(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

HI it’s here it’s Chapter 8 I’m done that’s it i never want to read anything again ever in my life and i never want to write i’m done the end

…Okay, I’m being dramatic. But I’m VERY unsure about this Chapter. I… just don’t like a lot of it. I’ll be going back and editing this one a lot more. It’s not how I wanted it to turn out at all. Anyway-

The next update will be me fixing past chapters and redoing the stats page. Please feel free to send me things that bother you about past chapters if you have any! Or mistakes that I left behind while rewriting things! I know that there are a lot of them since the plot changed again a bit, so I’ll be cleaning those things up.

And working on the stats page will sort of be a break without fully breaking away from working on this. I’ll be writing a glossary type thing with backgrounds on The Six and Realms and stuff. It will be nice. I plan to detail it a lot and just relax for a second asdfjkhlsk.

I already forgot what I did in this Chapter so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I think something changed that I meant to tell everyone about but I don’t have any memory of it.

ALSO thank you for supporting me! Everyone’s messages are so sweet and unexpected and make me smile aha. I’m more motivated than ever to work on this. It’s kind of all I’ve been thinking about for the past half-year!

lol i hope the chapter is actually up on dashingdon i think i uploaded it right idk i don’t want to look at this book it makes me nauseous

10 Likes

You just have to stop at another cliffhanger. I’m so hyped up.

Summary

MC’s Alexis is a girl.

1 Like

1 Like

just a typo:

you stand still as the being circles you.

this chapter had me question the spirits. basically fallax. specifically fallax.

2 Likes

I don’t think we can end in any non-cliffhangers anymore

Don’t do this to me. I’m already a mess because of that girl :sob:

3 Likes

Has this been updated cause it still says updated 20 in the demo

I believe the game was updated,now you can play chapter 8

2 Likes

Reading through chapter 1-7 again and found a few typos.

yes.

Cliffhanger at the end, if that was meant to be one, felt abrupt and made the chapter feel incomplete and unfinished.

Regarding the stats page and glossary, my experience with them in more narrative driven stories like this is something I only bother to visit on my second playthrough as it can break immersion quite a bit which is why it can be slightly vexing when someone interrupts the narrative to refer the reader to glossary to explain crucial parts of the lore because they couldn’t be bothered to fit it into the narrative without it sounding like exposition.

Will we be given more opportunities to tease or mess with Lilith in future updates? And are the main four the only ROs planned? Theta and Saro seem kind of like background characters at the moment and it would be nice if their characters got more spotlight rather than being pushed out of the way by Lilith.

2 Likes

Yea, I’m waiting when Theta gets time to shine as well. Lilith made a mad dash from bad bitch archetype to a girl you can empathize with.
So far she’s the most fleshed out character I think.
Leo continues to stick his nose everywhere and Saro slowly merges with background.

There’re actually people like him in companies of friends who tag along but don’t say much.
Who am I kidding, I am Saro. Damn ;(

5 Likes

I don’t know how this happened. I gave her anger and a reason behind it and now she has emotions and is kind of complex. I think she’s the most fleshed out too.

Truth.

If I’m being honest, the only reason this is is because I need to flesh him out more. He has no input on anything. Like I’ll be writing with the four of them and I can’t think of anything that Saro would possibly care enough about to add. I don’t think he takes anything seriously enough to care. Saro needs help. Someone please save Saro.

I think if I were to put them in on a scale of most developed to least, Saro would be the least, then Theta or Leo, then maybe Alexis with Lilith at the top…

1 Like

100% agree. I’m glad you always give me an honest response! I always look forward to your replies, lol. So thank you.

Anyway - Regarding your what you said, I agree. I was looking at the end after writing and I decided I wasn’t fucking with it. I’m going to actually finish it. I was just already hating it and didn’t care anymore.

