Zeus' Dilemma (WiP - Last Updated 06/14/21)

i haven’t read the demo yet recently, but i think the author was intending you to greet him first before choosing the question? that may have to change though, because of the awkwardness if you choose the question first…

1 Like

Congrats on finishing chapter 3!

I really liked the reaction of our demigod to the “real” world, they know it thanks to the films/social media but are still completely lost and inexperienced, looks like they will face some weird situation in the future! Especially since they are the only one on the group completely lost.

I didn’t try the choices for avoiding the quest and wanting to go back at MOA, but they seem also interesting.

At first sight I thought that the chapter was a bit smaller, but after replaying it I realized you did a lot of branching to explore the city! Looks promising to replay them.

I also thought that after leaving MOA our demigod would not really gain more skills, I was really surprised to see that the harpies battle gave some more stat. Our demigod is still learning !

I found some small typos (some have already been given I think). They are also still some leftovers from the I POV

Chapter 1
  • especially if the action aids in our loss

• The carpet has our dorm colours, green and yellow, intertwining like vines

• After taking one look at the plain wooden desk and dresser the school gave us

• She tilts her head as she looks at me , pulling the corners of her mouth down into a frown

• You enter Main Building after scanning your keycard (the Main Buiding?)

• You make up your mind and head towards (the?) wall next to the buffet line, where the demigod broods.

• He has a resting kind face, and relies on his reputation and his perpetual scowl (to?) do the work in scaring away potential friends for him.

• He’d helped you out then, and although our paths don’t cross much now, you would like to get to know him better.

Chapter 2
  • You and Kai are acquainted, the two of you say hi to each other in the halls. That being said, you’re nowhere near as close to him as Mor is, and definitely not close enough to ask Kai what he and Mor were talking about. Not that I’d really want to.

• His earnest expression grows the tiniest bit apprehensive the second he sees who he’s speaking with, You can see darkness, engulfing you, making your sleep restless and rough. You toss and turn until your sheets get tangled around you, waking up at around midnight in a cold sweat. Had you really slept about half your day away? (I suppose the last part should not be here ?)

• Had you really slept about half my day away?

• Within the blink of an eye, the weapon is back in your hand, and I’m deciding to call the training session over.

• A few of your siblings give you looks as I enter

Chapter 3

s he’s right. This part of the museum has been barely touched (it just needs a capital)

She 's straddling you, a hand placed on each side of your head. You see his Adam’s apple bob as he swallows, looking down at you with a curious gleam in his eye

Leader Stat

I’m a bit confused with this stat, from what I understood it is the name in your code for the extraverted/reserved stat, but sometimes it reflects if the MC is taking the lead/relies on others to take decision, and sometimes it reflects more if the MC is extraverted/reserved. Is it what you wanted, or should it be two different stats?

Ex: in chapter 1 when you interact with M or A at the canteen, the stat is influenced by whether the demigod is shy or confident in his interaction (good described by reserved and extraverted). But in chapter 3 during the battle it is influenced by whether the demigod decides what to do or freezes/asks C (which is closer to a leader/follower stat).

In my head I made the difference: one of my MC doesn’t really like to talk or socialize (which I translated into “reserved”) but takes the lead if she has to during dangerous situation (which means increase of the leader stat and as such she becomes “extraverted”). On the opposite my other character is more on the talkative/charming side but freezes in the face of danger, which gives her high gain of the leader stat in the first two chapters, completely reversed by the chapter 3 battle.

In the end both have the same % of the stat even though they are opposite.

I’m not sure if I haven’t understood the meaning of the stat, or if I differentiated two things that are just one for you. Maybe it is also a phrasing problem? (extraverted/reserved would be more leader/follower? And what I interpreted as “reserved” was stoic and as “extraverted” was more a mix between “emotional” and “charming”?).

3 Likes

@Konoi The idea of someone not having read MB is mindblowing to me. I’m glad I introduced you. Also, thank you for the comments! I’m not sure what’s causing the bacon mishap, I’ll check the code.
@AChubbyBlackCat @Empress_Nightmare Thank you for the errors!
@anon57188313 @Mistyleaf123 That’s intentional, but you’re right that there might be a different option that doesn’t have to do with “greetings”. Just a simple segue into the next set of options. I’ll add that for the next update. I’ll also add a variable to acknowledge the awkwardness (like Mor commenting on the way you spoke to them). Thanks for the suggestion!
@Arthmet Thanks for catching the typos! I’m really having issues with the stat, so probably expect the stats to change drastically between this version and the final version, so I appreciate your comments.

9 Likes

For this stat in particular the easiest imo would be to change your current leader stat to extraverted/reserved and add an unseen leader stat (a bit like your rebellious or chaotic). It’s not perfect, you would still need to check the current choices influencing the leader stat to decide if they are extraverted, leader or both options. Or you could add a leader/follower stat :thinking:
Of course, it depends if you want to change your whole stats system or just a part of it, this is just a suggestion. But the sooner you figure it out the easiest it will be to implement (even for writing it will be better I suppose). Feel free to ask me if you need help for the stats. I’m not sure what I can do but I can try to explain how I understood your current stats for example :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah, I totally agree with @Arthmet about the the extraverted/reserved stat! Since I can’t check out the code, I had trouble pinpointing the issues I had, but now I can put words on it more easily.
I like to play modest and shy characters, as far as relationships go, but who are brave and can take things into their hands if they have to work on something or fight etc.
Not only that, but I tend to like characters whose shyness is related to romance but not overall (that’s why I’m not fond of games that link shy-flirt answers to the general shyness stat).
Of course, that could be too many variables if you’re not confortable with stats, but I agree on the fact leadership could be a separate thing from the extraverted/reserved thing.
I ended quitting to try and play a shy character because each time my MC was being friendly or decisive about some thing, the extraverted one was going up.

6 Likes

me :joy:

But about the stats, I think the leader/follower stat might be a good idea. That in combination with the extrovert/introvert stat bar should give the reader a 'true-er" idea of what they are

6 Likes

Nyx is a Titan right?

She’s definitely more powerful than Zeus though.

1 Like

She is a primordial goddess, personification of night and, sometimes, daugther of Chaos. She has a bunch of titles, but I don’t think she is a bad goddess or something like that.

1 Like

I don’t think she is bad, she is only cool. And Zeus fears everyone, but is a idiot guy with Hera and have some confidence that anyone will kill him. I pity for Hera, but sometimes no. Greek gods are certainly crazy, but I think Nyx one of the best.

1 Like

@Arthmet @Konoi @Jackpot1776 Thank you so much for the suggestions! The hidden stats are actually all there for a very specific reason, so that’s not an option, but I’ll probably add the follower/leader as its own separate bar in the next update OR simply in the final version depending on complexity.

6 Likes

Awesome update. Loved the opportunities to build the MC’s personality a bit more.

You haven’t changed the update date in the title btw. (Easy thing to miss) :slight_smile:

1 Like

The update was amazing it was nice to finally see the mc fight XD

2 Likes

oh
oho
what’s this ?
that’s some god powered bullshit what happened there in that hotel restaurant
but I’ll allow it
M looked at me

2 Likes

After final scene of demo:
Me: (Walks over to Mc and co, slaps coupon book for free hugs onto table.)
“You are gonna need this.”

9 Likes

Ah, yes. We finally know what all the fuss is about!

1 Like

Hey guys what sup I am trying to pit this two characters against each other Idk who will win so I am just leaving it to u guys rivalry from parent to child XD

1 Like

I love demigod MC’s! The story is really interesting. I am playing a kinda nice but disinterested person in social relationships, so we’ll see how that shapes the story up! Keep up the good work :slight_smile: I also found a few mistakes in the writing, here:

Bugged text?

His earnest expression grows the tiniest bit apprehensive the second he sees who he’s speaking with,You can see darkness, engulfing you, making your sleep restless and rough. You toss and turn until your sheets get tangled around you, waking up at around midnight in a cold sweat. Had you really slept about half your day away?

especially since you don’t love gossip nearly as much as him.

Bugged Text 2.0

You eave the library, stepping down the stairs carefully, and turning in the direction of the Athena dorm.

Repeating Text

He makes a gesture with his hands, and the group stands up one by one, heading over to the make-shift dance that’s forming.

Apparently, the demigod holds some pull within that little group. He hisses something back, which causes Valerie to erupt into giggles.

Unfortunately, you can’t really discern what else is happening. The group looks to be arguing about coffee and caramel, although why or who’s on which side, you aren’t able to figure out.

Finally, the Returner makes a gesture with his hands, and the group stands up one by one, heading over to the make-shift dance that’s forming.

Apparently, the demigod holds some pull within that little group.

1 Like

Please for the love of God make this game, I love Greek mythology, and even though I have some problems with the no Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. (Still working with that) but you can still interact with them. Maybe in the next iteration you can be or in the next series you build off this one but man I am looking forward to this.

2 Likes

This was a really fun read and I can’t wait to see what happens next! Also, Kai is fantastic and I am in love.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy:
I love how you implemented other’s games into your own- read this just as I finished playing some of the others lmao

6 Likes