying here! Help please. I’m blind as a mole, and since my glasses broke in the second day i think, I haven’t found any others. Where do I find them? Or am I cursed to be blind forever?

Edit: Aaand, another question. How high in percent my persuasion / leadership stat must be to get away with the less violent choices when encounter Dillan’s group while accompanying Jillian and Lyle?
I have played that part like, three times already and Lyle always gets shooted. Maybe I’m picking the wrong option? Someone knows what option triggers what stat? Aside for the intimidation one. That’s very obvious.

1 Like

@Yklewz

The answer to your 2nd question:-

To get peaceful resolution your mc need to have more than 50 persuasion.
Take charge and order needs more than 50 leadership.
Threaten them would need more than 50 intimidation
Trick them would need more than 50 persuasion.

1 Like

Late reply but Sifer counts as a death for that scene.

OMG! Thank you so much :")

1 Like

Here is a list of all obtainable glasses in Part 1:

1. If you chose the suburbs, Sean’s house on Day 2.
  2. Steal them off of a wounded Lopez/loot off his corpse when he first appears on Day 2.
  3. Kill Croston, one of the three soldiers that come for Lopez on Day 2.
  4. If you chose the city, let Gina kill George/kill both yourself and search his corpse on Day 2.
  5. Ask Jaime to bring you glasses on Day 3, he will deliver after rescue.
  6. Inside the school library on Day 3.
  7. Inside the nurses office on Day 3.
4 Likes

Thanks a lot.

Thats strange, since Sifer is a scripted death and so getting No death would be Impossible

Indeed, but it kinda doesn’t make sense for her to count since you can’t do anything to save her unlike Tomy who you can deliberately save.

2 Likes

From a mechanical perspective it doesn’t make sense but from a story/character perspective you could argue it wouldn’t make sense for Jaime to care about any of the other characters dying, even those he didn’t know for very long, but not Sifer specifically.

1 Like

I thought more of the authors point of view, to me it would not make sense to write a scene that No one will ever read, as Sifer always dies. And that others claim that they had the scene with Jaime seems to hint that in an all survivor scenario Sifer is excluded.

I will give it a try and see, If I get the Scene. So this post will be edited later today :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

How can you get Rachel to be the leader? Jaime or I always end up being it.

You need to make sure some people don’t end up joining group - Driver , Rosie , Dante or Tommy( pick 3 and kill them or don’t invite them into group ) And Don’t stand in election .

All of them?
Thanks btw :flushed:

Sifer only appears on the hill if you have met her and she is not dead already, you can go without ever having encountered her. I imagine this doesn’t happen for most people so very few people see the full scene.

You need to win the battle and need really HIGH persuasion to get the scene.

To clear things up entirely here’s the code copy pasted. I would post a picture but I can’t embed media items in a post apparently:

Spoilers?

*if (jaime_like > 0) and (jaime_makeout = false)

#I try to catch Jaime's eye in order to get him to make out for a bit.
  *set impulse %-10
  *set jaime_makeout true
  As Jaime focuses on the engine, you lean forwards into the hood close to him. He glances over to your neck as a drop of sweat glides down it. As he watches, you move in until your hip bumps his leg.

"What are you doing?"
  *if (jaime_faction >= 60) and (jaime_saw_lopez_kiss = false)
    he says with a smile.

"What?" You give him your most innocent act.

*if (group_killed_ch5 > 0) or sifer_death_scene
      *label JaimeDenies
      "Okay, I know what you're doing, and I would love to get out of this engine, but I need to get this fixed. We aren't safe here, and we're too far to walk anywhere. We got to focus. I'm sorry."

"I understand. You're right."
      *goto JaimeChoices
    *else
      *gosub JaimeHoodKiss
      the urge to have Jaime throw you down in the front seat where he can be yours for a while.
      When the kiss ends, Jaime's eyes stay closed.
      *label JKissEnd
      "This is crazy. We had all that time before the outbreak, and we never…you know, hooked up or whatever you want to call it. It took this mess to get us going, and now we have so little time to spend together. It's like God's playing games with us."

You smile and touch his cheek. "We have time tonight, when we're going to sleep. We all have to sleep."

He nods, takes your hand, and kisses it. "Tonight."
      *goto JaimeChoices
  *else
    *label JaimeHarsh
    he says in a harsher tone than you'd expect.

"Sorry, I was just trying to take your mind off this for a minute."

"I get it, but I need to get this fixed. We aren't safe here, and we're too far to walk anywhere. We got to focus. I'm sorry."
    *goto JaimeChoices
#I attack Jaime to get him to makeout for a bit.
  *set impulse %+10
  *set jaime_makeout true
  As Jaime focuses on the engine, you lean forward into the hood and touch his back. He jumps at your touch.

"What are you doing?"
  *if (jaime_faction >= 60) and (jaime_saw_lopez_kiss = false)
    he says with a smile.

"What?" You give him your most innocent act.

*goto JaimeDenies
    *else
      "Get over here," he says and hooks the front of your pants with his finger. You slide over into a kiss, but once you're there, you take charge.
      *if str >= 60
        You grab his shirt and spin him around until his back is sprawled over the engine. 
      *if str < 60
        You shove him hard, and he responds by leaning backwards over the engine.
      With a sudden leap, you climb onto him until your full weight is upon him, and the two of you writhe and shake the vehicle on its axis. Your hands move down his body as he holds you in place, and his grunts and groans echo under the hood.

As you lose all sense of time and place, Jaime suddenly forces you back, and you step down to the ground. 

He stands tall and touches his lips.
      *goto JKissEnd
  *else
    *goto JaimeHarsh

Don’t know why the first line is separate from the others but anyways this is for the Steam version perhaps it’s different in the other versions.

3 Likes

Will consider and try to update. Thanks much!

Appreciate this, thanks. Main takeaway for me is that neither Persuasion nor Intimidation affects the scene and I’ve always thought they did.

I think I understand a bit, considering faction clause is usually met. Not sure if group_killed_ch5 refers to Part 5 or “character 5” and what it means tho. Concerning the first line, I’ve tried avoiding making out with Jaime until the scene, but I still can’t get JKiss or JaimeHarsh. It’s cool that the two choices have different endings.

This leaves me thinking if I need to control the impulse stat or it’s something else entirely. Ugh, what am I missing?

Indeed with romances there’s usually a passive option or assertive option for engaging in activity. To clarify JaimeHarsh happens if your relationship is on the rocks not as an alternate choice if I’m interpreting your text right that is apologies if you didn’t need this clarified at all. For some reason the passive option’s scene is placed elsewhere in the code, you’ll still see it in gameplay it’s just kind of roundabout.

This is the rub, the first value ticks if any non scripted character dies during chapter 5, ie the hill fight, however even if you manage to avoid that you will inevitably to be stopped by the sifer_death_scene value, which happens no matter what, unless you specifically avoid ever meeting Sifer or have her die early on.

2 Likes

Yea no, sorry forgot I was trying to get the kiss lol. Also, I thought before that Athletics, Stealth or something would affect the assertive option.

I think it’s like if (group_killed_ch5 > 0) and (“avoid or kill Sifer”)?

Thanks a lot again btw!