What kind of stories do you want to see for Choice of Games & Hosted Games?

I would actually prefer a more real life setting than a fantasy setting. Don’t get me wrong, some fantasy games just hit the spot for me, but overall, I’d like real life.

@Pqfire09

They couldn’t host it but I could use CS to make a game as long as it was stated it was free to play fan game.

@SpaceLesbian, I agree with you. I would rather see see a heist (or something similar) game than another sci-fi or fantasy game. IMO, we have too much of those already.

I would love to see a game that is just outrageous in every way, yet still maintains a sense of reality. Like a crazy comedy adventure where the player has taken some strange drug at a party and has to survive hours if the weirdest hallucinations, plots, trippy things and that. Make it long, make it random and make it fun!

Yeah, that’d be a good little game…

As for a serious game, I’d like to see a race or heist game, but I do love a good fantasy too. Or even a sci fi horror a little similar to the Dead Space series. I would enjoy that!

2 Likes

@Nocturnal_Stillness: …unless you make it widely available and the copyright and/or trademark holders notice and decide to come after you. It’s always worthwhile to check on whether the owners of a particular property have been lax or strict about fan fiction and the like. What I know about Mass Effect and fandom = 0. But I always feel like I should mention, before someone puts in a ton of work on a non-fanfic fannish project, that the work might get slapped down.

What’s the experience been here on fanfic-type games?

ETA: I see that @Nocturnal_Stillness did mention that it’d be fine if Bioware OK’d it.

@Carolyne

I did get in touch with Bioware their response was the “as long as it was stated free to play fan game” CoGs response was yes but they wouldn’t host it.

@Nocturnal_Stillness: That’s great. I’m glad to hear they aren’t stuffy about fan works.

@Nocturnal_Stillness @Carolyne Yeah that’s good.
@BlazedStorm paradox factor did that for me. 8D

@Pqfire09 is paradox factor good? I still havent played it

@MarvelousMatty It messed with I mind, I lived so many lives, had so many weddings, so many children…so many funerals.@_@ in short yes it was very intriguing, 8D

@Pqfire09 would you recommend it? Lol

@MarvelousMatty Yes I would.

I wouldn’t mind a game like Halo. Goes on almost forever. Switches characters. Like Reach, the author isn’t afraid to kill all of the main characters. A game that makes me cry.

1 Like

Maybe a real parody game of the Monty python/ Britsh variety sometime, since games purely focused on the satirical comedy aspect seem to be lacking, other than that I like surprises since I used to think I couldn’t possibly be interested in any sort of sports game ever until I tried Slammed.

I actually started writing a Mass Effect fan-game myself a while back - although fanfic is always a grey area, as @Nocturnal_Stillness said Bioware/EA are known to not object to ME fanworks in general and have allowed other fangame projects on their official forum (although I’m not sure any of them ever got finished).

It had an ok plot involving a Cerberus conspiracy and a bunch of original characters, but since I’m the world’s worst writer I eventually hit a wall and set it aside. Maybe I’ll go back to it sometime, though…

@Aetheria I’m sure your fine. xD, the only written stuff I’ve done for ME is also some original character roleplay stuff. Funnn

@aetheria @Pqfire09

My old idea was you was a security officer aboard a transport freighter when it was attacked by reaper forces. It was set between me2 and me3

@Nocturnal_Stillness the three of us did ours right before mass effect 3, our characters were Mercs hired by aria right before Cerberus attacked omega.

I want to see a Steampunk Choice of Game.

@Warpshade: Another vote for Steampunk. A story that goes wild with technology and history–maybe that spans several lifetimes, several centuries of weirder and weirder tech? I feel ideas bubbling up.

Whenever I manage to finish writing When In Rome (I can see the light at the end of the creative tunnel on that one) I have a Steampunk idea that I think would work better as an interactive story than as (my original plan) a novel. But I also have about a half dozen other game ideas. So many stories, so little time. I need a few extra brains, hands, eyeballs… Maybe some other nice person will write some Steampunk for us :slight_smile: