What's your favorite game of Choice of Games & Hosted Games?

@Shell_San
What about the published ones xD?

I love all the published games, but I really like the

Way Walkers
Zombie Exodus
Slammed
As from WIPs definetly Guenevere

Do WIPs count? Because I really loved Asphodel

Published:
Sabres of Infinity(all time favourite)
Tin Star
Zombie Exodus
WIP:
Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven

ZE, ORPHEUS RUSE (which is strangely seldom mentioned), CoWizard, Wizard’s Life… Others also.

Red Candle is really good so far as well

Trial of the Demon Hunter’s coming out tomorrow, and it’s already available in Europe :slight_smile:

@Samuel_H_Young, was that confirmed? If so, that’s great to hear!

@attolia
It’s actually been pushed back (again) to the 28th :confused:

It’s all all right

(not in order)
life of a wizard
tinstar
way walkers 1,2

also despite being vary much “on the rails”,i enjoyed heroes rise quite a bit.

Published:
Zombie Exodus
Tin Star
Choice of Broadsides
Heroes Rise 1 & 2
Life of a Wizard

WIPs:
Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven
Vendetta
Team Zero

Zombie exodus, way walkers, switch, blood for poppies, sabre of infantry, Choice of romance to name a few.

At this point, I’m fairly certain Switch isn’t coming back…

Most dead WIPs will stay dead, sadly.

What is switch?

Great games. In order (best to worst)
Heroes Rise 1 & 2- Not sure why it gets so much hate. Love the characters.
Unnatural - Awesome.
Popcorn, soda… Murder? Short but sweet and makes you think. Has plot holes though.
Wiz Choice - Best written game IMO however very linear/choices which don’t do anything.
Life of a Wizard - Fun little game
Way Walkers 1 & 2- Ok but lacking in something
Choice of Zombies - Fun and branching, just a bit short.
Showdown At Willow Creek - A bit short, only a few endings.
Choice of a Dragon - Very short also a bit linear
Eerie Estate Agent - Kind of ends without much closure to the nature of the haunting of the house.
Choice of a Vampire 1& 2: Very historical. Boring and hard to relate to as a non-American reader.
Choice Of Romance - Poorly designed for a heterosexual male reader, may appeal to female readers or gaymers though.
Paranoia - Quirky but can’t compare to the well written games above.

Plan to try all the games. These are just what I’ve played thus far.

My personal favorites for COG are Thieves’ Gambit, Choice of Robots, Choice of Romance, and Choice of Vampires. Not really in that order, though. This might be because I’m a female reader like @exclusivelyalex pointed out, but I love Choice of Romance. It was suggested to me by a friend and I was so amazed (and still am! and also grateful) that the first one is free. I replayed so many times and didn’t really change my choices (…yeah, I know.) It was just so enjoyable and refreshing.

And then as far as Hosted, I would have to say The Lost Heir, Fatehaven, and Zombie Exodus. With probably Zombie Exodus being my favorite just by how glued to my phone I’d been. Just having to pause to pay between the last three sections was too much waiting. What a great game. I think it’s my favorite on this site, period.There are other really good ones, of course, but these are my personal tops.

1 Like

@Pyla8 This thread’s a bit old. (Unfortunately a spambot raised it from the dead.)

There’s a more recent one where we’re discussing our favourite games at What is your favorite CoG/HG and why? I’d suggest copy and pasting your answer there instead.

1 Like