Which WIP would you bring back from the dead?

I think it’s called Trinity. It’s about ships like Leviathan, Bahamuth and I forgot the name of the third one unfortunately. I really loved it but tragically game files were lost and I don’t know if the author will be reviving it.

And another one is Unwanted Warrior. My love, queen Erika is gone together with the game files :persevere: I really wish I could play it as the full game.

These two games are my most favorite WIPs in this forum. I have been following them wholeheartedly. But now my heart is broken with what happened to the games. Though there is still hope

11 Likes

From Ashes We Rise…I still hold a small inkling of hope that one day it will rise again :upside_down_face: it’s tucked away next to my hopes that OHHC will ever get a second season

7 Likes

Now that you mention that, i haven’t heard anything from the author. I hope everything is okay with them :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Anyone know what happened to good intentions? It’s such a good story but the author hasn’t been updated the story for almost 3 years now🙁

4 Likes

I can’t remember its name but there was one demo about being a dictator in a post apocalyptic world and the first sction is where you played as a child and the mc had a port on the nape of ttheir neck or somewhere close

One thing i also remember was that this wip was old,like contemporary of spiral knight and team zero old

2 Likes

I can’t speak for any of the WIP’s or authors listed here. But I don’t think they posted their projects to “tease players.” It was probably because they desired feedback on their project.

I feel like we all need to remember that that’s the primary reason for making a WIP thread. It’s great that it can entertain people, but the actual purpose of it is for a writer to get feedback on their work. In other words, the WIP thread is for the writer, not the reader.

51 Likes

Agreed. I don’t think many folks realize going in just how challenging it is to complete one of these games. Think about how many unfinished novels are sitting around on people’s laptops, and then consider that writing a novel is a hell of a lot easier than creating one of these gamebooks.

Sometimes life is just going to get in the way, and sometimes someone will just realize they’d rather spend their free time doing something else. None of it is designed to tease anyone.

52 Likes

Yeah, I can speak to this for my own WIP. I had way more time to write in college and wanted to see how far I can get with my book. However, being a caretaker for a special needs kiddo does take a lot of time. Post-graduation, I did get a job loosely related to my subject matter and that required time to stay up to date on industry changes, plus time taking care of my kid and then the extra addition of another to my family.

Needless to say at this point, my WIP is still something I kick around in my head however I’m more involved with reading over content/code with authors whose WIPs I find interesting. Who knows, maybe once the baby’s a bit older I can get back to work on my own projects?

29 Likes

It’s definitely not a situation in which authors are “teasing” players. In actuality, I believe WIP authors post their games and ideas with the intent of seeing them through to publication. It’s just that, in some cases, authors are gut-punched by circumstances that cause them to abandon (or put on hold) their pieces. You definitely can’t blame people for life throwing them a curve ball.

Not to mention sometimes people just don’t have the motivation to see them through and that’s perfectly fine. I don’t find much fun in reading something an author only finished out of obligation, considering the fun of writing is being able to enjoy the end product.

33 Likes

For me i hope pulse University will back

8 Likes

I miss the game Scales&Tales finding your lover running away with some handsome chad. Taking care of the egg and then hatching it turns into a baby lizard dragon. Good times, good old times.

7 Likes

Honestly if I could bring any WIP back from the dead it would be United We Stand (minus the toxic political arguments that kept happening…)
It was just an ideal mix of politics and romance and exploring such a facinating period in history, one which I think is somewhat similar to ours today. The long term plan the author laid out was also very interesting! Anyways, ya, it’s one of my favorite WIP ever and I am still sad it died (although for a very understandable reason)

3 Likes

Ooh! Just remembered the charming little gem Ghost In The Libary by @Lordirish. Its demo is no longer accessible, but I remember it fondly.

1 Like

Just looked at the thread for Wild Summer and remembered it was dead. Author hasn’t been on for a year. Really sad too, story had such a great summer vibe with some awesome romance options too.

10 Likes

I don’t know if this wip is dead but the last time the author posted an update was over a year ago so I’m going to assume it’s dead for now. but I would bring back Legacy by Tim Chaney. It ended at such a cliffhanger and the story was super interesting and well wrote.

3 Likes

Thirst trap

Concept was really interesting.

12 Likes

I would say the top one would be Ozoic by derekmetaltron would be at the top of my list. An interesting concept of a prehistoric game taking place in a One Million B.C. inspired world that sadly did not seem to get far. While yes I am aware That there is a prehistoric game being made called Stone Age survival that i am also interested, it is more of a realistic version of it while Ozoic seemed to be more of an old dinosaur stop motion film type adventure.

2 Likes

Mordred: Blood Cries Afar (WIP) i miss this game have lot’s of promise in the future, even the beginning already good, hope someday @Protagonist will back :cry:

5 Likes

warlock city: shadow of the shroudwalker is a good one. i like how the stats you choose to get have an effect on like i guess flavor text. they also have like two versions of them. the most prominent one was when you choose to make charm one of your strong suits. one is like innocent cuteness or the other is hot sexy lmao. also the concept of superheroes being acknowledge in where the mc lives but warlocks are kinda like taboo. Warlock City: Shadow of the Shroudwalker

the caged songbird. idk but i just like mcs who are captives at the start of a story or has a captive backstory. also the concept of the mc having toxic skin is both cool and just sad for touchy people. i remember like some of the characters were annoying to me tho ngl. i checked on the tumblr of the author but it seems like their last post is at february 2020. hopefully the author is doing well and is slowing making progress through it. The Caged Songbird

playing through all my bookmarked wips was a bad idea :frowning: lmao

14 Likes

Children of the Gods :frowning: Aeson was my favorite and I enjoyed the authors style of writing

5 Likes