Werewolves 2: Pack Mentality – Overpower the Human Sovereignty Movement!

After yet another try at this game, I’ve still to come across some achievements. From their placement in the achievement list, I suspect they are all contained in the big battle climax of the book:

Mine Sweeper, McLeod, Confessional (I’ve got the ‘I’m Telling’), Maximum Carnage, Fly Free (70% Academics wasn’t the breakout I was hoping for, to get this).

I suspect that I nearly got Science Prevails, when I failed to convince Byrne not to take Maker away after Sonoma’s capture (my Diplomacy was 60 something percent, and I wonder if 70% will cut it).

Can anyone help me out, please? Thanks.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten Mine Sweeper and McLeod myself yet but I suspect that the mines can show up when approaching Rivera’s camp and you’d get Sweeper by expertly navigating around them and McLeod by stepping on one but surviving.
Confessional requires you to pretend to side with Maker and then force/convince her to confess that she isn’t a werewolf in front of Sonoma rather than using the canister to force her to transform into her “vampire form”.

Maximum Carnage and Fly Free are easy to get in one go. Basically, don’t betray Sonoma and join the Wild Hunt that goes after Rivera. Then you have to help Sonoma kill Rivera and for this, not only will you need Combat but also I think (I’m not certain) that you either need to have enough Rage for your Inner Wolf to help you overpower her or you need to select a way of fighting that synergises with low Rage such as distracting her while Sonoma attacks. But I’m not entirely sure. Sometimes I manage to kill Rivera, other times she wins.

If you do kill her, I think you’ll automatically get Fly Free because Sonoma uses Rivera’s helicopter to protect the convoy from above. If you don’t get it, that’s because you still need to either destroy or trick the other helicopter.

1 Like

Thanks for the swift reply, Mister JB. Much appreciated! Looks like I was going the wrong way in trying to achieve Fly Free.

I had read that it’s possible for Rivera to be eliminated - but despite a few attempts, I’ve never been able to beat her yet.

1 Like

Hello, someone could solve a doubt for me, I wanted to go the pacifist way but I obtained the achievement of “War Criminal” is it possible to realize the pacifist way without obtaining that achievement?

1 Like

Hello,
I hope someone will be able to help me, I have some issues with my playthrough, more specifically about exporting my save in book 2. I restarted several times, and my issue stay the same every times… in book one, my LI is Jolon, but in book 2 (even if he is still the one with the most affinity) he literally NEVER appears. Not in the nail, not during the escape, not in Sonoma’s camp, never. I though he might appear later, but I’m at the moment when the fanatics attack the camp, chapter 6 I think, and still nothing… Dena, in the other hand, is often here while apparently he is supposed to more absent… is it because I managed to save him during the war? Are Jolon and Dena not supposed to be alive in the same timelines? I’m kinda confused ^^" (sorry if there is some mistakes: english usn’t my first language)

1 Like

Did you actually manage to romance Jolon in book 1? As in, did you have sex with him and get his special scenes at his house? If you did, then he absolutely should be appearing at many points of book 2. If you didn’t get his romance scenes and you saved Dena, Jolon will appear minimally in book 2, but he should still be mentioned a few times. As long as he’s alive, it’s also possible to have him with you in chapter 3, but you need to do the flanking maneuver to get with him at the beginning of the chapter. He should also be there around chapter 6 when you’re going to attack the HSM base. The only reason I can thin of off the top of my head that he wouldn’t be there is if he died in book 1.

1 Like

You are very fast ahah!

Oh… my bad, apparently I wasn’t able to romance him properly after all: I thought it was a (very xD) slow burn and that we will have most of the romance action in book 2, thus I was happy he just came to save my behind in the lab and said “I’m not alone, I have you” at the end of the book xD

Well, seems like 79% isn’t enough for Mr Jolon and that I’ll have to pursue him more “aggressively” xD (I didn’t actively flirt with him, since it s not my style, that’s probably where I messed up. I though that as long as he came to my rescue the romance was locked ).

Thank you for your answer!

2 Likes
  • Betray General Rivera
  • Betray Sonoma
  • Betray Maker

0 voters

I’ve been stuck at this point in the game for a long time. In one playthrough, I picked to betray Sonoma, but then felt like it was wrong and restarted the game. Now, I have no idea what to pick. (I don’t really like “betrayal” in general)

Which would lead to a better outcome in the long run? Which feels the best morally? Are the two different?

2 Likes

It been a while since last I played, but if I recall and you play your cards right, you can get ride of all 3 of them. Of all 3, Rivera was the only one that I could’ve sided with. Sonoma was an icon that went too far, and Maker? Fuck Maker…I aint trusting that.

3 Likes

Honestly, I have a hard time with this, myself, and I wrote the damn thing! It’s the definition of making the best of a bad situation, and there’s no right answer.

I’m inclined to betray Maker, but Sonoma and Rivera are both awful in their own ways. I think, if I had to choose in real life, I’d have to agree with Rivera, though the whole slaughtering Sonoma’s wolves to keep her in check is inexcusable. I think (this is in-game, with no meta-gaming on my part) Rivera would have the best chance of saving the species and Maker, well, who knows what her deal is until we get to book 3? Sonoma may be too much of a loose cannon and get everyone killed. Plus chemical gas weapons are a pretty big no-no.

Also, even if Rivera shoots Maker, a discerning reader may notice that her body goes missing during the fighting. How strange…

5 Likes

If you go after Rivera, does Sonoma still use the chemical weapons?

2 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

Oof, there goes Ahote’s PR campaign.

5 Likes

I actually got that ending my first playthrough. Im doing the pacifist route and the way I was able to not hurt the humans was by betraying Sonoma in order to prevent her from causing the explosion. That’s the only way I was able to get it.

2 Likes

I may not remember correctly but in the prologue from Haven Rising there was a character named Huritt that was given a quote to open up the whole series. I’m not sure if we’ve talked about or been introduced to him. Is he someone that would be seen in book 3?

2 Likes

Question for the book one. If you dont take Ahote’s offer to be the pack leader and chose a different mentor, who’s gonna be the pack leader? Dana?

1 Like

Greek winter, in book 2 when l chose that my MC wants to be with Tiva and Bly, or Dena and Tiva l don’t hear anything about it later in the book so l tried Jolon and Bly to see if it can happen with them, it did. So do l do something wrong here or does Tiva has doubts because she is thinking of Lapu? Sorry if there any mistakes english is not my first language.

Jolon and Bly is a threesome agreed upon by all the parties. The MC and Bly are still a couple, they just don’t mind having fun with a third person.

With Tiva, the MC is seeing her behind Dena’s or Bly’s back and they don’t know about it yet.

3 Likes

Is 91% the most you can get out of relationships in this book?

How can I kill Rivera?