Way of Monarchy (WIP)

You suddenly thrown into a role of a ruler! Leading a village into enchanting city with your ability and reliable(?) assistant. The ability to change the way your home is within your hand. Will it end up as a city of rogues, or will it labeled as a blessed city? It is up to your choice to make!

I was thinking of making one for a while. To tell you the truth, I only begins to make an outline weeks ago. I really was a lazy person and really easily inspired by anything I found great (Which is almost everything!). So please bear with me for a while.

The setting of the story is an alternative world full of fantasy living creature. There will be magic and dragon. Many situation will lead the main character (You!) to make a choice to shape up your (village/town/city). I also would add a little adventure to make in more exciting such as fighting off invasion of dragon, avoiding assassination, or even negotiate price of vegetable (What?)

The planet is called ‘Varia’
There are many kind of living lived in this planet, including human and other mystical creatures. Many main cities use their opportunity to increase their land and fame, increase their military force, or becoming the main hot spot for traveler and merchant.
In this game, you could do many thing. But be careful, not everyone live only on the truth!

Background Information

The setting in the game consists of four Empire. They were called “The Blessed Four”

Laviana
the Empire located dangerously near many volcanoes. It is gift with many of mineral and iron that come from the eruption of volcanoes, which are the resource for making armor and weapon. Laviana is known as the first empire that were created in Varia and have a reputation of ‘The Strongest Soldiers’. However, because of the volcanoes, the empire’s agriculture suffered. There are often desperate need of food each years because of this.The majority of races living in Laviana are dwarf and human. Other races are rarely been seen. There are a rumors that there are dragon’s lair nearby.

Roofa
Located in the middle of the forest, Roofa is known as the empire of nature. Forest is like their second home. Exotic fruit, herb, and high quality potion are the main import for this Empire. They have a plot of land for agriculture, but lack of iron and armor. They are also lack of trading route because the difficulty in transportation. The majority of races living in Roofa is Elves, little of them are halfling. No dwarf lived here.

Mi-Chous
Mysterious is the only definition of Mi-Chous empire. The citizen of Mi-Chous empire contain only two races, the Kinian and human. Kinian have a pair of wing on their back. Some are bat-like, some have features. With their appearance like angel, they were called ‘Masters of the sky’. No one Know where the capital city of Mi-chous is located. Maybe they have it, or maybe not. No one knows. Their trading routes doesn’t existed. They currently are independent with balance resource.

Inkaza
The empire that depend their take on agriculture and fishing. It was labeled as the most friendly and welcoming empire. Easy to access for both merchants and travelers. Though, they are known as the ‘connection’ between Roofa empire and Laviana empire, providing both empire with the resources they lack. The population consists of Human, Merman, and halfling. Although, there have been more corruption sneaking underneath. The empire has the largest, infamous black market.

This is the link: (11/19/14)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0imk1wo0n2r8kod/Way%20of%20Monarchy(DEMO).html?dl=0

UPDATE

I add the plot up little bit. It was the plot of why you were thrown into the role of ruler in the first place. Your parents were both ‘mysteriously’ die when you are fourteen years-old. That’s when the village goes down-hill. When you have turn eighteen (the common age to be given responsibility, blah blah blah), there are numerous problem for you to solved and there will be a clue for you to find out what really happen!

edit-
I edit some grammar with many help. I changed crafting into one of the choice you need to choose. Just one though. I changed some content in ‘spending time with your mother part’, some character development.

random doodles

PS. Sorry for my grammar!
PS.2. I’m change the name because this is the not ‘Choice of Game’ label. Sorry for the misunderstanding! (I can’t think of any any cool name, so sorry!)

8 Likes

This sounds cool. That line about vegetables actually got me thinking about controlling my city’s economy, which sounds fun.

Sounds fun! I’ll keep an eye in this one!

Sounds really cool! I’d really like to see this become a full-fledged game and quick question: would the main character be physically involved in any battles (such as war, bandit attacks, dragon attacks, etc.) , be more of a tactical advisor/general , or not be involved at all?

I feel lil this game would be more of a tactical game than anything? Less focus on combat, etc, more focus on decision making and character development?

So more of a strategy game that would be really cool. Especially being able to control the countries economy just like what Shawnheatherly said. Would love to play it when it has a demo.

Great idea! I’ve always wondered what would happen if I can into that position of authority. (Say maybe an advisor figure would help?) - thanks. Have a great day.

