(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

leo is mom friend. saro is dad friend. im seo trash

2 Likes

You could always bring it back…

I honestly want it to laugh at the idea of dating a girl I spat on…

1 Like

LMAO. If I still had the draft, I would show you. It was an option to spit on Lilith while you walked past her. I mean nothing happened after you did it. I don’t remember why I ever left it in. Um.

nO oh my GO d

I can just imagine Lilith and MC hanging out later in the game and her bringing up when MC spat on her like w h a t why did I think that was okay i’m laughing but i’m also horrified

i ship Seo. i hope they end up together if MC doesn’t date either of them. coughs

6 Likes

The idea of separate, self-contained short stories revolving around The Six seems really interesting.

I can’t speak for everyone but I’d think it would be more sense for the bits of lore to go into the game and most everything possibly spoilery or unimportant to the story to Tumblr instead.

4 Likes

Is high spirit approval means the MC will be more powerful? i notice if we choose to disobey the spirit like choosing the option " I don’t want it" when Lilith was confronting you , the spirit approval will drop …

It was an interesting plot regarding how Lilith wanted to pretend to be friend with the main character again… although we used to be good friend , this confusing relationship should be fun to read :slight_smile:

1 Like

yee little myths and things would be fun to come up with and write. I’ll add them to the game’s lore section if I end up writing them. ^^

2 Likes

Oh god. Now I’m feeling even WORSE for having hit her. If she brings that up after starting the romance route with her I think I would just die. Ugh, the fate of a fictional character’s relationship is affecting my life far more than I would want to…god damn it, you’re good.

3 Likes

Not necessarily more powerful. A higher approval means just that; they approve of the actions you’ve taken/things you’ve said in favor of them. A higher approval means the Spirits are more inclined to help you. If it’s low, then they’ll probably cooperate less easily. I’m contemplating whether or not this could lead to different ways of completing the game/overcoming the main point that’s to come. A lower approval might make things harder in the future.

Yep! That was probably in Chapter 5, right? A Divine who doesn’t want to be Divine is less likely to be approved by the Spirits, since they expect another Visa; basically, someone who’s Virtuous and will rather blindly follow them. Even if the Six did something wrong and they knew it, they would expect their ideal Divine to cover it up or explain why it was the right choice to others instead of telling everyone that the Six did something wrong.

And it should be fun to write! :^)

1 Like

Wait wait wait, you can hit Lilith? How do I not remember this… Was it when you first talk to her? Because if that’s not an option, I’m adding it because that sounds like perfect blackmail for Lilith to hold over MC’s head when she’s being petty. I mean. Coughs. That’s horrible. I would never.

3 Likes

IIRC in the first conversation there is an option that says “I’m gonna fight this girl” (or something along those lines). There is no description of you hitting her, but it instead skips to both you and her being wounded and Leo saying you should go see the nurse. There is even an option to say you’re fine.

…how much did you rewrite those early chapters exactly?

1 Like

PFT wow I’m putting that in :^) What a missed opportunity. I probably meant to continue working on that chapter but forgot and never did lmao. I’m always amazed at people who can remember things from something they read. Like wow. That’s a superpower.

liKE TWICE. Maybe that’s why I remember nothing from them. I guess as the person behind it, I know what’s going to happen next and that’s where my head always is…

3 Likes

This go for both Chaos and Virtue spirits ? There was a scene in the last chapter (i think) where some chaos spirits lure me to a forest and try to convince me to cut tie with the SIX , luckily Visa found me and help banish that spirit away …

Yeah …it is interesting since when the Main character and Lilith were small , MC was the only friend who Lilith manage to make … … and the relationship only died after MC transfer to academy where Lilith tried her best to hurt me, but judging from Leo’s response… perhaps my MC was not a good person as well before losing his memory :slight_smile:

Yes, pretty much! Virtue, Chaos, and the Six are all lumped together when I say Spirits. So all of them are what are approving/disapproving of MC.

This is making me realize all of this happens in a short timeline lol. MC was pretty awful! I think there’ll be more opportunities to ask about their past behavior in the next chapter, since they’ll be back to the Academy. :^)

2 Likes

I ran through this again yesterday and was reading the source at the same time.

When in the plane of the dead I notice you just fall through a bunch of is skill > 25 checks. This meant because strength was at 25 I didn’t get to see the manipulation route even though that skill was at 55. A later skill check then checked for manipulation and added context as if I’d gone through that path.

You might want to rework that so that the highest skill is used or provide readers with a choice of path where the choices are selectable if skill is greater than threshold values.

3 Likes

Wait… but if a chaos spirit do something “wrong”, bit want you to cover up, the virtue spirits are going to be ok with that?
This “blindly” means the spirits can “take our body” anytime? Because Leo says that we are kind of a ragdoll, right?

Ooh. I figured it wouldn’t work. I’ll find a way to fix it now. :innocent: I don’t know why I didn’t consider a choice option for that lmao…

Probably not, but it’s up to the Six mainly. I consider Chaos and Virtue Spirits a rank under the Six. If the Six decide they want something to be covered up, all Spirits will follow along in that decision, willingly or not.

MC used to be blindly committed to the Six, which meant they could control them at any time. Not anymore. It’s sort of impossible for MC to be “possessed” right now. It’s kind of complicated and I don’t know if I’ve fully thought it through yet, but I’ll explain a little more.

After their loss of memory, MC also lost their ability to connect to the Six whenever they wanted. Basically, the “resetting” of their mind broke the link between them. Now they can only connect during sleep, when MC’s mind is sort of… shut off? So MC isn’t a ragdoll to the Six anymore, since there’s no longer a solid connection between them. But the stronger connection during sleep could end up being an issue…

4 Likes

I think Lilith should be grateful to my Main character because being a divinus is not fun at all… Lol

Maybe Lilith won’t even survive the process if my main character didn’t replace her status… but well, hopefully she will understand one day :slight_smile:

Whaaaaaat!?
:hushed::hushed::hushed:

Man, I thought the spirits were, kind of, Neutral Good ou Neutral Evil…
But, it seems all of them are in a “Neutral neutral/evil” or even a “Chaotic neutral/evil” scale…
Visa deceived me!!! I’m hurt D:
We can’t have a path for “domesticate” them? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
“You serve me, not the opposite >:(”

1 Like

that was only a Title for her. in the school, we were the only ones that could contact the six. so she was bassicaly the school president.

1 Like