Zombie Exodus and Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Hints and Tips

This is the place to ask for help or find out spoilers for @JimD’s games: Zombie Exodus and Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven

There is a separate discussion/feedback thread (located here: Discussion Thread ) and a separate fanfiction/fanart thread (located here: ZE and ZE:SH Fan Works ) as well.

This is the place where you find out how to save Lopez at the beginning of ZE:SH or how to survive the bandit attack on the church in ZE.

ZE:SH Frequently Asked Questions

Release Date for Part 1: 10-28-16
Release Date for Part 2 1.0: 3-21-18
Release Date for Part 2 2.0: 3-21-19

RO as of this latest release (3-21):
Bailey: playersexual
Brody: playersexual
Gina: bisexual, aromantic
Jillian: bisexual
Jaime: bisexual
Kelly: playersexual
Lopez: bi/homosexual, (relationship +75 needed if female + high persuation)
Madison: playersexual
Rachel: playersexual
Reilly: playersexualbisexual
Tommy: homosexual (and nb MCs)
Woody: bi/heterosexual , (relationship +75 needed if male + high persuasion)
Rosie: lesbian

*Teenagers have Madison and Brody available for romance right away, the others will stay as friends - at least for now. (up to part 2 2.0)

The list will be updated as information is found out.

Scripted Deaths attributed to pre-production auction:
Sifir
Nathan
Benji

Scheduled Changes and Bug Fixes, Part 2 2.0
  • Scout the area around camp.
  • Read Trisha’s notebook.
  • Email Julianne and Jason.
  • Set up a SurvNext server.
  • Romance 2-3 characters.
  • Be a leader. Be a follower.
  • Kill a group member.
  • Celebrate Mother’s Day.
  • Go to the Lake.
  • Scavenge the caravan.
  • Reinforce camp.
  • Fight another survivor group.
  • Triy multiple Challenges.
  • Train your group.
  • Receive training.
  • Train your nephew to kill zombies.
How To Recruit NPC Characters

Lopez: Appears in front of your house on Day 2, between 10 and 12. He pretty much just needs to know you exist, so as long as you go out to help him (or even steal from him, apparently), then he should turn up at the end of Part 1.

Tommy: I think you might need to go out to the crowd outside the Makarov’s house at the end of Day 1, just to let him know you exist, but the important scene is Day 2, between 12 and 2. Help him (and be nice to him), and he should turn up again at the end of Part 1, and may agree to join you, if asked. Note: Empathy is important here. (You can also try to manipulate his want for revenge, which requires less Empathy…)

Dante: Appears in front of your house on Day 2, between 2 and 4. Save him from the zombies. (High Ranged will let you snipe them, but you can also use other methods.) Then he should also turn up again at the end of Part 1.

(Note: all three of the above characters will appear at any point in their time windows as long as your character is at home, so don’t spend the entire time out at the three-story house…)

Jillian: Will turn up at your house at the end of Day 2 with Lyle. It’s best to be kind, but not weak here. Call them out on stuff (Jillian going through your stuff, Lyle faking his blindness), but don’t throw them out. Cook a meal for them. If they like you enough, then they’ll stick around (if not, they’ll abscond with your possessions…), or at least Jillian will. (Lyle will always either leave or die. To save him, since he may be back later, follow them on the morning after, and use Leadership/Intimidation/Persuasion on Dillan when he tries to kill them; fighting may work here, but I’m not sure.)

Driver: Outside the school. If you’re a hacker or teen, you can avoid him entirely, but if not, talk your way past him. Don’t try to distract him, as this can lead to his getting zombied. After the school mission, he should turn up again, and can join.

Rosie: When she’s trapped in the auditorium, save her. Like Driver, she’ll turn up after the school mission.

It should be obvious, but don’t kill any of these characters (or Gina, who’ll join in Part 2) if you want them on your team. Also, I know that Jillian may try to kill Rosie and/or Driver after the school mission, but I have no idea how this is triggered, or how to stop it once it starts.

In Part 2, Reverend Church and Gina will turn up. I think all you have to do is not kill them or turn them away. There’s also Sifer, who always dies, but can give you good items when she goes. To meet her, visit the boarded-up house on Day 2 of Part 1.

NPC Statistical Details

Bailey—Athletics (3), Close-Combat Weapons (2), Empathy (3), Search (2), Stealth (2).

Brody—Athletics (4), Close-Combat Weapons (3), Empathy (2), Hand-to-Hand Combat (3), Search (2), Survival (4).

Church—Crafting (3), Driving (3), Empathy (4), Hand-to-Hand Combat (2), Leadership (3), Persuasion (2), Ranged Weapons (3).

Dante—Athletics (4), Close-Combat Weapons (4), Driving (2), Hand-to-Hand Combat (4), Intimidation (3), Scavenging (3), Search (4), Stealth (3).

Driver—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (3), Driving (5), Hand-to-Hand Combat (3), Intimidation (3), Ranged Weapons (2), Search (2).

Gina—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (3), Crafting (5), Driving (3), Electronics (3), Hand-to-Hand Combat (3), Leadership (3), Ranged Weapons (3), Scavenging (2), Science (2).

Jaime—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (3), Cooking (3), Driving (2), Electronics (2), Empathy (3), Hand-to-Hand Combat (2), Leadership (3), Ranged Weapons (3), Scavenging (2), Science (2), Search (2).

Jillian—Driving (2), Empathy (3), Persuasion (5), Search (3).