@Shawnheatherly

• I think that it is something very important to developing a city, even it is a city’s economy. Feeding the people is important too!

@TheWoodSprite and @Coold00d12

• It kind of tactical game, yes! But you could get involved in solving the problem. For example: In the invasion, you could lead your own military force (if you own one) to battle, send someone you trust to battle, or simple make an alliance with the intruders. It just the rate of success depend on your character’s ability, relationship between character, military forces and much more!

@Frazer77
-Glad your like it! I will try to make a complete daft this week and post it. The thing that make me worried is my grammar and coding, though, so it would take more time in making a demo for me.

@John_Hale
-Sometime there will be research on what will you be doing. Of course, there will be an advisers and your assistant who could help you! (But be sure they don’t back-stab you!)

Oh, I’m already thinking about how I’ll have to keep an eye on my Master of Coins.

Sounds really cool can’t wait to see what you have

Sounds awesome! Would love to play.

My shoulders are ready to bear the burden of kingship!

Bring on the cherry!

Introduction

The planet is called ‘Varia’
There are many kind of living lived in this planet, including human and other mystical creatures. Many main cities use their opportunity to increase their land and fame, increase their military force, or becoming the main hot spot for traveler and merchant.
In this game, you could do many thing. But be careful, not everyone live only on the truth!

Here are some question I would like to ask before beginning to write it:
-Do you want a romance in the story?
-Do you want a choice to choose where your village located?*

*One place to different from others. If you choose to locate your village by the lake, you could have a fresh water all year round. However, there are also a risk like flooding in the raining season too! If you choose a place by the forest, there will be wood and fruit you could harvest, but there are also dangerous animal live in it too.

Romance would be nice and it could influence things in various ways- marriage for allegiance, or power, and the problems you could get for marrying for love, but poverty.

Choosing where your village is is a pretty good idea, some more thoughts:

Mountain areas- good for defense, but less trading caravans until you upgrade your village with a travelling pass.

Lake- Fishing industry, sea trade.

Forest- Easier access to building equipment, but greater risk of fire.

Frontier- greater trade, lesser access to equipment.

That sort of thing, looking forward to it!

1 Like

[quote=“Cooncat54321, post:13, topic:5806”]
-Do you want a romance in the story?
-Do you want a choice to choose where your village located?*[/quote]

[quote=“Mim, post:14, topic:5806”]
Romance would be nice and it could influence things in various ways- marriage for allegiance, or power, and the problems you could get for marrying for love, but poverty.[/quote]
Romance played a huge part in power and ruling, erm…well marriage did anyway. I would be interested to see romance, both in the ‘for the people’ and ‘for me’ aspects. But not something like in Choice of Romance. Being a king/queen or leader in general often means having to either choose yourself or your people. You must think of the whole and not the piece. Tough choices revolving around that and love and life would be very interesting!

As for the choose where your Kingdom is: Will it actually effect anything or do you have a set story in mind? Would you want to add that many variables? Could you take that or would it be too long? Is it something you could add at the end as a polishing final touch? If so, I might save it till the end and just go back and re-add it.

1 Like

Yes for both questions.

Rogue country?! I have to start making my laws where to begin, petty prisoners are made soldiers, captured soldiers get handicapped and sent back to their home…

@FoxalypticWorld
-I would say that choosing where the village will place may cause certain event to occurred, but it won’t interfered with the main plot line I am currently planning. It also determined the aptitude of the the village of what the main resource the village could provide and trade.

@Dark_Stalker
-Hmm, I don’t know if the game will turn out like what you expect, but I will try to make it fun to play!!!

@Mim

• Thank you for your suggestion! I will keep the information you provide for a good use!

@Everyone!
-It seems that Romance( or marriage) have won the election (?). I will make up more character that will interact with your main character. I won’t writing code asking you about what the you preferred between girl, boy, both, or none, since I found it pointless.

Let’s me know if you have any suggestion on potential love interest (Except for Prince and Princess, these one already included.)

Writer statue: struggle learning code
PS. Just a stupid question. How could you post a link to you game? All I can go through is Firefox

Because I’m awful at explaining things, this should help.

1 Like

keeping an eye on this, sounds interesting so far.

remind me of an other game i seen, name escapes me right now.

take you time too make this.
that said wouldn`t mind a intro demo a.s.a.p.

cheers and good luck with this