(WIP) The Fate of the Empire [UPDATED: 29/8/21]

@Aditya_Baishya
If by allies you mean giving seats to nobles who are not heads of families then no.
Such an action would be considered an amendment to the Shura and as such would need to be voted on first.

If you mean making allies of those already in the Shura by various means then yes. In fact, it is a standard practice of your father, the current Emperor.

@Javor @Custodes Nice questions, I will add an encyclopedia of the Empire to the stats screen in the next update.

Imperial Army

The Imperial Army is 350,000 strong. The army is divided into six corps of 50,000 each, stationed in the kingdoms and Riyasan proper.
No army units are allowed in Karcia except for the Imperial Guard.

Organization of the Imperial army

Corps (50,000)
Division (10,000)
Regiment of cavalry or brigade of foot (1000)
Squadron or Battalion (200)
Company (100)
Squad (10)

Imperial Guard

The Imperial Guard is composed of cavalry, infantry and artillery. In total its strength is 2200
The cavalry is in total 1000 strong and further divided into; Cuirassiers (400), Lancers (400) and Dragoons (200).
The infantry is in total 1000 strong and is completely composed of grenadiers
The artillery is in total 200 strong and operates 40 8pounder guns

Imperial Navy

The Naval flag of Riyasan.

There are 73 commissioned vessels operating under the Imperial navy.
12 are Ships of the line.
21 Cruisers
16 Frigates
24 Corvettes
The flagship of the navy is RNS Augis Sinnah.
The navy is currently in a weakened state (for reasons that will be clear later on)

Noble Houses

There are important houses which are influencial and powerful. They will be introduced gradually.

Population and size of the Empire

The total population of the Empire, according to the latest census is 30 million.
Riyasan proper (6,000,000)
Kingdom of Farisa (8,000,000)
Kingdom of Antera (6,000,000)
Kingdom of Filera (7,000,000)
Kingdom of Cirusan (3,000,000)
The population of Karcia is 1 million.
The total area of the Empire is 881,913 km^2

Foreign Powers

There are foreign states which will play a major role. I will add a map in the next update which will easier to understand than reading text.

13 Likes

What if there are my own allies who support me and currently head of their families but not in Shura?

Is it mandatory for all head of families to join Shura? If not, then can I tell my allies to join Shura and support me from there?

Further, how is the relationship between Shura and the King?

Moreover, how many people are currently present in Shura? How many of them currently support the King and the Crown Prince?

2 Likes

What departments exist in the empire and what reforms exist in each? Also, it seems that you can add departments. What kind of departments can you add?

2 Likes

Uhhh heres the thing, its the law for the head of the family to have a seat in the Shura, a memeber doesnt have to be in the captital all the time, its not that people can just join it

3 Likes

As of yet, these departments exist

• Department of Intelligence
  • Department of Treasury
  • Department of Foreign Affairs
  • Department of War/Defence (the name can be changed to one or the other for reasons that will be clear later on.)

The new departments that you can make:

• Department of Administrative Affairs
  • Department of Religion

(All of this is subject to change)

13 Likes

Yeah, I get that. I have few more questions regarding it as this is something new to me.

Does that mean that whenever any important decision Shura has to take then they are called to Capital?

Then apart from being the head of a noble family, what are the other criteria which a person has to fulfil to join Shura?

If thatā€™s the case then what is the current structure through which the Administrative Tasks are carried out in the empire? What are the current problems associated with it along with its benefits to the emperor?

Apart from these, here are few more questions:

1. Where is the headquarters of Shura?
  2. What if the members of Shura commits a crime and other members of Shura is trying to protect that person?
  3. Is it possible for MC to declare emergency in the empire? If yes, what is particular procedure to declare it? What powers are granted to the emperor or the king during the times of emergency?
  4. What if the king commits a crime? Who is going to judge the king? (Apart from rebellion by the common folk)
  5. Is it possible to eliminate/Assassinate the Shura members in order to make space for my allies to take their place? (Here, I am assuming that in a noble family there are people who support me however they are not the current head of their family. Thus, I came to my question asking is it possible to eliminate a member of Shura who is against me. However, itā€™s family member next in line to be the head of family supports me.)
  6. What are the powers granted to the Queen of the empire i.e. considering my MC is male and I marry to a lady who will be my queen? Further, does the empire follows the Harem structure which usually Kings use to have in historical period or is it just one wife/husband system in the empire?
  7. Who are the current individuals who hate the MC?
  8. Is it possible to remove Shura through reforms?

Technically, the shura doesnt have to make any hard decision, just voice their discontent or voice their opinion

The emperor judges him

All in due time, all in due time

I doubt it, you wouldnt want to piss off the nobles

None

How do they voice their discontent or opinion? Is it through letters? If not, then is it through meeting with each other and presenting a letter to the king with the signature of all the Shura members?