Kelly—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (2), Driving (2), Electronics (3), Empathy (2), Leadership (3), Scavenging (2), Science (2), Search (2).

Lopez—Athletics (3), Close-Combat Weapons (4), Driving (2), Hand-to-Hand Combat (3), Persuasion (2), Ranged Weapons (4), Scavenging (3), Search (3), Stealth (2), Survival (3).

Madison—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (2), Crafting (2), Electronics (3), Ranged Weapons (5), Science (3), Search (3), Stealth (2), Survival (4).

Nora—Driving (2), Intimidation (3), Medicine (2), Ranged Weapons (2), Search (2).

Parker—Driving (2), Electronics (2), Empathy (3), Persuasion (2), Science (4).

Rachel—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (2), Driving (2), Empathy (2), Hand-to-Hand Combat (2), Leadership (3), Ranged Weapons (4), Scavenging (2), Search (3), Survival (2).

Reilly—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (3), Cooking (3), Driving (3), Hand-to-Hand Combat (3), Intimidation (4), Ranged Weapons (3), Search (3).

Rosie—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (2), Cooking (3), Driving (3), Hand-to-Hand Combat (2), Intimidation (2), Ranged Weapons (3), Scavenging (3), Search (3), Survival (2).

Tommy—Athletics (5), Close-Combat Weapons (4), Hand-to-Hand Combat (5), Persuasion (3), Ranged Weapons (2), Search (2), Stealth (3).

Woody—Athletics (2), Close-Combat Weapons (3), Cooking (2), Crafting (4), Electronics (3), Empathy (3), Ranged Weapons (2), Scavenging (2), Science (3), Search (3), Stealth (2), Survival (3).

Thanks to @TheDrake for the compilation

88 Likes

Will you update the first post into a sort of FAQ?

(Things like “How do I save Sifer?” for example. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

12 Likes

Sure, great suggestion! You should be a beta tester. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Sorry to be the bearer of horrible news but she’s scripted :cry:

6 Likes

I know; it’s just it’s probably the most frequently asked question on the main thread… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

FAQ updated for ZESH.

4 Likes

To start it off, here’s some tips for allocating people:

Send 4-5 people split between hunting and fishing. No foraging,

Scavenging gives good stuff, food, water.
Set 4 scavs for optimum reward, but sending 5 does give a kevlar vest and some sleeping stuff

For maintaining camp, 3 is optimum but more does give a morale and allegiance boost!

The amount of guards you needs depends on fortifications, but if you have 2 or 3 I think 3-4 guards is a okay.

To keep people alive in the fight have equal numbers of melee, and put driver on the turret.
Then (if high leadership) rally people, then tie rope, else just shoot zombies, save tommy, shoot zombies. If high enough stats should be a-okay

Generally a good strat is to have a social and combat skill, e.g. leadership/persuasion/intimidation and ccw/ranged weapons/ hand2hand

I prefer a moderate leadership, ccw and crafting skill, since for ranged weapons to be fully utilised you’ll need a good scav skill.

Search skill as of now isnt super helpful, but does allow you to spot special things. I think it’ll have a good use in the missions they’ll add in.

I say leadership or persuasion is better than intimidation, as doesn’t lead to relationship decreases.

Uh wear a Kevlar vest if you wanna get in a fight with someone with a gun.

Wear a ghille suit if hunting. It does matter.

Sifer, Nathan and Benji are scripted deaths, so don’t worry about them.

If you have a full-auto gun you can lay down suppressive fire against SM, resulting in no casualties, but you have a hostage!

Oh and Christian is Lopez’s first name, Edgar is Driver’s real name, in case someone mention those names and you were confused about it.

38 Likes

Part 2 task list:

• Scout the area around camp.
  • Read Trisha’s notebook.
  • Email Julianne and Jason.
  • Set up a SurvNext server.
  • Romance 2-3 characters.
  • Be a leader. Be a follower.
  • Kill a group member.
  • Celebrate Mother’s Day.
  • Go to the Lake.
  • Scavenge the caravan.
  • Reinforce camp.
  • Fight another survivor group.
  • Triy multiple Challenges.
  • Train your group.
  • Receive training.
  • Train your nephew to kill zombies.
19 Likes

Will update both FAQs.

6 Likes

Ooh and a generator and gasoline allows you to power your camp.( Maybe in later updates that could include like spotlights, or making greenhouses.)

11 Likes

Ik she has such a strong Fandom

5 Likes
spoiler

What tent are they talking about. Is it the one you disassemble when go to scout the area because i did that but i still dont have the tent.

4 Likes

Yes and no i believe you got one there but if you get the survival item bounce In part 1 thay one works

3 Likes

Whats the surival bounce and how do you get it?

1 Like

Survival bonus(auto correct) you get it by having a high survival skill at the very beginning

2 Likes

If I built the solar powered generator back in part 1, can I use that to power the camp? Also, how can we bring Tommy with us? I was super nice to him but I stayed behind to search his house and asked what he did with the body, I think only the last one got him oeeved at me.

2 Likes

You can search his house, but don’t ask what he did with the body… :sweat_smile: Also, it’s good to have a high Empathy for recruiting him (and Jillian, too).

10 Likes

What does tying the rope do, in the sense of winning the battle?

1 Like

Thank you! I figured that’s what did me in. Me and my damn curiosity.

3 Likes

Helps everyone get up-- I think it effectively helps our dog, Nora, nephew all at once.

Just make sure enough zombies killed beforehand

4 Likes