What kind of story would you love to read?

So looking at both A Dog’s Life and A Cat’s Life in development where you have a lot of flexibility in playing an animal and situations for setup, I immediately thought… this would be a GREAT way of having a dinosaur/prehistoric creature POV game!

Pick your epoch, pick your animal, herbivore or carnivore, starting situation, and then try to eat, breed, explore and survive a world before humans. From giant insects to dinosaurs to furred mammals in the Ice age, do what you can to survive!

2 Likes

My two cents here…

I’d like to see an adventure-romance game where the MC goes from average human to powerful supernatural/superhero/whatever while establishing meaningful relationships, platonic and romantic, with a group of side characters. Kinda like an old BioWare game (DA:O, ME2, DA2, DA:I, and even ME:A), only with more depth in the relationships. One thing that eternally pisses me off with video games is that, once the romance has been established/settled, you’re done talking to your LI (ditto for friendships).

To me, a good story is about the people. Heroes Rise did a good job with the story, but the relationships were lacking (and the “wham! bam! thank you, ma’am!” romance was much too shallow ). Wayhaven seems to be doing a good job with the relationships, but it feels… I don’t want to say childish, but it reminds me of a typical dimestore romance novel where you spend the whole time in building up to a relationship and then the story is over (mirroring the lack of depth I see in BioWare games, where the so-called resolution is the admission that you’re in a relationship). I swear on everything holy that the words “slow burn” are on the verge of sending me into a blind rage.

Anyway, I get the feeling that SoS: The Mortal Coil might be heading in the exact direction I crave, but won’t really be able to tell until it finally comes out. I have high hopes for it. It definitely feels like not only a great story (and an interesting take on things we have preconceptions about), but the relationships feel far more adult-oriented and deeper than what I’ve seen from other CoG games.

TL:DR: I want a good romance with a good over arcing story as a foundation. I don’t want to be troped to death (for example, the ‘interruption’ thing is cute once or twice, but quickly turns into a desire to ram my head into bricks by the third time it happens) and don’t want to be beaten over the head with manufactured ‘angst’ just for the sake of dragging things out. I’m not fourteen anymore, so stupid Harlequin romances make me roll my eyes. I also want to see romances that actually continue after the resolution of “well, I guess we’re in a relationship now!” and show some real growth of character to all parties, where we get to see a true partnership taking place in the story after they’re comfortably together.

8 Likes

Personally I’d quite like to see a long, story about life as a roman legionary. Maybe something like sabres of infinity but as a Roman instead.

3 Likes

There’s a gladiator game coming out soon if your interested in that. If I recall correctly it’s by @nauhziy
Edit: my bad I had the wrong author.

3 Likes

I would love to read a sports sim, maybe about soccer. Which starts off with the MC maybe just bumming around and playing in the local leagues before clawing his/her way up to the professional leagues and dealing with all the shenanigans and pressure at that level!

@MoonMonkey
@Avery_Moore has a gladiator game coming out as well. It’s a total gem so def check it out!!!

@augustus27
Thanks for the shout-out!! Appreciate it :smile:

3 Likes

I would really want to read a harem story. From my male viewpoint where in the story the women love me and know they are not the only one who love me and I do not love just one of them and it would be no use to press for giving up on the others. Thought this whas givin in Wayhaven until I read here it is only love triangle there. Another game which I like because it let at least romancing more then one is Fallen Hero even though it is because of one mind in two bodies.

3 Likes

I have to admit that it’s weird to have a whole genre called ‘harem’ where there is almost no harem and almost always end with a monogamous relationship, it sound like a misnomer

4 Likes

I don’t know if some people take offence to the harem concept or not, but I think it’s certainly an option if a writer felt it could work. I assume that when the Hearts Choice line arrives there’s likely to be more options for a player to end a game with multiple romances, whether one defines that as a harem or not.

3 Likes

what do you mean by ‘heart choice line’ ?

2 Likes

(see below)

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer ^^

3 Likes