Does that mean that whenever the emperor wishes then he can remove the MC from his throne? Further, what if the emperor dies? Moreover, until the emperor is tired of politics, why shall he grant the throne to the crown prince? Because as far as I have read in history, crown princeā€™s take the throne once their father dies. Is it different for this story? (Assuming that this isnā€™t same like Mehmad {sultan} who was removed from the throne by his father {emperor or whatever rank which is higher than sultan which Iā€™m not aware of} when he was a child during the times of Ottoman Empire.)

Is it not possible to threaten the nobles? Or perhaps encourage the common folk to protest against the Shura system and spread a narrative that the king is not able to bring proper policies for the common folk because of Shura system and make them protest against the Shura system.

A suggestion came to my mind. You might already have it in your mind as well but I still wanted to write it here, nonetheless. My suggestion is to provide opportunities to the MC when he is crown prince to run departments. MC might request itā€™s father to grant him to run a department of the empire in order to gain experience in politics and also make a positive image in front of the common folk.

I would surely like to hear your thoughts regarding this suggestion.

The emperor holds sort of session whit the Shura where they can voice their grievances

There is no reason for it to be different, also you dont want to hang your heir no matter what they have done,probably a spanking or flogging or something, also you seem to mis understand our title, it is just ceremonial and holds no power

Sultan is the highest rank of the Ottoman Empire, Mehmad was removed by his father beacuse he was placed by the people that wanted to have a young ruller on the throne, so his father took the throne back, once the MCā€™s father dies MC inherits the title of emperor and all the powers that come whit the position,

That is interesting, i doubt our father will be alive for much time, but if he does, he would certainly want us to build up characther

Oh also @RedEmperor do you plan this to be a multi part series or?

1 Like

@Aditya_Baishya
1: Karcia.
2: If the Shura is united and votes in favour of his innocence then nothing can be done to stop it.
3: No, the Sovereign (Emperor/Empress) has enough power to deal with all manners of crisis, so there is no need for it
5: You can assassinate people.
6: Consorts (be they male or female) have no power.
8: No legislative body will ever vote to abolish itself unless you have it under your sword.
@Javor gave excellent answers to the rest of the questions.

Your suggestion is already a part of the game.
In chapter 2, you can decide to either be an army officer or the Minister of Dept. of Intelligence to gain real world experience.

Legally speaking, the Emperor, your father can strip you of your title anytime he wants to but you are his only heir, he wonā€™t do it.

@Javor

I want to do this in one go but this will be a very big project which would take a lot of time. Time , in which I may change my mind.

3 Likes

Dangerous, it will have to be a big book, lest you want to end up like Lords of Aswick, but then again, im confident you could make it work

3 Likes

I feel that there are too few ministries. For example, if there are ministries such as the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Colonial Affairs, the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Agriculture, and the Ministry of the Imperial Household, the reality will increase.
Also, is there a prime minister in this game?

I doubt theres a prime minister, actually, i can say with confidence theres not, This country could use some more ministries, but thats on the order of business when you become emperor
Also @RedEmperor Hows it going with progress, planned out the game?
Very good

2 Likes

@11110
There would be other ministries but you wonā€™t have much interaction with them so I didnā€™t mention them.
There is no position of prime minister but there is a permanent secretary to the Imperial office which is a bit similar to prime minister.

@Javor
I have done the map and some 4000 words of the 1st chapter so the next update should be on 30th June or 1st July.
As for the entire game, I have a vague outline which will become more clear as I continue to write.

3 Likes

But at least it seems strange that there is no interaction between something like the Ministry of the Interior and something like the Ministry of the Imperial Household and the emperor. It also seems reasonable to have other ministries as additional ministries in the reform.

Well wait a couple of chapters alright?

I have a question can we have children

Yes, you can.

1 Like

What if the emperor fails/neglects to host a session to listen the grievances of Shura? Does the Shura have the authority to detain the king then?

But apart from Mehmadā€™s father was the only person who wanted to give throne to Mehmad at the earliest so that he can lead the empire to greatness. In fact, Halil Pasha and other ministers of the sultan didnā€™t even wanted Mehmadā€™s father to pass the throne to a young child like Mehmad. So, Iā€™m a little lost here about the people who wanted a young ruler.

Youā€™re saying about Crown Prince, isnā€™t it?

Thatā€™s great! I would have also liked to have other Administrative Roles as well which may help us to build a good relation with the citizens of the empire.

1 Like

King or emperor?? Be consistent! No, they should be happy that they get a session every few months, the emperor hosts them, he clls them when he needs advice

yes

1 Like