Yeoman. Set in medieval England you must make a life for yourself

After leaving ford alone after the insult the duke releases me:
You leave the angry young man and ask a servant where you will be staying in the castle. But before the servant can lead you to your new quarters another comes running summoning you back to the Baron. Knocking upon the door you enter and face the man. “Well lad I had hoped you would prove a brave squire but your actions with my squire Ford has shown me that you are to meek to prove a knight. A knight must never refuse a fight if offered one and never walk away from insults. You will now return home for I will not have a squire who lacks fire and dignity. Good day.” So saying he leaves you dumbfounded and sorry. You return home until you can find another knight who would take you as squire. That is if you hadn’t been killed in the largest Scottish raid (every) a mere two months later.

This is incorrect I believe you mean “ever”?

After asking ford if he has a problem with me:
“Yes I do. You come (hear) with naught to prove yourself and you are to be squire to the lord I had to prove myself to before he would accept me! No if you cannot best me in a duel then you are not fit for anything.” Saying this he plucks off one of his leather gloves and lightly slaps you in the face with it. You are startled by the sudden action yet lose no time in reaction.
Do you mean “here”?

I only received this after killing the bandit in cold blood after defeating him with my sword or bow.

Yeah that’s when I got it too but I wouldn’t have the choice any other way

What do you mean “the choice”?

I prefer the killing him in cold blood over the two other choices.

But I settled for taking him as a prisoner for 50 extra coins

It ends no matter what after ford challenges you to a duel right? Or am I just being dumb?

I was talking about the bandit on the road.

i like what i seen so far, only thing i am not a fan of is the abrupt scene changes.

there is not a lot of world building outside of what you are doing at key points i would like a bit more scenery?
also if you could maybe a bit more spaced out text before it start too become a wall?

apart from that the idea is fun and what i seen so far is very good?
oh before i forget might there be a way too have a fail state that is not - you fail, now you die in some manner-

fail against the bandit = lose money / some health maybe
fail against the first attack no better sword / bow have too do something else too prove yourself somehow?

Sorry I was gone for so long. If you guys are still looking into this WIP I linked a new thread since I can no longer edit this one. I appreciate all the feedback and I will be implementing many of the suggestions from this thread. Thanks for the grammar help and other suggestions Kelvin they do help and I will be focusing on fixing those problems. BTW Kelvin “Yew” is a historical term the famous english/welsh warbows were made of the wood. There was even several laws protecting the Yew so that they would not all be cut down to make bows since the wood was so widely used for bows!

1 Like

Hi and Welcome back :smiley: