Hey, remember me? If you don’t you can just call me the person who promised you a witch game and came up with this instead :'D Be the Witch hasn’t been completely dropped, it just turned into a complete cluster of code that looked like it couldn’t work but did, and then proceeded to confuse me @u@ So, I’ll eventually get back to it, change my approach, and maybe, just maybe, deliver on my promise of a witch game. Until then, enjoy this little project that isn’t quite so ambitious:
You’re driving down a deserted road in a light rain when you receive a text message…
- Demo Update - MM/DD/YY: Means the demo has been updated.
- Status Report - MM/DD/YY: A report on the current status of the demo.
Terms you would probably like to know:
- Bakeneko: A cat yōkai that originates from cats who grow old and become particularly efficient at, and fond of, bewitching humans. They can change from a human into a cat. My take is a tad bit different.
- Geta: A pair of “sandle clogs” designed by the Chinese and adapted by the Japanese. They’re pretty much elevated flip flops that can be worn with traditional kimono and even Western attire.
- Hakama: A pair of trousers with seven pleats to represent the seven virtues of bushido. Despite looking even, they are actually asymmetrical.
- Hakamashita Kimono: As far as I know, it’s a type of kimono traditionally worn under a hakama.
- Kimono: Literally meaning “a thing to wear”, it’s apart of traditional Japanese garb and is worn by men and women alike but with distinguishing patterns: bright colors and floral patterns are normally for women, dark colors and muted patterns are normally worn by men, while a certain mix of them are considered “unisex”.
- Nekomata: A cat yōkai that can either describe the mountain variety or the domestic; cats that grow old and eventually sprout an extra tail. They have three forms: the cat form, the human form, the monster form. My take is a tad bit different.
- Tabi: A pair of socks with a divided toe. They are traditionally white and often seen worn with a pair of geta.
- Umanori Hakama: Literally “horse-riding hakama”. This type of Hakama is divided to look more like a traditional pair of pants.
Update - 10/23/16
Long silences tend to make me antsy and so here’s what’s been happening. Please note, I decided not to post this update until chapter one is done. Seeing as I’m half way finished, this may be sooner than I expect assuming nothing gets in the way
What’s Been Implemented So Far
- Clothing selection
*Player has a chance to choose between the hakamashita/hakama combo (not colored specified), samurai armor, four kimono designs, “lavish robes”, conservative adventure’s kit, and warrior armor. Each option gives a stats bonus to either mind, body, or soul so this isn’t purely for aesthetics.
- Player can also choose their gender, or lack thereof, hair color, eye color, skin color, and another selection you all may or may not like.
- Limited Nationality choice.
*You can pick between being Japanese, half Japanese, or foreigner. This doesn’t affect the story a lot but it does have a slight impact on some options you’re given.
- “Three” stat screens.
*One for each stage but the third is mostly just has an addition of a minor detail. More of the stat screen can be unlocked as you progress.
- Already choices are proving to be “good and bad”.
*Meaning even a choice you may perceive as right may have both a reward and unforeseen consequences. Same for choices you may perceive as “bad”.
Still to come:
- Character Naming
- Plotty things of course.
- Chapter One won’t be up until I’m done with it. Thank you for your patience <3
- Sadly there may not be any RO’s. At least, there aren’t any planned. This may change but I’m not entirely sure.
- Feel free to critique, point out typos and other errors, and suggest things <3 Just know it’s unlikely I’ll make any changes until it’s done. Sorry, I just don’t want to snag myself on details and not progress @.@ The exception being bugs and game breaking things of course.
- There’s no plans for a sexuality selection so nothing will be sexually locked…? So even if they’re are RO’s they’ll all be open to you unless you turn them down.
- I hope to have the next part out as soon as possible <3
- Want to talk about certain parts of the game? Please be considerate of those who may not have either chosen the same route as you or gotten as far as you and place those juicy tidbits in spoilers, thank you =^.^=
[spoiler]This is in a spoiler.[/spoiler]
This is in a spoiler.