What kind of story would you love to read?

I love Shanara Chronicles! Still hoping for season 3. Stopped watching the 100 thou

1 Like

Ohohoho, Iā€™m always a sucker for romance (especially romcoms) so I would definitely read a romcom COG if there is one. :blush:

1 Like

You play as a elderly prankster who faked theyā€™re death years ago. These days your greatest source of amusement is scaring trespassing young teens shitless, and tonight you host your biggest batch yet. The surprise twist? Subtle details hidden in the narrative hint at the dark truth. Your character died from a heart attack caused by your excitement at the teens arrival. A fact revealed in the aftermath of the finally in which you unwittingly use your own body in one of six climatic final scares.

Iā€™m not planning to write this one myself so feel free try your hand at writing it if you feel up to it.

1 Like

C-sec. It has about two chapters.

My personal favorite types of stories to play are the ones full of detailed political intrigue and deception. Playing as the shadowy spymaster or member of a noble family pulling strings behind the scenes, either for personal gain or out of loyalty to your monarch/lord/whatever. Very much my thing.

8 Likes

I love prison games of any kind. Iā€™d love to see an in-depth game with gangs, officers, the warden, all that good stuff

1 Like

A good one where the protagonist is a robot.

1 Like

I agree with M.Zhouā€¦ I want games that are fun and make me smile.

Dunno about plot but I do know how I want to feel: Happy and hopeful, and ready to take on the horrors of reality again.

I think a big part of that is making the world and characters feel realer than real (with detail, and logic).

PS I have two small kids and I get really obsessive about choice games to the extent that I ā€˜hearā€™ a narrator in my head constantly talking about choices (ā€œDoes Felicity eat Corn Flakes or toast for breakfast?ā€) Iā€™ve often thought about writing a ā€˜parentingā€™ game, but I figured every single stat and result would have to be randomised to reflect the frustrating craziness of trying to use the right parenting strategy for that particular child on that particular day.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a bunch of different themes rather than specific story ideas that Iā€™ve been craving in story games recently so Iā€™m just going to do a list of thoughts.
One. No romance. None. At all. Itā€™s really not always necessary and oftentimes weighs down a story with pointless side stuff.
Two. A MC duo, preferably non romantic. Like a story where youā€™re able to flip between siblings or partners or besties or whatever.
Three. To not have to chose a side. ā€œGoodā€ guys can suck as much as the ā€œbadā€ guys sometimes and there are those of us out there who would rather watch the world burn then help either of them. Or we enjoy playing both sides and either destroying both organizations from the inside or negotiating a peace treaty so no one wins and no one burns. Regardless. I hate picking sides. Someone write something so I donā€™t have to. Or at least let me have a RNG ā€œcoin flipā€ option. Lol.
Four. Just straight be a villain. No redemption. No option to ā€œbe savedā€. Just decide what level of horrible you would like to be and go.
Five. Allowing your motivation for why you chose a certain response to be ā€œjust becauseā€/ā€œI donā€™t knowā€/ā€œI just did itā€/ā€œwell someone had to make a decision so I made one and thereā€™s nothing we can do about it nowā€. You legitimately donā€™t have or need a reason past ā€œit seemed like the thing to doā€ or ā€œsomebody had to do something so I did somethingā€ a lot of the time. People sometimes just do stuff for no reason and thatā€™s okay. If you need a stat name for that itā€™s called winging it. Lol.

3 Likes

Your 4 reminds me of Fallen Hero: Rebirth :grin:
Have you played it?

Oh please write a parenting game :kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes: pretty please

1 Like

Can anyone imagine a junji ito inspired horror game? No one would be safe. I need that type of cog in my life.

3 Likes

Man city is where itā€™s at my guy, but as long as youā€™re not a man utd fan then itā€™s all good.

1 Like

A fantasy storyā€¦In which protagonist is extremely powerful from the beginningā€¦

1 Like

I wanna play a proper villain story no redemption, no regrets, a guy being a villian just because he is one. 2nd I would love a reincarnation or time loop based story.

2 Likes

Is like a hero game kind of like my hero acedamia. Where you could have a choice of some cool and unusual powers like in the show. Shooting tape substance out of certain body parts, or a portal power. I like that show because all people with an ability also have a limit. Like using it for too long, could cause them to get sick for a time. I think itd be a cool story to play.

2 Likes

Try Fallen Hero: Rebirth :grin:

2 Likes

Tried it but so much more is needed from this genra

3 Likes

Yeah. My point was that we just donā€™t always need to be the hero. Itā€™d be nice to have more opportunities to be the evil queen or the horrible boss or the greedy thief or the weirdo necromancer or the apathetic vampire or the lab rat who tries and fails to take over the world every night orā€¦ I could go on for days with examples.

And as to the recommendationā€¦
Supervillains are fine. Not my favorite. Mostly because the whole super hero/villain genre in general isnā€™t my favorite and if weā€™re going there I actually prefer anti-heroes over the rest. (Which could be constituted as my point three).
Also Iā€™m not big on mind control. Like at all. Like a ā€œJeremy Renner talking about it so much after the Avengers movie that they made a joke about it and he was the one Scarlet Witch never got to mess with in Age of Ultronā€ level of not into it. Lol.

3 Likes

What type of games do you guys want? I donā€™t mean just COG I mean every type including Choice games.
A game where you play as a samurai traveling the vast open world. A rpg steampunk adventure game with an insane plot of steam based 50 stories tall mechs.
Whatā€™s your dream game?

4 Likes