True! I never look at glossaries in other games and I don’t want the reader to have to rely on it. I just thought I’d add extra stuff there mostly. Like origin stories of The Six, more explanations about Realms, and more information on stats and characters. I contemplated only adding extra things like this to the Tumblr. Do you think that would be a better idea?

Though I’ll never rely on it either as the writer. Or at least, I’ll try my best not to. Anything I need to fit in I’m usually able to (hopefully) without it being too giant of a text wall. I’ll also add more options for inserting input and opinions so it’s not just the same general replies from MC every time someone says something. I’m all over the place rn.

Possibly! But she won’t take it well. And she likes getting revenge on people. :^)

I’m not sure yet. For the next chapter, there might be an introduction of one or two more characters… I’m just wondering if it’s the right time or not. I dunno. I think only four options is a little small. Especially when most of the characters right now are really uninteresting/dead inside… which I’ve never related to more.

They are pushed back mostly. I need to work on them a lot. They’re basically dead rn so yeah. I can fix that. I think. I’d still consider us pretty early into the game, so there’s a lot of opportunities to adjust things yet. I want to fix them while I can. Also thank you for finding my mistakes that I forgot about and never actually fixed.

1 Like

no sorry i just can’t read lol it’s supposed to say 1/21

i don’t know how else to end things what other options are th e re (besides me being lazy and not finishing it)

Sounds like a manga or something which is awesome! Hope your able to finish, I think it would be a great addition.

1 Like

The story is like a manga? Oddly enough, the story did use to be a fanfiction of a certain manga/anime… :no_mouth: But that was yeeeeeeears ago. I wonder if anyone can even guess what it was. :joy:

5 Likes

First and foremost what a great WIP you have in progress, cannot wait for more.

As for Theta and Saro yes they do tend to fade into the background pretty quickly, but that can be explained away fairly easily since the MC has little to no clue to who they were minus the expositions from their friends and flashbacks.

From what I have read from the characters Theta seems like she is the exclamation point to the end of a sentence, but is kind of repressing her normal extroverted personality somewhat due to the MC’s amnesia. (Lol I do not know why I think of Theta as the life of the party and fun to be around type but I do).

Saro is Saro nothing wrong with him per say, since he’s quiet and stoic by nature, work with him not against him. I kind of seeing it as the player has to reach out to him and try to emphasize with him to draw him out of his shell. Should he always be quiet and reserved yes, but what lays behind that brickwall he’s erected?

1 Like

Thank you. :blush:

That’s basically her. :^P I’ve somewhat built up their personalities but I didn’t want them to be shoved in. I don’t really remember what I wrote in previous chapters since it was a while ago, but I’m sure I thought it would have been somewhat insensitive for them to bubbly or excited after what happened to their friend (who was really mean, but still). A lot of their personalities kind of got swallowed up in that.

I’m unsure if he’s really in a shell or if I just don’t know what I want him to do yet. It’s like he doesn’t know what to say so he doesn’t say anything. So basically, I don’t know what I should say for him. I’m just hesitant when it comes to his character.

It’s nice to be writing Chapter 9 now for those reasons. With MC back in school, I’ll have lots of time to flesh out the rest of the characters and figure out what I’m doing with them. I’ve been waiting for forever to write for Saro, Theta, and Leo. I think they’ll show a lot more now that MC is somewhat more comfortable with their surroundings. Or maybe less comfortable… Either way, the characters won’t be so flat. I think. There might be more one-on-one interactions too. I miss them a lot aha.

2 Likes

we can’t spit :disappointed:. @aequa lol but for reals, it been so long since the last time I played the demo, so many beautiful changes.

1 Like

I knowwww !! Spit option is long gone and I miss it every day. But everything has changed a ton! I think about how different it used to be all of the time… And I think most people who read it in the beginning stage haven’t come back, lol. Thank you so much! :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I’m gonna need some context for that one. I think I know where that would fit, but I’m not 100% sure.

There was an option to spit on lilith when we met her.

1 Like