Why can't you romance Silas while playing as a Choctaw?

Even after I selected that I learned how to read and write the option was still blanked out. can’t there just be another native American vampire or human I could hook my Choctaw guy up with?

I often play as Choctaw, I’ve never been unable to hook up with Silas. Do you have very little compassion in the game?

1 Like

I second Bikkje.

I couldn’t too

I threw the doll into the river…in another go I didn’t throw it but I was manipulative to the st. Charles people till I got run outta town, got them to fear and respect me first though, Is it just cuz he’s a solider and my guy is a Native? why are there no options for the Choctaw?

No, its just because your cruelty level is too high.

ah

this is dead. please close it

… It was on the slow boat to Deadthreadsville, LoL. There was no need to ask to close it.

EDIT: Actually, it made it to Deadthreadsville.

Like Caddmuss said, @God_of_Demonz, it’s better to let dormant threads lie than bump them with a request to close them.

And this is as good a point as any to say: we mods don’t actually have a problem with “dead threads” as such. We’ve got more of a “reduce clutter” principle, which plays out in 3 ways:

A. We always have a problem with “bumping” old threads for no good reason.

B. But if you’ve got something useful to say on a thread about e.g. a particular ChoiceScript problem, or a game development question, or a review of some published game… we’d rather keep the discussion going on a single thread (even if the last post to that thread was a year ago) rather than multiply threads all over the place.

C. The reason we have Rule #2 is that WiP threads easily clutter the forums with “any update?” requests. So if a WiP hasn’t been active in a while, we’ll declare the thread dead and close it, to avoid clutter from people who haven’t read Rule #2 (or are ignoring it). But that doesn’t mean we hate “dead threads” – especially if it’s not a WiP thread, updating an old thread can be the best way to avoid clutter.

Make sense?

yup

sorry I just did not get why it is impossible and the only other option is clotho…

@RoseQueenKamijo I’m not sure what you’re talking about. There shouldn’t be anything related to ethnicity preventing you from romancing Silas.

For me sometimes I can’t romance Silas because of my choices made earlier in the game in regards to high cruelty or solitude and it’s not focused on just Choctaw. I’ve had it happen with a Free Person from New Orleans and the German from St. Charles and the Irish Scotch/Irish.

please close this thread.